Lillian Alone

Lillian walked around her now empty room packing the remainder of her things. She still couldn't believe that Zuko had actually kicked her off the ship because of Crest. Lillian's heart was in pieces but she refused to show it. Lillian began packing a few of her old books and scrolls and came across of an old painting of her and Zuko when they were kids. Lillian stared at the painting for a moment before placing it on her bed along with her half of the necklace that she shared with Zuko. There was a small knock on her door but Lillian already knew who it was, "May I come in?" Iroh's gentle voice spoke. Lillian closed her eyes and felt a small smile fall on her face, "Yes Uncle.." Lillian said. This old man had made her see him as a father figure other than Grandpa Ping. They are both just as wise and just as old and she loves them both just as much. Once Iroh closed the door he stood and gazed at the young girl before him. She was swimming in an ocean of emotions. Iroh knew that he couldn't change his nephews mind as his decision was made with great hurt and anger. But he knew this would be best, Lillian was being held back from her destiny but she was also being taken away from a part of her destiny. Iroh noticed the two objects on her bed and placed his hand on her shoulder, "My Dear... It's time" Iroh said sadly. Lillian looked over her shoulder and met the old man's faded golden eyes, "Uncle... Do you think that I should have told him..." Lillian whispered as she felt her eyes burn. Iroh knew that Zuko was not in the right mind set to accept Lillian for who she was, "No... Zuko's mind is at war too much. Hopefully one day will be the right day. For now you need to seek out your destiny as Zuko follows his." Iroh finished. Lillian turned to face the old General, "Zuko's destiny..." Lillian whispered under her breath, "It is in your moments of decisions that your destiny is shaped." Iroh said once more before he opened the door and waited for Lillian to follow.

Lillian walked out onto the main deck of the ship to find Kasai saddled and ready for their journey back home. A few of the crew men came together to say their farewells and the others were out getting supplies. Lillian bowed to the crew men and then embraced Iroh, "Thank you for all you have done Uncle. I hope that we will see each other again soon." Lillian spoke into his ear. Iroh felt a tear slip from his eye as he held the small yet powerful girl, "Farewell my dear. May the spirits be with you." Lillian stepped back from Iroh and climbed onto Kasai, "One more thing! This is for you." Iroh held out his hand with a lotus tile. Lillian raised her brow, "Please don't give Zuko the same trouble again." Lillian smiled at Iroh who now had a slight grin, "No promises." Iroh snickered. Kasai began to walk off the ship when Lillian stared up at the tower to see Zuko's figure walking back into the control tower. "Good-bye Prince Zuko..." Lillian whispered before she and Kasai ran off the ship along the beach side.

---------------------------------------------------

Lillian and Kasai have been traveling for a week before they came across an odd village

Lillian and Kasai have been traveling for a week before they came across an odd village. Lillian decided that it would be best to lose her fire-nation clothes and to wear simple earth kingdom clothes to avoid attention. Lillian had decided that she would track the Avatar down and see how far he is from Zuko. Lillian dismounted Kasai and walked him into the village in search for something to eat and drink, "Oh wow!" A little girl with odd pig tails gasped as she walked by staring at Lillian. The young girl seemed to take great interest in Lillian but Lillian chose to shake her off as she kept walking. Lillian finally came to a store where she could order something to eat. Lillian sat near the fountain as she waited for her food to be prepared. Kasai was busy drinking water from the fountain when the little girl walked up to Lillian, "Hi! My names Meng!" the little girl said as she watched Lillian. Kasai lifted his head from the water and began sniffing the little girl, "h-hey! hee hee." Meng giggled. Lillian smiled, "Hi Meng, my name is Lilly." Lillian replied with a small smile. Meng rubbed Kasai's head, "I haven't seen you around before. Are you a traveler?" Meng asked as she placed her hands together hopefully. Lillian raised her brow at the young girl, "You could say that. I'm actually looking for a place to stay for the night. Do you know of an inn nearby?" Lillian asked as she stood up and collect her food. She had ordered a large fish for Kasai and some rice balls for herself. Meng tapped her finger against her chin, "Not really sure, but if you follow me I can take you to Aunt Wu, I'm sure she'll know of someone." Meng said excitedly. Lillian smiled at Meng, "I'd love that. Thank you Meng."