The Necklace

"So, if we continue West for about 20 km, we should reach the Oil Plant by late this afternoon." Captain Jee said, Lillian held her chin as she nodded, "As the lizard-crow flies Captain?" Lillian asked as she studied the map. "Yes General Lillian, that is without any delays of course." Lillian stared at the map for a while longer, " Will we be traveling through Shark peak or Razor valley?" Lillian asked with a small grin on her face, Captain Jee had a deadpan expression on his face, " Excuse me?" Lillian laughed at his expression, "Relax captain, I'm only kidding." The door to the control room opened, revealing a rather impressed Prince, Lillian smirked, Zuko? in a good mood? That never happens, " Good Morning Prince Zuko, General Lillian and I were just planning our course." Jee said quiet nervously, Zuko nodded and smiled at the captain, wait... smile???? "Very good captain. Set our course then!" Zuko hummed. Lillian raised her brow, "Someone's in a very good mood?" Zuko folded his arms behind his back, "That new recruit, the guy with the odd colored eyes..." Lillian's body stiffened, "What about him?" Lillian asked annoyed, Zuko noticed her tone of voice change, "He has really pulled his weight. Our engines are in great order, I think he should be promoted." Zuko said as he faced Lillian. Lillian kept her head down and stared at the map, "mmm hmmm" was the only response he received from her. Lillian's concentration was broken when Zuko placed his hand on her shoulder, Lillian shivered at his touch, "Lilly... is everything alright? Why do I get the feeling you don't like this guy?" Zuko asked in a worried tone. Lillian's heartache, it was bad enough that she had to hide the fact that she was a Tenshi or in matter of fact, The princess of the Tenshi. Lillian looked up at Zuko, there was genuine worry in his eyes for her. Lillian took a deep breath, "Zuko, there is something I need to tell you abou-" Suddenly one of the guards came rushing in, "Prince Zuko! General Lillian! there is a scuffle on the main deck!" Lillian and Zuko gave each other a look before they rushed out to the look out point to see a circle of guards, "FIGHT! FIGHT!" Was all you heard and two men circling each other in the center, both men had their fists raised up to their chests, "Hmp, finally some entertainment on this ship." Lillian said as she jumped over the railing and landed behind the men. Suddenly one of the men were thrown out of the ring, " Whose next?" boomed Crest's voice, Lillian's smile faded. Crest's eyes fell on Lillian's figure as she approached the crew, "General Lillian, how about a match?" Crest said in a cocky tone. Lillian pinched the bridge of her nose, " when I defeat you, will you go back to work?" Lillian, asked in a bored tone. The crew began to whisper among them as Prince Zuko approached, when he stood beside Lillian. Crest nodded his head and took his stance while Lillian removed her armor amd handed it to Zuko, " General, what's going on?" Zuko asked in a serious tone, " Just teaching a lesson to our new recruit Prince Zuko." Lillian took her stance in front of Crest, Zuko stood beside her with an annoyed face,  "Lilly... Make this quick, I'd like to investigate the oil plant soon." Zuko growled as he walked away. Lillian smirked, "Very well Prince Zuko". Everyone on the deck were placing their bets and shoving each other so that they could be in the front.

 Suddenly Lillian attacked, starting off with a series of kicks while keeping her fists loosely at her side, Crest blocked each attack smoothly, throwing a punch in here and there. Zuko watched Lillian's movements closely, it was almost ad if she was dancing and then suddenly, She kicked crest in the side which caused him to fall, she then released to firm kicks to his face. Crest regained his stance as Lillian came toward him with another series of kicks, "You. Have. Gotten. Stronger." Crest said in between breaths as he blocked her kicks, " But you still have one weakness..." Crest suddenly punched Lillian hard on her shin causing her to fall over, "Your legs.." He said confidently, Lillian growled and rolled away so that she could regain her stance, but she underestimated Crest, he came in full swing, first throwing a hard punch at her chest, Zuko thought he heard something crack, he stepped forward to put an end to the fight when his uncle stood in front of him, "This battle must finish between the two of them nephew, You will show great dishonor against lady Lillian if you were to stop this fight." Iroh said, Zuko shoulders tensed as Crest kept punching Lillian in her chest, stomach and abdominal area. Lillian got in a few kicks as Crest punched her, but she wasn't fast enough. Still, she fought better than Zuko had thought she could, Lillian sent Crest rolling on the floor with a roundhouse kick, he shook his head before stumbling back up, his face covered in blood and bruises. Crest swayed as he took his stance again and then charged after Lillian, "Alright... Bring it!" Lillian said as Crest came at her, but before he could touch her, Lillian released a series of kicks again at lightning speed, Crest couldn't block any of them and just kept taking the hits. Finally, she finished him off with a hard roundhouse kick that sent him flying across the deck, he didn't move and just laid there. Lillian skipped over to him and took a small bow before skipping to Zuko and pulling her armor over her head, "Alright Men! Back to work!" Lillian ordered. All the men scurried back to their posts and two guards helped Crest back to his bunk, "That was fun!" Lillian said through a huge grin. Zuko raised his brow, he then noticed her bust lip and brow, "Let's go clean that up..." he groaned as he pulled Lillian by her hand and walked to his quarters. 

