Baby on the Way ↣ Phil {Requested}

Requested by my fren dunwithdan . Hope you enjoy! Thanks for requesting!
Also, please check out dunwithdan ! They write imagines too and they recently did a request of mine really well! Check them out!

"Phil!" You call from the lounge. "Do we have any mint chocolate chip ice cream left?"

Phil, who's editing a video in the office, sighs.

He thought it would be easy.

But no.

Between the doctor's appointments, weird cravings, and crazy emotional mood swings, it's been anything but easy.

"You ate it all last night whilst watching Stranger Things, remember?" Phil calls back.

Tears suddenly spring up in the corner of your eyes, and you stick out your bottom lip in a pout.

"Phil!" You whine.

Phil sighs again as he gets up and walks downstairs to the lounge.

"Yes, love?" He asks, poking his head into the lounge.

"Are you sure there's no ice cream left?" You sniff, wiping your watery eyes with your sweater paws.

Phil chuckles a bit. "I'm sure. How about a candy bar or something?"

You twist your mouth in thought. "Mmm, nah...Do we have any popcorn?"

"You want popcorn now?" Phil laughs, sitting on the couch next to you. He pecks your lips, and you smile.

"Yes. I also want you to watch Yuri on Ice and cuddle with me," you say, matter-of-factly.

"(Y/N), I'd love to, but there's a video I have to—"

"Phil! You haven't been spending any time with me recently!" You interject, sighing dramatically. Tears pool in your eyes again. "I've been so overwhelmed recently and I'm actually starting to get really stressed out and I just want to spend some quality time with my one true love!" You exclaim, flopping back onto the couch.

"(Y/N), I've been overwhelmed too!" Phil says. "How do you think it feels rushing around trying to get everything done for the channel and trying to please you at the same time? It's been exhausting!"

You frown, and your shoulders sag. "I'm sorry...I-I didn't...I didn't k-know t-that was h-h-how you f-felt—"

"(Y/N), love, don't cry," Phil says softly, pulling you into a hug. "It's alright, don't cry."

"C-Craft," you whisper, sniffling back your tears.

Phil can't help but laugh. "(Y/N)!"

You smile a bit. "I'm sorry. I'm just—"

"—Emotional, I've noticed," Phil jokes.

Your smile widens. While most of it is emotions, part of it is true. You miss Phil. Even though you're in the same flat, the same room, your heart seems to ache. It may sound dramatic, yes, but you wish it could be just the two of you, forever.

But it won't be just the two of you. Pretty soon there will be three.

And you're positively ecstatic.

"You've been editing for ages, Phil," you say, your voice small. "Please just take a little break? Just a tiny one?"

Phil looks away and nervously scratches the back of his neck.

"Well, it hasn't been ages, but..."

"Please," you beg, clasping your hands together and looking up at him with wide eyes. You bite your bottom lip to look even more convincing.

Phil looks at you and sighs.

"I guess I could watch one episode..." he winces.

"Yay!" You squeal, attacking him in a hug. "Thank you thank you thank you!"

"You sure are taking advantage of this whole pregnancy thing, aren't you?" Phil chuckles, carefully hugging you.

He's always been gentle with you, but he's especially caring now that you have a baby on the way. It's simply surreal. A baby. A life. Your lives are forever changing for the better, and the two of you couldn't be happier.

"(Y/N)," Phil whispers. "Why are you crying again?"

You don't even notice the small tears rolling down your cheeks until Phil lightly wipes them away with his thumb.

A million thoughts are going through through your head, but you only say three simple words.

"I love you."

*~*~*~*

Nine episodes of Yuri on Ice and two bowls of popcorn later, everything is back to the way it was.

Phil is upstairs in the office editing a video, and you're on the couch in the lounge sobbing over the fact that Haru and Makoto might go separate ways in Free! Eternal Summer.

"No! No no no! Why?! Why...?!"

Phil hears your crying from the lounge and jumps off of his office chair so fast it falls over. He scrambles down the stairs from the office and runs into the lounge.

"(Y/N)!" He exclaims, bursting into the lounge. "What's wrong?! Are you okay?!"

You look up at Phil with misty eyes from your spot on the couch.

"T-They're..." you take one last look at the television before bursting into tears. "They're going to different colleges!"

Phil relaxes and smiles as he walks over and sits down on the couch next to you.

"(Y/N), are you crying over anime again?" He asks quietly.

You sniff. "Maybe..."

Phil smiles and spreads his arms. "Come here," he says.

You wipe your eyes and snuggle up in Phil's arms, a bit awkwardly because of your growing tummy. But you instantly feel better cuddling with Phil.

"What about..." Phil puts on hand carefully on your stomach. "Winston?"

You smile a bit to yourself. "Winston?"

"Okay, no, not Winston," Phil laughs. "Brado?"

"Brado?" You burst out laughing. "Brado Lester? Now you're just saying names from Phil is not on fire."

"Okay, okay," Phil says, the corner of his tongue poking out of his smile. "How about...Susan?"

You laugh. "We are not naming our child after a meme from the gaming channel."

Phil hugs you tighter and smiles dreamily.

"What?" You ask, looking up at him.

"Our child," he replies. "There's a tiny human inside your stomach. A baby. Our baby. You're gonna be a mom. Dan's gonna be an uncle. I'm gonna be a dad!"

You laugh a bit. "Uncle Danny," you say to yourself.

Phil joins in your laughter. "Uncle Danny? Oh, I'm definitely making Susan call him that."

"Phil! We are not naming them Susan!"

"Fine! What about..."

Phil is silent for a while.

"...Dil?"

fin

This one was so cute to write! I hope you enjoyed! Comment and vote if you did?