Live Show Mistake ↣ Dan

those pictures gOD DAN

You walk through the hallway with a stack of anime DVDs in hand. You had just come home from visiting your friend in America, and you're so jet lagged all you want to do is cuddle up in bed and binge watch anime until 3 a.m.

"Dan?" You call, poking your head around the corner. You see his bedroom door is closed, so you just assume he's changing into his pyjamas or something.

You slowly walk closer to his room and push the door open ever so slightly. You poke your head into his room and see Dan sitting at his desk in front of his laptop.

"Dan..." You say quietly, fully entering his room. "Have you seen my laptop?"

Dan turns around and glances back at you.

"Uh yeah, it's on our bed," he mumbles casually, nodding to the bed behind him.

"Thank you~" you sing-song as you walk over to your bed and grab the white Mac on top of the black and gray duvet.

"Well now I've gone and done it," Dan mumbles quietly, followed by a nervous laugh.

"Um, say hi to (Y/N), everyone!" Dan says, turning to look at you with wide eyes.

Your eyes widen and your cheeks heat up as you realize he's doing a live show. Live. Right now. To thousands of people.

And he just said "our bed".

And there's nothing wrong with that, except for one little problem:

The Phandom doesn't know about you and Dan.

Dan was really nice about the whole thing, giving you the option to tell the fans about your relationship or keep it private. You chose to have it stay private, and Dan totally respected that, so you had to keep your relationship a secret. It hasn't been easy, and there have been a few close calls, but the two of you have managed to keep the secret.

Until now.

"Hi guys!" You start to panic, so you just wave awkwardly at Dan's laptop.

"She's just over filming some videos with Phil," Dan quickly makes up a lie. You hope it's convincing enough. You can see the chat in the live show is going crazy.

"Yeah, and I need my laptop and these anime DVDs for..." You hold up the items in your hands. "Well, no spoilers! You'll see my collabs with Phil soon enough, haha!" You laugh.

Lies. There's no collabs with Phil. Guess I gotta film some now to follow up on this lie.

"I know it's kind of late, guys, but we've been filming all day..." Dan says.

"Yeah," you add. "I just finished some videos with Dan, so now I'm filming with Phil!" You shrug. "And I'm keeping him waiting..." You wave casually again at the camera, but the panic starts rising inside of you. "Bye!"

You rush out of Dan's room, slamming the door behind you.

"Aaaand that's really all the time I have tonight guys!" You hear Dan say. "Sorry I had to cut this short, but like (Y/N) said, we are really busy filming tonight."

The rest of Dan's words fade away, and you actually start to panic as you run into the lounge. You drop the laptop and DVDs on the lounge floor, and your hands go up to both sides of your head. Your breathing gets short and quick, and you feel tears run down your cheeks.

Seriously? An anxiety attack? Right now, of all times?

Dan rushes into the lounge and grabs your arm, stopping you from pacing back and forth.

"Shh, don't cry, love, don't cry," Dan says, pulling you into a tight hug. "It's okay, it's okay-"

"It's not okay!" You yell.

"They didn't catch it, they didn't catch it-"

"Didn't catch it? Dan, you literally said our bed to thousands of people!"

"Even if they did hear me say it, it was only them!" Dan tries to be reassuring. "People that weren't watching the live show aren't going to know!"

You stare at him in disbelief. "It's going to be all over the Internet in two seconds flat, Dan!"

Dan hugs you tighter, and you bury your face in his shirt.

"It's going to be okay, (Y/N)," he says softly. "Please stop crying."

"What do we do Dan? What do we do? I can feel the hate already!"

Dan puts his hands on your shoulders, his face suddenly serious. "If anyone gives you hate I will personally-"

"Hey guys," a voice interrupts. Phil comes into the lounge, but his smile disappears when you sees you. "What's wrong, what happened?" He asks quickly, his eyes wide.

"Something terrible," you mutter.

"It can't be that bad, can it?" Phil tries to smile and be optimistic.

"I accidentally walked in on Dan's live show," you explain, wiping the tears out of your eyes.

"And to make things worse, I slipped up and said our bed," Dan adds.

Phil winces. "Yeah, it can be that bad..."

"We made up a lie though!" Dan says, sort of hopefully.

"Was it a good one?"

"I said...she was here...filming a video...with you..." Dan's voice trails off. He sits down on the couch and puts his head in his hands. "Oh my God, it sounds worse now that I say it again."

"That is pretty bad, Dan," Phil twists his mouth. "But hey!" He sits down next to Dan. "It wasn't bad for being on the spot like that!"

Dan groans.

You sit down on the other side of Dan.

"What're we gonna do?" You say, your voice and body shaking. You were always secretly terrified of what Dan and Phil's followers would think of you dating Dan. You knew you would get hate from a lot of people, and you chose to keep the relationship private partially because you didn't want the Phandom to be upset with Dan because of you.

"I've got an idea!" Phil jumps up suddenly.

You and Dan look up at him.

"What if I tweet something that kind of backs up the lie that (Y/N) was filming with me? Saying something like, "Oh, filming with @(Your/Twitter/Name) and she knocked over the camera!" And then we could actually film a video tonight, and put it up straight away tomorrow, so it wouldn't give them that much time to go too crazy."

"Okay, that actually sounds like our best option right now," Dan says. He looks over at you. "Right?"

"I don't have any better ideas," you shrug sadly. "But are you sure about filming a video, Phil? And editing it? This late at night?"

"It's for a good cause!" Phil smiles. "Plus, I'm not tired anyway." He waves it off. "Now come on!"

You look at Dan and bite your lip.

"D'you really think this is going to work?" You ask.

"Even if it doesn't, I don't care," Dan takes your hand in his. "If they have a problem with you, I have a problem with them."

You smile as Dan kisses you before you head off to film with Phil. Somehow, you're not as nervous as you were before. What Dan said was all you needed to hear.

fin