Shattered Glass

Shin and Shane raised their heads up and gazed into the crimson eyes of their baby sister. They never thought that they would ever run in to anyone they knew on this side of the world, and there she was. Lillian stood with her fists in tight balls and her eyes watching them as if they were going to disappear at any moment. The boy that was with Lillian stood close at her side, he positioned half of his body in front of Lillian, ready to protect her if they planned to attack.

Zuko watched Lillian out of the corner of his eye, her eyes were filled with so much anger and there were flames forming at her fists. Her brother's who just disappeared and left her 8 years ago, now stood in front of them. Zuko decided to break the silence but before he could say anything Lillian shoved past him and started to walk towards the two men. Lillian's flames grew and that's when Zuko intervened, he grabbed her around her waist trying to hold her back as she was blasting fire balls in all directions that they were running. Kicking and screaming like a child who wasn't allowed her fire flakes.

Shin and Shane hid behind a giant boulder, when the fire balls weren't coming at them anymore they peeked over to see Lillian being held in the boys arms, "Let me go Zuko! Just one hit on each! I Promise!"Lillian screamed with an evil grin on her face, "No! Calm down right now or I will throw you in the river to cool off!!"Zuko argued back. As the two continued to fight each other Shin and Shane recognized his name..."oooh man... We attacked the prince of the fire nation!"Whispered Shin, "I think we should let Lillian attack us instead!"Shane said in a panic. There was a splash, both boys poked their heads over and noticed that the Prince stood in front of the river with his hands on his hips. The boys came out and stared at the river, "um.. where is she?"Shin and Shane said in union as they stared at the river, Zuko turned and faced them "She is none of your concern right now." Shin and Shane gulped, Zuko crossed his arms over his chest, "Why did you attack my camp site?" Shin and Shane gave each other a look before they fell to the floor bowing non stop, "We were just so hungry Mr Prince Zuko...Sir!"Shin cried out, "The smell of your pigcow steak was traveling all the way to our site!"Shane added. Zuko tried not to be the one to burn them, he took a deep breath "You are more than welcome to share it,"Shin and Shane stood up and thanked Zuko but before they could have a bite, two wet hands grabbed them each on an ear, "SHE'S BAAACK!!!" yelled the twins. Zuko lifted his head and smirked, "Have a nice swim Lillian?" Lillian stared at Zuko, a shadow fell over her face allowing her crimson eyes to stand out, "Your next Zuzu..." She growled, Zuko's eyes widened in fear. She dragged the twins to the river and then flung them into the clay, "You are not Welcome at this camp site!" She yelled, Zuko stood up and approached Lillian as she turned to face him, he noticed the twins in the mud on their hands and knees, "They're your brother's Lillian..."Zuko said as he held her arm. Lillian's eyes met Zuko's, "Brother's don't leave their sister behind..."Lillian pulled her arm out of Zuko's grasp as she continued to the tent, she went inside and stayed there. Zuko felt bad for them, he knew that Lillian always missed her family and here they were. "Get clean and then come eat."Zuko said as he walked to the tent to try and reason with Lillian.

Shin and Shane sat at the fire eating the food that Zuko had given them, Shane stared at the tent as Shin watched him, "You know, she has the right to be angry with us."Shin said, Shane nodded his head as he took a sip of tea. Zuko stepped out of the tent, alone. He sat at the other side of the fire pouring two cups of tea. "She hates us..."Shane said, Zuko raised a brow, "She's just alone... You have no idea what she's been through since you two left."Shin's face filled with anger, "She has no idea how hard it truly was for us to leave her behind!" Shane nodded, Zuko wished that his uncle was here, he'd know what to do. At that moment, Lillian stepped out of the tent, she glared at Zuko and then at her brother's, she made her way to Zuko and sat next to him, he gave her a questioning look and then she nodded that she was okay. Lillian took her tea from Zuko, not even looking at the twins. She was too angry. For a few moments there was just silence, you could hear the flow of the river and the crackle of the fire, that was interrupted when Shane spoke, "So...if you don't mind me asking Prince Zuko, but how did our sister end up here with you?"Shane asked, before Zuko could say anything Shin stood up "Isn't it obvious Shane! Lil and Prince Zuko, out in the woods ALONE, sharing a tent TOGETHER!? I'd say they are a couple, lucky bastard!"Shin said as he winked at his brother. Zuko and Lillian cheeks tainted pink at Shin's comment, Shane raised his brow and then waited for an answer, Zuko nudged Lillian and motion for her to speak, She stared at him worried but he nodded at her.

Lillian explained how she and Zuko had became close friends, how her mother passed away, when she moved in with grand pa Ping and why she was with Zuko. The boys did not take the news of their mother well, but Lillian carried on, "I haven't spoken to father in over 8 years..." The boys gave each other a worried look, they couldn't believe what had happen since they left. "Now it's your turn, Why did you leave?"Lillian had asked, she was still furious but Zuko watched her carefully making sure she didn't try to attack them again. "It's a long story..."Shin sighed. Zuko stood up and motioned for Lillian to follow him, she raised her brow but did so anyway. Once Zuko and Lillian were a good distance away, "Maybe I should go to Nenrei alone.." Zuko said, Lillian couldn't understand why he would say that, "I'm going with you, we need to find a lead for the Avatar."Lillian said as she stood next to Zuko, "I think you need to talk to your brother's first, once your ready, you can join me." Lillian watched Zuko walk back, "I refuse!" Zuko looked at her before she stomped her foot, "I'll see you in 2 weeks Lilly, I promise..."Zuko walked back to the camp site and spoke to Shin and Shane, they nodded their heads and bowed to Zuko. Once they had finished their meal they returned to their own camp site Leaving Lillian and Zuko alone.

Zuko laid on his back staring at the top of the tent, he looked at Lillian's shadow behind the dress sheet and watched as her clothes were thrown over. He wondered about how her brother's were so keen to try and fix things, but she was so distant. Lillian walked out in her warriors wrap and shorts, she laid down on her mat that was right next to Zuko's. "What's on your mind?"She asked, Zuko closed his eyes, "Everything..." Lillian sighed, "That's a lot of things..."

"Why don't you want to fix things with your brother's? I mean, I thought that you'd be happy?"

"I am... but..."

"But what?"

"Zuko... they hurt me, they turned their back on me and left."

"But they are willing to fix things?"

"Trust and Love is like a glass ball... lovely to have, beautiful to see, but...If you drop that glass ball, it will shatter into a million pieces..."

"But you can put it back together can't you?"

"Yes... It may take you a long time to put if back together, but once you have all the pieces you will have your glass ball back, but all the chips and cracks will always be visible for everyone to see..."

Lillian turned on her side with her back faced to Zuko, she was going to try no matter what. Zuko stared at the back of Lillian's head and watched as her blonde strands fell around her back. Zuko's eyes wondered to her scars, he admired them, her scars were beautiful and were a sign of courage, his was a sign of weakness... Zuko placed his hand on his own scar before turning on his side facing Lillian and falling asleep...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dun dun daaaa

don't forget to vote and comment!

Thanks!