Star Wars: The Whiskers Within, Part III ★ Dan & Phil

・。・゜★・。・☆..:*

"Lord Vader..."

Anxiety rushes through your body, and your breathing gets quicker and heavier. Your mind screams. Fear courses through your veins.

There, standing before you, is Darth Vader himself. He's turned away, back toward you, staring out a large window into empty space.

"Grand Moff Tarkin," a deep, robotic voice sounds. It makes your heart beat faster and your blood run cold. "I find it interesting that you are here, instead of on the Death Star, doing your job."

The governor's stoic expression falters, and he clears his throat. "Yes, well, I have a captive that I think will interest you very much. A Rebel, Lord Vader."

Darth Vader waves Grand Moff Tarkin away with the flick of his gloved wrist. "I cannot be bothered with every little Rebel you bring me, Governor Tarkin. Kill them."

Grand Moff Tarkin takes a step forward. "But Lord Vader—!"

Suddenly, Darth Vader sharply turns on his heel so that he's directly facing you and the governor.

You're even more frightened now that you can see him face to face. Or rather, face to mask. Vader himself is hiding under completely black armor, with a small control panel on the chest. He wears a slick, black helmet, with holes for the eyes and a triangular speaker for the mouth. But they're completely opaque. You can see nothing of Vader's real body. A long black cape billows out behind him. What scares you the most is the lightsaber hilt hanging from his belt.

As soon as Vader turns around, Tarkin steps back and regains his composure. "She is a very important Rebel, sir," he says, shoulders straightened and chin held high. Even an evil Imperial governor is afraid of Vader.

As a Rebel, you can tell when someone is a skilled leader. And you can tell that Vader is not. He controls his people with fear, rather than respect. You can beat that no one in the Empire really likes Vader, only fear him.

An intense and heavy breathing sound emits from Vader's suit. "How so?" He questions.

You keep your eyes trained on the floor as Tarkin responds. You can't look at Vader for much longer.

"She has the Rebels' attack plans with her, sir." Grand Moff Tarkin signals the Stormtrooper holding your satchel to step forward. "And she knows many more things about the Rebel Alliance. We could use her sir, to get more information. To crush the Alliance."

You set your jaw angrily. The Alliance will not be stopped. Not if you can help it.

Darth Vader remains quiet for a moment, save for the heavy breathing. "Leave her with me. Then go back to the Death Star immediately. You're more valuable there than you are here."

Grand Moff Tarkin gives a short, curt nod before turning sharply on his heel. He glares at you as he walks out of the bridge.

"Leave me," Vader commands. The Stormtroopers standing at attention behind you march out as well, leaving you alone with the most evil person in the galaxy.

Be a strong Rebel. Make the Alliance proud.

You set your jaw and look up, directly at Darth Vader. His frightening helmet stares down at you, but you don't look away. Not this time.