Rise again

"I Was out for 2 weeks!?!?!?!" Lillian screeched as she towered over Ling who simply raised her hands up in defense, "Technically it was almost 3 and you..." Ling hesitated as she watched a small fire escape Lillian's mouth, "I what?" Lillian growled crossing her arms, "I'm no miracle worker my love. Your healing sessions took long, and not only from me but Crest and The queen herself." Ling stated. Lillian slapped her head, "If it's been three weeks, then that means the invasion is..." Lillian began mumbling to herself as she paced the infirmary. Ling's brow twitched, "You JUST woke up and now your ready to go get killed again??? Remind me again where you want to be buried?" Ling teased, "I'm so glad you find this amusing!" Ling burst out laughing at Lillian's glare, "Oh sweety, I don't fear you, I have friends in high places!" Ling said with a wink causing Lillian to smirk.

The two girls giggled as Scarlet walked in, "I'm glad that your doing better." Scarlet said with a soft smile. Ling and Lillian bowed simultaneously, "All thanks to Ling and her fantastic healing abilities." Lillian winked at Ling, "Yes, Miss Ling has proven herself once again in the infirmary and even more on the battle ground. If you don't mind... I'd wish to speak to my granddaughter." Scarlet said raising her hand and gesturing to the door. Ling nodded and returned to her desk. Lillian followed her grandmother towards the Willow forest, "You have a lot on your mind my dear." Scarlet spoke as they walked over the shimmering streams that flowed around the thick trunks of the willow trees.  Lillian stayed silent as they approached the end of the forest where all the streams flowed off the edge. 

The willow forest was Lillian's special place at the temple. When ever she needed to think or clear her mind or even needed time to herself she would escape the end of the forest. Scarlet had placed a beautiful black wood swing on the last willow for Lillian. There she could swing over the edge and be free with her thoughts and dreams.

Scarlet remained silent as Lillian stared at her reflection in the stream

Scarlet remained silent as Lillian stared at her reflection in the stream. As the water flowed her reflection seemed to changed but she knew she was still there, "You know, You really should get out of here. You're talking me to deaf." Scarlet smirked with her head tilted back allowing small streaks of silver hair to slip from her braid. Lillian's mouth turned into a slight smile, "is it just me? or are you trying to get rid of me?" Lillian turned to face Scarlet who raised her head and met Lillian's tear filled crimson eyes, "When will it stop Grandmother? all this pain and anger...." Scarlet smiled gently at Lillian, "my dear.. let's face the truth. Your hooked!" Lillian's face turned white, "WHAT TYPE OF GRANDMOTHER SAYS THAT TO THEIR OWN GRANDCHILD!?!?" Lillian burst causing Scarlet to raise her brow, "watch your tone Young lady" Scarlet said bitterly. Lillian fell on her back, "Your unbelievable..." Lillian muttered.

Scarlet towered over Lillian, "I care for you my dear, but your place is not with me right now... You're friends need you, and the Prince will need you one day too." Lillian's eyes widened, 'Zuko' Scarlet extended her hand, "And now?" Lillian took hold of Scarlet's hand, "He betrayed me. He's the reason that I got cursed by the dark crystal." Lillian turned away embracing herself, "No.. He's the reason you broke free..." Lillian spun around at her grandmother's statement, "Because he felt guilty!" Lillian crossed her arms, "He thinks that I will just forgive him after everything he has put me through!?! And what about Uncle Iroh? He-"

"Iroh is a wise man. Also a brilliant Pai sho player!" Scarlet grinned. Lillian felt her head twitch...

"My dear... I understand your anger. But remember... We Tenshi are odd things. We rely on our emotions to guide us." Scarlet smiled proudly, "Or to mislead us" Lillian mumbled. 

*SLAP*

Lillian crouched over holding the back of her head, "Don't mumble when you talk!" Scarlet said clenching her fist, "Look at the once dark crystal around your neck." Lillian rolled her eyes and took hold of the two crystals around her neck. Her usual everyday blue Hikari crystal and then she noticed a transparent crystal with gold veins, "Dark crystals are funny rocks you know.. They usually shatter once the curse is destroyed or..." Scarlet took hold of the crystal and held it for Lillian to see, "Become so pure from the love that other's have for us." Scarlet stepped back and smiled, "Once a dark crystal becomes pure, it has incredible abilities." Lillian twirled the crystal between her fingers, "Why are the veins gold?" but Scarlet wasn't finished, "The crystals usually resemble something of the other person that turned it pure such as hair color, weird birth mark... Those type of things." 

Lillian stared at the golden veins when suddenly Zuko's eyes flashed through her mind. 

"I need to leave and find my friends." Lillian smiled as a small tear escaped, "Their close to the main land, an Inn with a crazy old lady." Scarlet smirked. Lillian turned to the setting sun, "It's a full moon tonight isn't it?" Lillian said sadly, "Don't worry gorgeous, you'll have your dance some night" Ling said as she stood behind Lillian holding a small duffel bag, "Ling..." Lillian sighed, "You need to go. Find the Avatar and help him restore balance to the world, and have fun kicking ass!" Ling cheered.

Scarlet took the bag from Ling and ushered Lillian towards the edge of the mountain, "Time to leave dear." Scarlet said rushed. Ling's mouth fell opened at the forwardness of the Queen, "I'm going old woman! Jeez!" Lillian groaned. Scarlet smiled at Lillian, "See you soon my dear. " Ling stepped forward to greet Lillian but she was stopped by Lillian rushing towards her, "See you soon." Lillian whispered into Ling's shoulder. Ling pushed Lillian back, "There's no good bye's here." Lillian nodded before stepping back. Scarlet and Ling both watched as the small white flames escaped from Lillian's feet and her great white wings slipped out, "Why does she always have to be so dramatic." Ling teased causing Scarlet to smile, "she truly is beautiful." Scarlet smile. Lillian took one last look before diving off the face of the mountain and soared into the night sky.

Shin, Shane and Crest came into the forest to Find Scarlet, "Nan, the Catowls are at it again." Shin said. Shane looked around confused, "hey... where's Lillian?" Crest raised his brow as the Queen formed a large grin, "I Kicked her out."

"YOU WHAT!!!!!!!!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

I know, It's a short chapter, but I have almost lost my will to write,

updates will be slow, but I will keep trying.

Hope you enjoyed the short chapter.