Nenrei

It was the dawn of a new day, Shin and Shane had returned to Zuko's camp, only to find it dead quiet? "Maybe he already left and Lil is still asleep?" Shin asked. Shane shrugged his shoulders and decided to go inside the tent and check, when he moved the sheet to the side he stood with his mouth hanging wide open. "What?" Shin asked as he stood next to his brother, Shane gripped Shin's chin and turned his head to the sight before their eyes. There in the corner of the tent laid Lillian and Zuko still fast asleep, but... Zuko had both his arms around Lillian and she faced him all curled up in his embrace. The boys stared at each other and then back at them. Shane cleared his throat and watched as Lillian shuffled slightly, "GOOD Morning Love Birds!!!!" Shin yelled. Zuko's eyes shot open, he then noticed how close Lillian was and gasped, Lillian woke up rubbing her eyes, "what's the big id-- ahhhhhhhhhh!!!" then the sound of a slap echoed through the woods. Zuko held his hand to his cheek, "Take her for dinner first Prince man!" Shin said as he and Shane broke out into a fit of laughs. " What Was That For?!?!?!?" Zuko yelled as his cheeks grew red, "You were cuddling me!?!?!?" Lillian growled. Zuko blushed and looked away, " You curled up against me in the middle of the night..." Zuko muttered under his breath. " I t-thought you were Kasai! He keeps me warm!" Lillian said as she stormed out the tent. Shin and Shane grinned at Zuko as they sang a song to Zuko, " You LIIIIKE her! You LOVE her! You wanna KISS her!" Zuko flung a fire ball at them, "Do Not!!!" he yelled as his blush turned a deep red. The twins kept laughing as they made their way out to the river side.

Zuko got his rhino ready and packed some of his things he would need, Lillian packed him enough food for his journey but couldn't stop blushing from that mornings episode. Shin and Shane wiggled their eyebrows at Zuko when Lillian handed him his food, Zuko raised a brow as his blush returned. He turned back to his rhino and mounted it quickly, " See you in 2 weeks. Be safe and send a flare if you need help." Lillian said as she stood next to him. Zuko nodded before flicking the reins.

Once Zuko was gone, Lillian decided that it was now or never..."So...uhm...What h-have you two been up to?" She asked as she sat under a tree. The boys were nervous, they stood one side away from Lillian. Shane placed his arm behind his head, "Oh... you know, flying everywhere, kicking ass..." Lillian sighed, "Getting tattoo's, growing out your hair?'" Shin and Shane grinned, "You know it!" she finally smiled at them. "I guess we owe you an explanation?"Shin said as he sat next to Lillian, she nodded her head, "It's the least we can do..." Shane added. Lillian poured them some tea before settling down in front of them, "I'd appreciate the truth..."Lillian said.

"Do you remember that day we left? Father had us repeat all our forms in the courtyard?"Shane asked Lillian, she nodded her head and watched as Shin bought his knees up to his chest. "That's where it all started, he had us running the same drills over and over. Once we were done, he asked us to perform lightning, a technique that is very rare. Only a certain amount of firebenders can achieve this." Shin lifted his head, "He was so proud that both of us could perform this technique that he decided we'd leave the next morning with him to join the army..." Lillian's eyes widened in shock, "Our father, wanted both his 13 year old son's to join the army, we didn't have a choice but to leave..." Shane watched his sister, her gaze fell on the river, she felt guilty, "Why didn't you take me with?"Shin stood up and sat right next to his sister, he placed his arm around her shoulder, before he even held her she fell in his arms and cried. Shane joined the embrace and together they sang their song as their crystal tears fell.

As the travelers walked through the woods they spoke about the amazing voices they heard singing a heartbreaking Lullaby. Zuko listened to the stories that were spread through the town of Nenrei by the travelers, these fools were crazy to think they heard singing! Then he heard the villagers speak of the 'Tenshi'? He had no idea what that meant but yet it sounded so familiar. "Who is this Tenshi?"Zuko asked a shop keeper in town. The man looked at Zuko with an odd expression, "My Prince? A Tenshi is a protector of all that is good and right with the world. Legend tells of how One Tenshi would be chosen with each new Avatar to protect them from all evil. If an Avatar dies then the Tenshi shows great dishonor for failing at their mission and are kicked out of their pride. But... If a Tenshi dies protecting the Avatar then a new one is assigned to them. They were told to be so beautiful with a voice that could ease any man's pain, they had amazing healing abilities much stronger than the water benders. They had unbelievable strength that could only be recognized when their great wings were visible for all to see."Zuko raised his brow, 'Yup...this town is crazy...' he thought to himself. "But where are they now?"Zuko asked with sarcasm, "They disappeared with Avatar Roku, this town used to be protected by a whole pride, but we now have to fight the rebel's of the earth kingdom and fire nation who attack our wives and children and slaughter our live stock alone."The mans eyes fell with sadness. Zuko felt a slight tug at his heart as he saw children running around reminding him of Kibo, "Let them come, I will make sure that they never return!" Zuko said as he walked to some shoulders to plan their revenge.