The Awakening

Lillian meditated beside Crest's limp body. Katara had healed him but he laid unconsciousness just like Aang down the hall. Katara had healed him to the best of her ability but he wouldn't wake up. Shin and Shane suggested that they should take Crest to the sky temple where hopefully one of the temple nurses could take care of him, But... Lillian refused... He got hurt because he was protecting her! There was a soft creek as the metal door opened and then closed, "Lillian..." Thorn's voice spoke softly. Lillian's eyes opened slowly, "It's time..." Thorn said as he placed his hand on Lillian's shoulder. Lillian felt her eyes burn as the tears formed. Lillian nodded her head, "Give me 5 minutes please..." Lillian's voice broke. Thorn gave Lillian a light squeeze and then left the room quietly.

"Crest... Can you here me?" Lillian's voice trembled as she took his hand tightly in her's, "I'm so sorry... I tried to keep the peace, but... I can't do it alone... Please wake up soon..." Lillian said as she placed the purple healing crystal over his wounded chest. Lillian gave Crest a small sweet kiss on his forehead. Shin and Shane entered the room along with their father, "He'll be fine Lilly. The sister's will know what to do." Shane said as he hugged his sister. Shin nodded in agreement while lifting Crest, "Trust us." Shin smiled. Lillian looked away as her lip trembled, "See you soon little sister." Shane said as he kissed the crown of her head, Lillian walked with her brother's to the deck where they laid Crest down on a make shift stretcher, "We'll catch up with you soon, Promise." Shin said as he now hugged his little sister, "Stay strong and keep these kids out of trouble." Shin grinned as Lillian gave him a small smile, "Hey! We're not kids!" Sokka's voice cracked. Katara smacked Sokka behind his head and then grinned at Lillian, "Ignore him"

Shin and Shane greeted their father and friends, "Good Luck everyone!" The brother's called as Blue and Red flashed before them, "How come they have different colored wings?" Sokka asked while stroking an imaginary beard, "Easier to tell them apart." Thorn said in a bored tone gaining a confused look from Sokka and a tight giggle from Lillian, "Father!" Thorn shrugged before walking towards Hakoda and Bato.

Lillian POV

Toph, Katara and I stood at the railing enjoying the light ocean breeze, "so..." Toph spoke while picking her ear, "Why do they have different Wings?"I watched as Katara's face turned green when Toph licked her finger, eeew...

"Honestly, We don't know. I mean in the beginning we thought it was to separate the elemental temples but we have Fire Tenshi like my brother who have blue wings and my friend Ling who is an Earth tenshi and she has Pink wings. Maybe the ancients spilled their color ink over the temples by mistake." I spoke twirling my crystal, "But we never really asked those question because it never bother us." I felt Katara's eyes on me, "Why did you never tell Zuko? I mean you two were so close." I felt my chest tighten at the sudden question. How do you answer that? Ugh! I don't like questions! I groaned mentally... But my mind drifted back to ba sing sai... The hurt and anger that swam in Zuko's golden eyes still haunts me, but after last night... I know exactly why I never told him... "He was to obsessed with Aang and pleasing his father... As much as I wanted to tell him... I couldn't." I took a shaky breath, "When my brother's and I crossed paths a while back. Zuko saw a tenshi for the first time in his life. After that Zuko and I were captured by Merci-Lee, a dark and powerful tenshi who turned her back on us when my grandmother denied her the throne. Zuko wanted to hunt down and capture a tenshi so after hearing that I knew that I would have to wait... But I guess I waited too long." My voice broke as a tear slid down my cheek, I felt Katara's hand on my shoulder, "I'm sorry... I'll be here if you ever need to talk." Katara said with a warming smile. I nodded at her and watched as she walked towards Sokka in his guard outfit, "So... Did you love him?" I heard Toph asked softly. I gazed over at the small girl. Her milky eyes are set dead straight, "yeah... I do." I whispered but before i could add more to my sentence, "Twinkle-Toes, that's got to be you!" Toph cheered as she turned around. I was a bit confused at the odd nickname but when I saw Aang standing there I felt so relieved and full of life. I watched with a smile as everyone hugged the young Avatar. Aang turned to me and had a surprised face, "Your here! W-with us! does this mean that-" I watched as Aang held his head and slightly wobbled, "Uh-oh! Somebody catch him, he's gonna..." without a second thought I skid across the deck and catch Aang's head in my lap, "I've got you little buddy... I promise..." I whisper as I rub Aang's head.