Stood Up ↣ Phil

I'M ACTUALLY DEAD
I'M DEAD
I DIED
I'M IN THE AFTERLIFE
{the pic fffs}
Also, I got some ~MEMES~ that I made at the end of this chapter

You sigh and rest your chin in your hand. Under the table, your left foot taps impatiently. Taking a sip of your once-hot chocolate, you frown.

After the first five minutes, you didn't care. After ten minutes, you had your doubts. After half an hour, you started getting annoyed.

Now, an hour and forty-five minutes later, you're beyond upset.

Tears brim at the corner of your eyes, and you look down at your hot chocolate. There's no use hiding your face; the only people in the coffee shop are you, the barista, and a couple over in the corner.

You haven't exactly had successful dates in the past. You're either too nerdy to find something in common with the person, or too awkward to even talk to them.

You sigh and wipe away your tears. You've waited long enough. It's time to go home and cry over an entire season of your favorite anime. Or your favorite Netflix show. Or both. Yeah, both sounds good.

You grab your cup of hot chocolate get up from your seat at the window. It's dark outside, how convenient. You can't believe you've been waiting since it was light out.

You sigh and can't help but cry as you head to the door. You're tired. Tired of unsuccessful dates, tired of being so awkward, tired of life, tired of everything.

The your watery eyes trained on the floor, you pull your sweater sleeves down over your hands. "Asshole," you mutter about your so-called 'date' as you push open the door.

"Excuse me?" A voice with a slight Northern accent replies.

Your eyes widen a bit in surprise. You look up and see a pair of bright blue-green eyes.

You immediately fluster at how actually attractive the guy is. You have to remind yourself that you were just stood up, and you're supposed to hate guys right now.

"S-Sorry," you mumble, wiping your eyes. "I meant my...my 'date'," you explain, using air quotations around the word date.

"Yeah?" The guy questions.

You look down and shrug. "He just stood me up."

"Oh, he is an asshole then," the guy says, matter-of-factly.

You laugh ever so slightly. "Yeah, sorry about that," you sniff. "I didn't mean to run into you. Or accidentally call you an asshole."

"It's alright," the guy smiles and shrugs his shoulders. "I don't usually curse, but I hear it a lot."

You raise your eyebrow.

"My flatmate," the guy explains. "He curses sometimes."

"Oh," you nod, laughing a little.

"Yeah," the man shrugs again. "His name is Dan. We make YouTube videos together. It's really fun. Having a flatmate is fun. We watch anime and play video games and—"

The guy suddenly looks down and blushes. "I'm sorry. I'm rambling again."

"No no!" You rush, then clean your throat and try to sound more casual. "It's okay. I like talking."