Following Orders

" Wake up Lillian!!" her father yelled. Lillian shot up in her bed and stared at her father. " Get dressed and meet me in the kitchen, and hurry up!"

Lillian stared up at the ceiling for a minute. She was replying her memory from last night with her brother's. She watched them leave, from her bedroom window, she watched them walk away from her. At they stood at the edge of the garden, without even looking back or trying to take her with... they took off, nothing but burnt grass was left behind.

"Lillian!!!!! Where are your brother's???????" General Thorn yelled. Lillian blinked and felt her cheeks. No tears... And that is how it will always be when someone leaves her. No emotion...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*One month later*

Lillian jumped out of bed, dressing into her clothes and brushing her long hair. She placed her hairbrush down and stared at herself into the mirror. She had bags under her eyes and had lost some weight. It's been a month since her brother's left. Her father gave up searching for them and returned to his duties at the Fire Lords side. Her mother never left her room and refused to speak to Lillian or her Father. Her mother's illness grew worse by the day, Lillian's heartache, she just wanted to stay home and comfort her mother.

As the month went by, Lillian has been spending more time at the Royal Palace. She and the young prince have become close friends, and believe it or not. She started to tolerate Azula and her "friends". Up until a certain point...

Lady Ursa had heard about what happened to Lillian's brothers and felt concern for Lady Delphin. With her illness getting worse she felt that her time would be soon. She brushed off the thought and watched the children play at the pond. Zuko and Lillian were feeding the turtleducks and Azula and her friends were cartwheeling on the grass. Lady Ursa's heart was filled with joy at the sight, but could not shake the feeling that something was off.

"Lilly, how did you get your hair to look like that? I mean, it's even sooooo soft!!" Ty Lee squealed at the touch of Lillian's hair. Azula came up from behind with her arms crossed over her chest "If you ask me, it's weird. You look like a freak!" Mai nodded " Why don't you wear a hat or something?" Mai's dry voice said. Lillian stood there with her head held high, as she was about to say something "So what if her hair is a different colour, and her eyes are crimson. I think that Lilly is amazing and a lot of fun!" Zuko said as he stepped in front of Lillian. Azula had an annoyed look and huffed before she turned around and walked away.

Zuko turned to see Lillian looking at the ground all of a sudden. He looked around before he placed his hand on her shoulder, "don't worry, I have your back!" as Zuko said those words Shin and Shane came to mind. " a firebender without fire..." Lillian whispered... Zuko raised his hand from her shoulder and watched her tremble, "I'm sorry Lilly, I was just trying to help... I.." Lillian pushed past Zuko as she ran to a secluded part of the garden. Lillian started to hum and the tears came down.

Zuko watched her leave, as he was about to run after her, his mother called. She told Zuko that Lilly just needed some space and that she would be fine soon. "She will come back when she is ready my love" Lady Ursa said to the young Prince.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a few months went by, Zuko had learnt all about Lillian and her brother's. How they were trained from dusk till dawn on the days General Thorn had no duties, They were never allowed to have fun or friends. But He still couldn't understand why they would just leave her. He promised himself that he will always be there for her, to do all the things they used to do with her. but that resulted in Lillian withdrawing from him. So he stopped and was just Prince Zuko, her close friend and sparring partner when ever need be.

One day, while Zuko and Lillian were training in the courtyard a servent approached the young benders and knelt in front of the Prince. As Zuko walked closer he noticed that the servant had a scroll with him. Zuko took it from the servant and started to read it. Zuko's face fell and he felt tears swell up. He turned to face Lillian, she was standing there staring into the distance. Did she know? "Lilly... lets go inside, I think we need to go find your Father." Lillian turned at Zuko's words, she knew....

Zuko and Lillian walked back in silence. Her head was down and her hands were swaying with no feeling at her sides. On the steps of the Palace stood General Thorn. His eyes were sad, he bowed to Prince Zuko and excused Lillian and himself from his company.

Zuko watched them walk away. The General walking tall and firm and young Lillian walking at his side with her aura giving off a broken heart. Someone's hand was on Zuko's shoulder it was his mother. She looked down at him and then at the silhouette disappearing into the sunset. "We will have to give her some space, losing a mother is never easy. Just remember to always be her friend when she is in need." His mother spoke as she walked away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been 3 months since Zuko had seen Lillian. Her father was at the Royal palace everyday but she never came with. Zuko felt so alone... He's mother had disappeared 4 weeks ago and he needed her, just to be in her presence. Zuko sat at the pond in deep thought when suddenly someone sat next to him. He didn't bother to look, it was probably Uncle Iroh or Azula. There was a long moment of silence. " I know that I haven't been a good friend to you..." Zuko turned slowly at the sound of Lillian's voice. She sat there on her knees beside him. she was here, and that's all he needed. " I should have been here the day the news of your mother spread through the city, but I was caught up in my own loss. I am truly sorry Zuko.." Lillian whispered. Zuko turned and grabbed her, he held her and held tight. " Zuko, uhm I uh..." Lillian stuttered. " You being here is all that I need right now, I need a friend and so do you." Zuko said into her shoulder. Lillian took a deep breath, " You have no idea what that means to me. Zuko, can I ask you to promise me something?" Lillian had a slight blush to her face. Zuko seemed confused and nodded " Anything?" Lillian looked at her hands that lay in her lap, " Promise me, that if ever your going to travel anywhere in the world, that you will take me with you. You'll come and fetch me no matter how far I am?" Lillian choked. Zuko felt hurt, she was saying goodbye... Why now? Zuko looked at their reflection in the pond. He nodded, " I promise Lilly." Zuko looked back at her, she was sad. " I'm moving away, My father thinks that it would be best for me to stay with my Grandfather at his Aquarium close to Ember Island. Maybe, you could come visit? And I promise, I will write you letters as often as possible." Lillian stuttered, Zuko held her hand and looked at her. " This isn't goodbye, it's just see you later." Lillian felt a pain in her chest. As she and Zuko stood up, she gave him a tight hug, but before pulling away she placed a soft, quick kiss on his cheek. They both blushed as the walked towards the cart that was to take her to the harbour.

As Lillian sat in the back of the cart, she watched through the window as Zuko became smaller, and smaller until she couldn't see him anymore. She started to sing her lullaby...

Zuko watched the cart disappear before he returned into the palace. " See you later Lilly" he whispered under his breath.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey hey,

don't forget to comment and to vote. thanks to all