Patience

Lillian woke early the next morning and made her way to the kitchen. She wore her short sleeping shorts and her crop top. As she lit the Fire to boil the water, she took out 5 cups, "Hmm, Grandpa Ping, General Iroh, Uncle Kan, Prince Zuko and me!" Lillian whispered. Lillian placed the tea leaves in the pot and left to feed Kasai, as she walked out into the garden she looked towards the rooms where Zuko and Iroh were staying. " pssst Kasai!" Lillian whispered, at no moment at all Kasai was in front of Lillian looking down at her, "Whose my wittle furry Lionshark? You are! Wanna go to Kibo?" she whispered as Kasai purred. Lillian went back inside to finish the tea, once she was done she placed the tea cups at the table and left to get dressed.

As Lillian walked out she found everyone sitting at the table, Zuko didn't even look at her... " Morning Grandpa!" Lillian said as she pecked Ping on the cheek, " Good morning Uncle Kan, General Iroh and Prince Zuko!" Lillian bowed in respect, still nothing. What's with him?
" Good morning Lillian, I must say your tea is amazing! Almost better than mine." Iroh cheered as Lillian raised her head. She went to the kitchen and started packing a small bag, Zuko raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything.
" Where are you off to Fire Lilly?" Ping asked curiously as Lillian walked up and down. " Kasai and I are going to visit Kibo, the kids have been sending a lot of letter's asking us to come finish the story." Lillian placed her hands behind her back as she made her way to the door, "don't wait up!" and with that she was gone.

There was a moment of silence before Ping spoke up, " About 6 month's ago, Lillian and Kasai were camping in the mountains when they came across the small village of Kibo. They were having trouble with a gang who were picking on the wives and children since all the men left to fight in the war. The gang's name is Shadow Snake. They have no respect or honor at all. Lillian has been helping out by teaching the children some basic forms and telling stories. So one day, three members decided to go cause some trouble but didn't expect Lillian to intervene, She took out those three men without a thought. So ever since she has been making casual visits and making sure that no body bothers them, she has taken quiet a liking to them and they adore her. " Ping finished as he drank his tea, " Lady Lillian has even left a special Lionshark whistle with Rohan, a young boy from the village, so that if they ever returned and she wasn't there, Kasai would rush Lillian down in an instant." Kan finished as he looked towards Iroh and Zuko. " Why has no one taken action towards this?" Zuko asked slightly angered, ' Why does she have to risk her life when there are guards dispatched for this?'  Zuko thought to himself. " We have sent a request Prince Zuko, but I fear no one has recieved it, I even sent a personal one to my Son, General Thorn and even he had nothing to say." Ping answered with as much respect as possible. Zuko stood up and made his way to the door, he slammed the door shut and clenched his fists. " Forgive my nephew, I believe he is just concerned for Lillian's well being and feels guilty that their friendship has fallen apart this way, he blames himself." Iroh said with sorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zuko noticed that Kasai was still in the courtyard with everything packed on his saddle, but where was Lillian? "Kasai?" Zuko whispered. Kasai's ears perked up and he turned to see Zuko, at first the hair on his neck started to rise but then he pounced on Zuko. Lillian walked out of the stable to see Kasai on top of Zuko licking him and releasing the loudest purr she had ever heard. "It's good to see you too, now get off!" Zuko said as he felt the crushing paw of the large animal lift. " Kasai! You know better than to push people around!" Lillian scolded the feline. Zuko stood up and started at Lillian, she had her back turned to him as she was packing scrolls, books and toys. "I'm sorry about that Prince Zuko, I don't know what has gotten in to him." Zuko looked to the ground " I guess he was just happy to see me... at least someone was.." Zuko said as he watched Lillian's body freeze. Lillian took a deep breath as she turned to face Zuko, " You don't write to me for 3 years, I haven't seen you in over 7 years and you expect that everything should be just the way you left it? It doesn't work like that." a cool breeze blew through the air, allowing Lillian's hair to brush her face, "But I guess you can't hold it against the Prince of the Fire Nation." Lillian started to climb on the saddle before Zuko stopped her by holding her arm, " Lillian... I'm sorry, I just thought you were angry with me so I left you alone, but I came here to for-full my promise I made to you. I need your guidance and friendship right now..." Zuko whispered. Lillian's face filled with sorrow, she smile and then out of nowhere... She tackled Zuko. " I was never angry, just hurt that you never wrote, but you keeping this promise means a lot to me." Lillian said as she lifted her head, "Now, are you gonna come with me or stay behind and drink tea?" Lillian said as she swung her body onto the saddle. Zuko smiled and climbed up behind her. 

Iroh stood in the door way as he smiled at the two children, "Just like old times!" he said as he walked back inside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Everyone!!!! Lilly is here! And she's bought a friend!" A young boy yelled, suddenly they were surrounded by children, their mother's stood in the door ways waving at the duo on Kasai. Zuko was surprised that there were no men, only women and children in the village. Lillian jumped down and embraced a group of the children. "Who is that?" one boy asked, " Is he our new friend too?" A little girl asked, " Oh wow, he is so handsome! Is he you boyfriend?" another child asked. Blush spread across Zuko and Lillian's face. Lillian crossed her arms and blew steam at the children as Zuko climbed down and stood next to her "Are you gonna tell them who you are or shall I?" Lillian asked Zuko with a cheesy smile, before he could answer he felt a light tug at his pants, there stood a little girl with her teddy bear in her arm signalling for Zuko to bend down. Zuko looked at Lillian but all she did was smiled and walked to the other group of children. As Zuko knelt down he raised an eyebrow as the little girl asked " wha happwen der?" she mumbled pointing at Zuko's bandage. Zuko felt anger boil inside of him, how dare this peasant be so forward!?! Suddenly, the little girl kissed Zuko's bandage just by the eye, "it will get bettwer soon, i kissie the owie away, jus like my dada do." Zuko forgot his boiling rage. "Thank you.." was all he could say until the little girl stumbled away. Lillian stood behind him and smiled at his reaction 'old Zuko is still there'
" That's Asha, her dad and brothers left to fight in the war 3 months ago, she has no fear and sees no wrong in anyone, I guess you could say she's attracted to your spirit." Lillian said has Zuko straightened up, "The kids want us to play dodge flame with them, you want to play?" Zuko shook his head No. Instead he walked around the village looking at all the lives the war has destroyed. "Would you like something to drink young man?"an elderly woman offered Zuko as he walked by, "Oh my... Forgive me!" she fell to her knee's Zuko's eyes softened at the woman "Please... that's not necessary, I am no longer a Prince..."Zuko said as he carried on walking, "If I may? being banished does not mean you will be forgotten by those who know who you are, I know you will do what is right and return to the throne."The old woman said as she turned and walked to the crowd of children. "Come now little one's, say goodbye to Lilly and her friend and off to the bath house." The children seized their activity and bowed to Lillian and Zuko.

As Lillian and Zuko climbed on Kasai, Zea, one of the mother's approached them, she bowed in respect to Zuko and then looked at Lillian, " We all wish you luck on your travels Lilly, and please return soon.  Prince Zuko, we all have faith in you, Be strong, be brave and remember your roots, with that, nobody will ever be able to break you down." As Kasai started to walk away, Zuko's face was filled with shock, how could people who have so little make him feel so much? "I will return, I will have my rightful place on the throne, I will capture the Avatar and I will restore my Honor". He said to Lillian as she nodded her head and they made their way back home...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone

Don't forget to vote and comment