Friendship

It's been 6 months since Lillian started her training with old grumpy Ping but it was paying off. She had the basics of firebending and was ready to move up. Kasai has also shown some warrior traits, specially when Ping seems to be yelling at Lillian and feels threatened for his owner. Ping couldn't sit for a week, although those polka-dot underpants wont be missed by anyone.

Lillian has been helping around a lot at the park with feeding the animals and tending to their wounds. And for some odd reason, she had no fear for anything. She would also sometimes "challenge" Kasai to a race, but never came first. It was the best feeling ever, running through the hills, nothing could stop her. Sometimes when she ran down the hills her shoulders would burn for the feeling of wind around them.

Although all was great for her, she wasn't so sure for Zuko. She had not received any letter from him at all since his first, but Lillian shook it off. Training is intense and even more stressful when you have an exam that tests you in all your knowledge of firebending.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another 4 months have gone by and Lillian was taking a day off. She needed some rest and quiet time. Kasai followed her everywhere. He was already as tall as her, she could basically ride him. As Lillian and Kasai were relaxing on the beach, Grandpa Ping came to join them. As he sat down next to Lillian, she couldn't help but smile at him. He was such an odd old man. One moment he would be yelling at her for not breathing properly or if she burnt the tea leaves, and then the next he was as calm as a stream. "I see, the crystal that your grandma gave you is still in one piece." Said the old man. Lillian took the crystal and held it in her hand close to her heart as she laughed. Ping looked at his grand daughter, she was so full of life and spirit, but yet... He feared that one day that would change. " I never take it off, there are so many tears kept in here, almost an ocean." Lillian whispered. Ping smiled, "Do you know their purpose my little Fire Lilly?" Lillian looked confused and shook her head no, "ahhh, well. Let me tell a secret then." Ping leaned in and whispered into Lillian's ears. Once he leaned away, Lillians face was filled with shock and surprise. "So does that mean I can become a doctor???" Lillian stood up and marched on the beach and had a slight insane look on her face, flames were coming out of her mouth as Ping sat there with a deadpan expression. "My dear, you must understand, It is to be kept for something very important." Lillian calmed down and understood. These crystal tears were not just liquid in a bottle, they had healing properties. But could only be performed by the Angel who shed them. That's right, an Angel. Although many people believe that the Angels disappeared 100 years ago with Avatar Roku, they remained in hiding awaiting for the new Avatar to reveal him/herself. There areAngels from all the nations but they all lived in peace at the Sky Temple. Only Angels with fully grown wings could ascend to the top of the Sky Temple but Lillian was determined. She had never been there but has been told stories. Lillian's father had missed his chance when it skipped his generation and blessed all 3 his children. Shin and Shane would give her flying lessons when ever possible and sometimes even show her what a real Fire Angel could do. But she was never allowed to share this secret with anyone. Each Angel had many different abilities. Some could eat their element and become stronger, some could transform completely, most angels were able to lift things 1000 times more their own weight. Angel's never grew tired quickly and had a way of hiding their true strength, it only came out when needed. Lillian felt that she was different, not just her appearance but her spirit too, it felt as if she was destined for great things, and this was true. She just didn't know it yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*at The Royal Palace*

" I am impressed Prince Zuko, You have finally completed your basics, and you have officially passed your Firebending exam!' Spoke General Iroh as he sipped his tea. Prince Zuko looked up at his uncle with a smile. "Do you mean it uncle?" Zuko spoke. Iroh stood and shook his head. " Well, if you excuse me nephew as I have some packing to do and I believe that you have some too, we will be leaving tomorrow morning. Be ready at dusk. " Iroh said as he walked away. Zuko jumped in the air with his fist raised up, " YES!!!" Zuko ran to his room and prepared his luggage for his trip. Zuko smiled at a sketch portraite of him and Lilly that was taken before she left "told you I'd see you later Lilly" Zuko whispered to himself.

Zuko placed the paint brush down and attached the letter to the hawk. " General Ping's Aquarium" he spoke to the bird as he gave it a treat.

Zuko sat at his window as he watched the wings of the hawk disappear. He smiled and turned in for bed. He just couldn't wait any longer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*At The Aquarium*

Ping and Lillian were sitting on the balcony watching the waves crash ashore as the drank some tea, the sound of running caused them to turn around. "General Ping Sir!!!" Kan yelled as he ran up the stairs with a note in his hand. "What in blazes Kan? Can't I have one cup of tea with my grand daughter without you screaming like a mad man???"Ping asked irritated. Kan was blue in the face as he handed the note to Ping, Lillian was concerned, what could cause such a disturbance in him. Lillian looked at her grandpa. *CRASH* "Grandpa Ping!!!!" Lillian yelled as she knelt down beside her grandpa, He was at a lost for words, fear in his face, and now tears streaming down his face. He was shaking, Lillian was confused and sat on her knees as he made his way to stand up. "T-the D-dragon of the West and the P-prince are coming here tomorrow for a short holiday!?!"Ping stuttered his words out. Lillian grew a wide grin as she jumped up and ran around the balcony excited "whoooooo hoooooo" She screamed "Zuko Passed his exam!!! I knew he could do it!! Oh my spirits!! Kasai!!! Come here boy!!" Lillian whistled for her pet. As Kasai came running in.

Ping and Kan stared at Lillian with emotionless faces

Ping and Kan stared at Lillian with emotionless faces. "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY CHILD?" Ping yelled. Lillian stopped and stared at her grandpa. "ARE YOU SAYING YOU PERSONALLY KNOW PRINCE ZUKO?!?!"Ping yelled confused and frightened again. Lillian smiled and climbed on Kasai "We're best friends Grandpa, I'm sure I mentioned it when I got here?" Ping and Kan were dumbfounded as they watched the girl. "Whaaaaaaaat???"Kan!!!!"

"Yes sir!!!!"

Ping rushed around before yelling out orders "Clean all the enclosures! Get me every tea leaf out of the garden, all the flavors, Clean the lodging rooms 3 times over!! Make sure everyone is on their best behavior!!! We have royalty visiting us tomorrow!!!"

"Y-yes sir!!!"Kan exclaimed as they both ran out the room.

Lillian and Kasai just sat their confused. "That was odd"Lillian said.

Grandpa Ping was still running around, moving furniture and cleaning. Lillian shook her head as she made her way to her room. "Crazy old man" she whispered. "I heard that you little fire cracker!!!"Ping yelled, Lillian was shocked, She walked into her room and fell straight on her bed, tomorrow she will see Zuko. "Spar match tomorrow buddy, can't wait!"Lillian yawned and fell asleep. Kasai was laying on the floor beside Lillian. All her friends will be with her soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey hey, all done with this chapter. so what you think??

Vote and comment. Thanks