(watch video below and picture it being Lillian and Crest)

Zuko walked Lillian back to her room, once she was inside he left to fetch a bowl of water and some bandage strips. Zuko stood outside her door for two minutes as he thought of the way her movements flowed with each strike. Suddenly, Lillian opened the door revealing her badly bruised stomach, "Are you going to clean me up from out there?" Lillian asked with a small smile, Zuko had a slight blush as he saw that Lillian had a pair of shorts on and her warrior wrap, 'this is not the first time you're seeing her like this... get a grip!' he thought to himself as he walked into her room. Lillian slumped into her bed, "Ouch... That wasn't a great idea.." Lillian mumbled into her pillow, Zuko snickered at her as he sat beside her, "Let's fix you up Lilly, then you can get some rest." Zuko said as he squeezed the water out of the cloth, Lillian sat up straight facing him. Zuko dabbed softly at her cuts and carefully bandaged her up, he stared down at her red and blue chest and the slight cut on her hip, "he got me good, but I kicked his ass!" Lillian grinned, Zuko just nodded silently, "And your back?" Zuko asked quietly. Lillian took a deep breath, "I'm not sure..." She turned and faced her scared back to him, Zuko stared at the scars on her lower back from the burn and then the two slits under her shoulder blades, Zuko lightly brushed his fingers across her lower back and then touched the two at the top, the moment he touched her scars Lillian shivered, "Your back is fine..." Zuko whispered as Lillian turned to face him. Lillian gave him a small smile, "nothing new for my collection?" she said as she tilted her head. Zuko stared at her carefree expression, his eyes softened at her, what was it about her that made him feel so relaxed, so strong, so brave, so indestructible whenever he saw that smile. Suddenly her eyes fell sad, "Zuko... about Crest.. I-i uh..." Zuko took her hand and squeezed it, "Yes?" he whispered as he leaned in closer, Lillian's eyes glistened, "I do know him..." she whispered, Zuko released her hand and clenched his fists, "Y-you lied to me?" Zuko asked in a short breath, Lillian looked away and nodded, "I don't know why I did... I guess I was ashamed that I knew him... he-" Lillian was interrupted as Zuko got up and walked to the door, Lillian rushed over to him and blocked the door while clenching her chest, "wait, please. Let me explain." Lillian said softly, Zuko stared at the door, "Later. You need rest. I'm going to the oil plant. I will see you this evening." Zuko said in a serious tone and then walked out leaving Lillian alone in her room.  Zuko walked down the hall deep in though about Lillian, she made him feel things that he didn't understand, he was hurt, he was angry at her for lying... He was in love with her... 

Zuko walked across the platform on the oil plant and saw something shimmer between the scattered coal, the water tribe girl's necklace. Zuko starred out into the sunset clenching the necklace in his hand, "soon we'll go home Lilly, I promise." He whispered to himself.

It was close to midnight when Lillian woke in a cold sweat. She held her head in her hand as she took deep breaths, "Just a nightmare Lil..." Shin and Shane's voices echoed in her head. Lillian flung the cover's off and wrapped her robe around her before leaving her room. She walked out onto the deck and stared at the full moon and how it's reflection danced on the water. She took deep breaths as she tried to forget the nightmare, "Lilly?" Zuko's voice interupted her thoughts, she turned to see him standing in his sleeping robe, "are you okay? I heard your door open and was worried." Zuko said slowly. Lillian just smiled and nodded. Zuko stood beside her and watched the waves silently. Lillian rested her head lightly against his shoulder as she leaned closer to him, "Are you made at me?" She whispered. Zuko shook his head, "No..." Lillian smiled as she straightened, "We should go back to bed, we need our strength." Lillian stood on her toes and pecked Zuko on his cheek just beneath his scar, "Goodnight Zuko." Lillian said as she walked back to her room. Zuko held his cheek, "Goodnight...Lilly." Zuko followed shortly after, but what no one noticed was the green and blue eyes glowing in anger from the top of the control tower that watched the Prince and the Angel...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dun Dun daaaaa!!! 

Finally done with this chapter. I hope you enjoyed.

I am taking my time with updates due to the fact that no one really nags for updates. te he

so don't forget to vote and comment!!

Until next time!