Beneath the Scars

Zuko gathered supplies at the infirmary, he took a clean bandages, salt and a weird herb that Iroh had given him. Lillian stood in the doorway with her arms crossed over her chest, she watched him walk back and forth, "Zuko... Please let me help you. You can't remove the bandage by yourself." Zuko's body tensed, he turned and faced Lillian, "I don't need your help, I believe the crew wanted to thank you for saving them."Zuko said as he brushed passed her and went to his room. Lillian's heart fell, she could help him ease his pain, try to make him feel a bit better, but he didn't give her the chance. 

Lillian stood on the deck of the ship practicing some of her fire bending forms, she focused more on her punches than her kicks. Iroh watched her from his Pai sho table, "Less weight on your feet and more fury in your fists."He said. Lillian stopped and bowed at Iroh, "Thank you General Iroh." Iroh lifted his tea cup and nodded, "uh...Excuse us Lady Lillian?"Lillian turned to see the whole crew, including captain Lee standing on the deck. Captain Lee was nudged to move forward by the engineer, Captain Lee took a step forward and then bowed his head, he placed his hands in the traditional fire nation stance. "The crew and myself would like to thank you for saving our lives.." Captain Lee said as a blush crept on his face. Iroh cleared his throat, "And we are truly honored to have such a brave General as you."Lee finished, "Even for a woman!"Added the cook. Lillian bowed back at the captian, "I hope that we can work well together on this joureny, I am always open to opinions as you do have much expirence Captain, I would be honored to learn from you as we go along."Lillian lifted her head and had a huge smile. Captian Lee and the crew were shocked by her words, "Thank you Gene-"Lillian lifted her hand in the air, "Just call me Lilliy, or Lady Lilly if you want to be more formal."She said as she walked passed toward the end of the deck.

 As she passed Zuko's room she heard a crash, she peeked through slightly opened door and notice that Zuko had dropped the bowl of water and was trying to take the bandage off alone, but he was struggling. Lillian walked into her room and filled a bowl with water. Lillian then took her crystal off from around her neck and dipped it into the water, a white glow flowed over the ripples of the water as she removed it from the water. 

Lillian took a deep breath before she barged into Zuko's room, "Lillian! W-what are you doing in h-here!?!?"Zuko screeched as he threw his robe over his head to hide his face. Lillian sat next to him and placed the bowl of water in front of him without saying anything. Zuko's body relaxed at the sight of the water. He watch as her hand approached his face to remove his robe, Zuko pulled away..."don't... it looks hideous, it's going to leave a horrible scar..." Lillian looked at her friend, yes he was an ass at times, but her Zuko was in there still, hiding behind his tall walls, "Scars are a sign of strength and determination."Lillian whispered. Zuko got angry as he turned so his back faced Lillian, "Scars are a symbol of failure and weakness! Now get out!" Lillian sighed before she stood up, she turned her back to Zuko as she lifted her shirt, "Look at me Zuko, am I a failure? Am I weak for having these?"  Zuko lifted his eyes and stared at Lillian's back, he gasped at the sight he saw before him. The bottom of her back was covered in burn marks, and at the top below her shoulder blades were 2 scars that looked like they were cut by a sharp, thin knife. Zuko felt guilt creep to his heart, after noticing her scars Zuko's eyes then fell on Lillian's hourglass figure and he blushed, Lillian pulled her shirt down and turned around. "How did you get that?" Lillian looked at him and then placed her hand at the lower part of her back.

"It was the second attack from shadow snake, I was cocky and over confident. I thought since I beat their members I was unstoppable and that Kibo was free of their wrath. I was with Rohan and Asha in the medows seeing to their livestock. They came out of no where, I didn't take them down quick enough. Asha was behind me and I never realized until it was too late. One of the members shot a strong stream of fire at her, I couldn't block it... So, I shielded her with my body, and that's how I got it....Does that make me weak or a failure?"Zuko shook his head. Lillian still didn't know what happened to him, but she will wait for him to open up to her.

Zuko slowly removed his robe from his head revealing his fresh burn, it was bad... You couldn't see his left eye and it was as if he almost had no ear. Lillian sighed as she sat next to him on her knees. The room was silent as Lillian dipped the cloth in the water and began cleaning Zuko's burn. He flinched at first but relaxed under Lillian's touch, she placed her left hand on the right side of his face and he rested his chin in her arm as she cleaned his wound with her right hand. Zuko's heart raced as he felt Lillian's breathing close to his neck. "Please tell me if I hurt you," Lillian whispered right in his ear as she began to wrap his eye in a new clean bandage. Lillian stood on her knee's slightly in front of Zuko's face, her chest was quiet close to his face, maybe a bit too close. Zuko clenched his fists and held his breath as he tried to hide the red blush that was spread across his face. 'Why am I getting so nervous?' Zuko thought to himself. Lillian felt her heart skip a beat when Zuko stiffened his body, it felt almost as if he had stopped breathing. Once Lillian finished she stood up and took the bowel of water, as she was about to walk out her eyes fell on Zuko as he bought up his hand and smoothed it over the bandage. "Thank you Lilly..."He whispered. Lillian smiled at him before she stepped out of his room. Once Lillian walked around the corner she stumbled right into Iroh, "General Iroh... Were you spying on us?"Lillian asked Iroh who had a slight blush, "No! I- uh um am looking for my tea pot's lid!"Iroh stuttered. Lillian laughed as she walked passed and patted him on his shoulder. 

Lillian placed the bowl down and gave Kasai a quick snuggle before she got into her bed, falling asleep with a smile on her face....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!

What do you think?

Comment and vote! Thanks!