Book 2

After a long three weeks of drifting on a small raft that held a grumpy fire nation Prince, a delusional tea drinker, one really annoying lionshark and a super pissed off Tenshi... Lillian had tried to keep their little family together but there was no point. Iroh was dehydrated and tired. Zuko was annoyed and attempted to swim to shore at a point. Kasai took a nip at Iroh's leg thinking it was a food source and Lillian was over whelmed with a darkness she couldn't control. Lillian had murdered Lex believing that he killed Zuko, but it was in vain. Zuko was alive and Iroh knew but chose not to tell her. Lillian kept her emotions to herself, even Zuko got the cold shoulder even though it wasn't his fault. In the cool breeze of the evenings while everyone slept at their end of the raft, Lillian would sit with tears in her eyes staring up at the moon, 'A life for a life..' Is what ran through Lillian's mind once Lex's body fell on the icy spikes below, but she murdered someone in pure rage... Lillian was in a dark state since the explosion of Zuko's ship. Uncle had told her that her eyes were not the bright crimson that they were all familiar with but a dull redish brown. Sometimes when Lillian got excited or laughed, Uncle saw sparks in her eyes as if they were trying to regain their true life. Lillian's dreams were haunted by Lex's torturing screams and voice begging for mercy, but every dream ended the same way as on the snowy cliff. No matter how hard Lillian tried to change her nightmare... It always ended with Lillian shooting lightning through Lex's falling form and his body being pierced by the sharp ice below, she could never wake up before the horrific end, she was forced to watch it over and over again....

Zuko laid against Kasai's tail as everyone slept. Zuko watched as his uncles form rested peacefully at the end of the raft. Uncle Iroh usually kept Lillian and Zuko awake with his loud snoring but they'd eventually get some sleep. Lillian laid at the edge of the raft with her back towards them. Zuko took a small blanket off of Kasai's saddle and placed it lightly over Lillian's sleeping figure. Zuko knelt down beside Lillian and lightly brushed her arm with his finger's. Uncle was worried about her for some reason and Zuko was unsure what to do to comfort her. She never made eye contact for longer than a few seconds and wouldn't even let him hold her hand. After their kiss in the North Pole she had become really distant. Lillian started to mumble in her sleep, "Lex...." Lillian whispered. Zuko placed his hand on Lillian's shoulder, "Murderer..."Lillian said again before her heart rate picked up and Lillian began breathing unevenly, "No... Zuko's dead..."Lillian whispered harshly. Zuko shook Lillian softly, "Lilly, wake up... Lilly..."Zuko whispered by her ear. Lillian's eyes flew open revealing a small glow of crimson before fading back to the dull red. Lillian sat up and held her head, "Nightmare?"Zuko asked as he moved closer. Lillian nodded her head, "Wanna talk about it?"Zuko asked slowly. Lillian shook her head and tried to move away from Zuko. Seeing him reminded her of Lex's death that just wouldn't stop haunting her. Zuko held Lillian's arms and pulled her towards him, "Don't push me away Lilly..."Zuko said softly, "I'm not... If I did... You'd be swimming..."Lillian said with a small smirk. Zuko was un-amused by her comment, "ha- ha"Zuko said sarcastically. Lillian sat closely beside Zuko resting her head on his shoulder. Zuko wrapped his arm around Lillian's waist and pulled her closer to him, "Talk to me Lilly...What happened?" Zuko said softly in her ear as they drifted along a small current. Lillian took a shaky breath, "I'm a horrible person... I - I" Lillian began but stuttered, "Why would you say that?" Zuko whispered while rubbing her back, "Because... I... Lex..." Lillian choked. Zuko took a deep breath, "I killed h-him!" Lillian cried and placed her face in her hands, "I believed that y-you were dead... so I-I murdered him for taking you away f-from me.... but your here...which means...." Lillian shook violently as she cried. Zuko's eyes were wide with shock, "Lilly Yo-" Lillian interrupted Zuko, "I'm a murderer Zuko! I killed him!" Lillian said. Zuko pulled Lillian into his chest, "Lilly... I'm sorry that I never told you... But Lex was a horrible person... he burned his soldiers and tortured the woman that he had taken from the earth kingdom colonies." Zuko said softly. Lillian lifted her head and stared into Zuko's golden eyes, "That doesn't rectify what I did!" Lillian said, "I know Lilly... I know..." Zuko whispered.