You can't make me (45)

*Eugene's POV*
Rapunzel has been talking about music history nonstop today. It's finally lunch and I'm just going to have to ignore her. I'm just going to focus on eating my food and getting the heck out of here.

"Eugene! Are you even listening to me?" Rapunzel asked.

"No." I replied with food in my mouth.

"Why?"

"Because all you've been talking about is music history."

"Fine, lets talk about Tiffany."

"What about her?"

"Today she came up to me and asked if you were a good singer."

"Really? What did you say?"

"I said that you're horrible and sound like a dying goose." Rapunzel said sarcastically.

"Well anyone could see through that lie." I teased.

"Ha ha, you're hilarious." Rapunzel smirked. We finished our lunch and walked to band. "Why don't you want to sing?" Rapunzel blurted.

"I don't know. It's not really my thing." I replied.

"But you're so good!" Rapunzel said.

"Thanks but I think otherwise." I chuckled.

"Well, I guess we'll see what Mrs. Smith has to say." Rapunzel smirked. Band flew past faster than it has ever before. We walked to music history and took our usual seats.

"Everyone must sign up on the sheet outside my door. Some of the time slots will be after school. You may go with a partner if you like. Who wants to go first?" Mrs. Smith asked.

"I will!" One boy yelled.

"Kay, everyone else get out!" Mrs. Smith yelled. Rapunzel and I ran to get a good time. When we got the pen, the only time left was 3:45.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked.

"What's so wrong with 3:45?" Rapunzel asked.

"Now everyone else can hear us sing." I replied.

"Eugene, do you have stage fright." Rapunzel smiled as she playfully nudged me in the ribs.

"No, but I don't want them to hear me sing." I replied.

"You'll do great." Rapunzel said as she leaned over and kissed me on my cheek. We sat outside the room and talked about what we're going to do for winter break. Eventually, the bell went of at 3:10. Everyone was getting out of class and running to get to their lockers. Rapunzel and I already grabbed our stuff from our lockers. Soon, everyone in The Big Eight found us.

"Did you guys already sing?" Elsa asked.

"No, we sing at 3:45." Rapunzel replied.

"Can we hear you guys sing?" Anna asked.

"No." I replied.

"Pleaseee!" Anna begged.

"Just because Eugene said no doesn't mean I said no." Rapunzel said.

"Can we Punzie!" Elsa asked excitedly.

"No." Rapunzel giggled.

"Wow Punzie, way to get my hopes up." Elsa said. She leaned against the wall and slid to the floor to sit down. We sat and chatted for a while until Mrs. Smith called us in. We walked into the room and I started to get nervous. Rapunzel went over and put our CD in the player and grabbed my hand, giving it a quick squeeze. Here we go. Rapunzel turned and gave me a nervous smile. Then she started to sing.

All those days, watching from the window. All those years, outside looking in. All that time, never even knowing just how blind I've been. Now I'm here, blinking in the starlight. Now I here, suddenly I see. Standing here, it's ohh so clear. I'm where I'm meant to be. And at last I see the light. And it's like the fog has lifted. And at last I see the light. And it's like the sky is new. And it's warm and real and bright. And the world has somehow shifted. All at once, everything looks different now that I see you.

Rapunzel turned and looked into my eyes. We kept looking at each other until I was my time to sing. I gave her hand a squeeze and began.

All those days, chasing down a daydream. All those years, living in a blur. All that time, never truly seeing things the way they were. Now she's here, shining in the starlight. Now she's here, suddenly I know. If she's here, it's crystal clear I'm where I'm meant to go.

I grabbed her other hand as she sang along.

T: And at last I see the light.
E: And it's like the fog has lifted.
T: And at last I see the light.
R: And it's like the sky is new.
T: And it's warm and real and bright. And the world has somehow shifted. All at once, everything is different. Now that I see you.
E: Now that I...
R: See you.....

The music stopped and we turned to look at Mrs. Smith. "Would you kids like to hear what I have to say?" She asked.

"Yes." Rapunzel said.

"Number one; beautiful singing Rapunzel. I loved the feeling you gave your verse. Number two; I've never had a group of kids sing a romantic duet, let alone be a song they wrote, and sing it like they meant it as well as you two did. Number three; I didn't know you actually had a singing voice Flynn. You should use it more often. That's all I have to say. You can check your grades when I post them on the board outside my door. Thank you for that stunning performance." Mrs. Smith said.

"Thank you." Rapunzel and I said as we walked out the door. When we opened the open, everyone came falling in.

"Really guys?" I asked. They quickly stood up and ran out the door. Rapunzel and I followed them to our dorm.

"Did you guys really have to listen to us sing that bad?" Rapunzel panted.

"Yes. We had to know if Eugene could sing or not." Hiccup said.

"Turns out, he's actually pretty good." Jack chuckled.

"Well thank you." I smilied.

"I told you you were a good singer." Rapunzel grinned.

"Hey guys, guess what day it is." Kristoff said.

"It's Friday!" Anna cheered.

"We should all do something." Merida added.

"How about we go on dates?" Anna asked.

"Ooo that sounds like fun." Rapunzel said.

"Let's do it!" Jack cheered.

...............................................................................................................................................
Hope you enjoyed this chapter! The next ones are going to be a blast!