Grandpa Ping

A/N

This next chapter will basically be about Lillian. I will bounce to Zuko's POV soon. Just hang in there readers!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lillian stood in front of the great wooden doors of the Aquarium. She hasn't been here since she was 4 year's old. Her parents used to bring her and her brother's here almost once a month. That's until dad and Grandpa had a huge fight about us "kids".

Lillian pushed open the gate and walked through. As she walked in she was surrounded by all different animals that her grandpa kept. Walking slowly with her bag over her shoulder she noticed someone working in the Lionshark tank. On Lillian's last visit, she and her brother's found a Lionshark cub abandoned on the beach. Lillian couldn't bare to leave him alone so she bought him home to her grandpa and named him Kasai. Lionsharks are one of the best hunting animals on land and sea. They can stay under water for days at a time but prefer to be on land. They have amazing tracking skills and are believed to be very loyal, they are said to bond with a certain spirit of a human and stay with them and protect them with their life forever. Kasai was probably gone by now. Lillian loved Kasai very much but had to leave him behind when she went back to the fire nation.

Lost in her thoughts as she walk, Lillian bumped into somebody. "Why, if it isn't the young Fire Lilly, my, my how have you grown!" said an old voice. It was Kan the old grounds keeper. Lillian smiled at him "Hello Uncle Kan, is Grandpa Ping around?"  Kan leaned down on his broom and looked towards a large pool that had an island in the middle. "Isn't there somebody else you'd like to see too maybe?" Kan questioned in a low tone. Lillian looked up at him confused and then towards the pool. "Not at this very moment. I want to settle my things down and speak with Grandpa Ping." Kan walked behind her and began sweeping. "Well, maybe just stop at that pool on your way to the main house!" Kan yelled. Lillian looked at the pool and started making her way towards it. As she stared into the water, looking at her own reflection she saw movement. Ripples formed on the water's surface. And then.... Nothing. Lillian took a deep breath and started walking to the main house.

Lillian entered the home and made her way to her old room. She noticed that most of her other luggage was there all ready. There was silence, only Lillian's breathing filled the room. She closed her eyes.

*Flash Back*

"Grandpa!!! Why aren't you fighting in the war anymore? Did we win?" asked a young Lillian. At the age of 4 she was filled with many questions and would not settle for any answer. "I have retired!! Damn child, why do nag? It's not lady like you know?" Said an irritated Old Ping. A smile grew on his face "Ugh!!! Who am I kidding, your no young Lady! Your my Wild Fire Lilly, nobody will ever settle you down, Now will they?" Lillian laughed at her grandpa. "No! I will become the first ever female General! General Lillian! Mwuhahaha the world will fear my mighty power!!!" Lillian said with an evil grin. Grandpa Ping gave his gran daughter a concerned look. His face relaxed "I will train you my evil minion!" Said grandpa Ping

*End Flash Back*

"Hello my dear, I trust your journey was Pleasant?" said the most calming voice ever. Lillian turned to see her grandpa standing in the door way. She turned and bowed. "Thank you for allowing me to stay here Grandpa Ping" Lillian said in a serious tone. "Are you joking? Having at least one of my grand kids visit me is better than flipping fish all day!" Ping laughed as he led his grand daughter outside to the pool that Kan was staring at earlier. "I have a present for you." Said Ping. Lillian looked up at him confused. "Look at the pool Lilly." Lillian knelt down and tried to focus when suddenly there was a large splash and something was on top of her. Lillian kept feeling a wet tongue against her cheek and a loud purr. As she looked up she saw a young Lionshark cub. "Kasai?" Lillian questioned. The lionshark roared at her. Lillian couldn't believe her eyes. He was here!! She had a friend at her side. Kasai had survived! Lillian ran up to her pet and embraced the young cub. "Hey boy" Lillian whispered into his fur. "So, now that you and Kasai are reunited. I believe that we should take this time that you are spending with me for training, are you ready to be trained by old General Ping?" Lillian's grandpa asked. She looked up at him and nodded.

*Later that Night*

Lillian sat on the grass with Kasai laying on her lap. She was gazing at the stars and was wondering if Zuko was missing her just as much as she missed him. It's only been 2 days since she left, but it felt like a year. Lillian took a deep breath " Tomorrow I start my training.. So I can't have any distractions. I will become the best firebender ever, and the first ever female General!" she said to herself.

Lillian walked back up to the main house with Kasai right behind her. As she made her way into her room she found a messenger hawk on her dressing table. Lillian took the message from the bird and gave it a treat. As she opened the letter she noticed the royal seal and already had a smile on her face.

Dear Lilly

I hope this letter finds you well. I miss you already. Uncle Iroh and I have made a deal, If I can pass my next firebending exam he will bring me through to visit you. My exam is in 1 years time, so please don't be upset if I don't write often. Until then.

Your Friend

Prince Zuko

Lillain smiled as she finished reading the letter, 1 year may seem like a very long time. But to her it was a goal. This time next year she will see Zuko. Lillian sat down and started to write a reply to Zuko.

Dear Prince Zuko

I can't wait! Make sure you train extra hard and so will I then maybe we can spar a bit. 1 year will go by before we know it.

Keep well!

From, Lilly

Lillian stood up and attached her letter to the hawk. She gave the poor creature some water and food before sending it off.

The moment Lillian's head landed on her pillow and she fell into a peaceful sleep. She had a wonderful dream of her family and that they were all happy again. But like all good things, it must come to an end....

"WAKE UP FIRE LILLY!!!! FIRST DAY OF PING PAIN TRAINING!!!!" Yelled Grandpa Ping from the kitchen. "ugh!!!! Crazy Old Man!!!" Lillian grumbled as she fell out of bed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* at the Royal Palace*

As Prince Zuko entered his room he noticed that someone had gone through his things. As he looked around he saw his sister, Princess Azula standing in the corner with a smirk on her face, "You got a Love letter Zuzu, want me to read it for you? I'm sure you'll need my help since you can't do anything yourself!" Zuko growled as he tried to grab the letter away from Azula, "give it back Azula!!"Zuko yelled. Finally Azula dropped the letter and skipped out of his bedroom, "thanks for the game Zuzu, it was fun!"She giggled.  As Zuko picked up the letter he was happy to see that it had come from Lilly. Zuko smiled as he unrolled the letter and began reading. 

"Just one year Lilly, See you soon...."Zuko spoke

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone please vote and comment.

Thanks a lot!!!