A Crazy Escape

Zuko pulled Lillian through the thick bush behind the palace's garden. Guards were everywhere and they had to stay out of sight or else they'd be arrested, "Zuko... Where are we-" Lillian was cut off when Zuko placed his hand over her mouth gesturing for her to remain quiet. Lillian nodded. Zuko removed his hand before taking hold of Lillian's hand again and pulling her once again to follow him. 

Lillian could still hear the explosions behind her as the airships, "We're almost there, come on Lillian, just a little further." Zuko said breathlessly. Lillian watched as Zuko's hair stuck to his face and how his knuckles were turning white, "Zuko... Why are you helping me. Your father will-"

"My Father will kill us both if we get caught, Just trust me." Zuko stated.

"But I need to go help the other's!" Lillian protested.

Zuko came to a sudden stop causing Lillian to slam into his back and stumble but Zuko took hold of her hand, "Lillian, I will explain everything once we get on the air balloon, your friends have already gone, just Trust me." Zuko whispered.

Lillian's crimson eyes stared deep into his golden eyes and there she saw something she never thought she'd see again, passion, life and love.

"I'll trust you..." Lillian replied.

Zuko's eyes darted from her's to her lips before he turned and shook his head, "We're here."

Lillian helped Zuko set up the air balloon and gather some supplies. The whole time Zuko avoided Lillian and kept his distance. He didn't say a word or ask her anything. Lillian blew her stray strands of hair out of her face and slightly swung her left arm around as it was growing stiff. Lillian felt with each step it become harder to keep her self up. She was weak. She was injured and she needed to rest. 

Zuko started the fire and the balloon began to inflate. Zuko looked over to Lillian as she leaned against one of the trees with her head up to the sky, her eyes closed, her right arm around her torso and her left arm holding her left shoulder. She didn't look good. She had scorch marks all over her clothes and few burn marks on her arms and legs. But she still looked "Beautiful..." 

Lillian opened her eyes, "Did you say something?" Lillian asked causing Zuko's eyes to widen realizing he said it out loud, "Uh, yes, the uh balloon is ready." Zuko stood straight, Lillian tilted her head, "uh, okay. Where are we going to go?" Lillian asked curiously. Zuko raised his hand but was cut off by the sound of Guards, "Never mind, I'll explain on the way!" Zuko rushed scooping Lillian up and placing her inside the air balloon's basket. Lillian squeaked in pain at Zuko's touch on her bruised body.

Zuko bent fire into the balloon so that it would rise faster. Lillian leaned over the side watching as the ground got further and further away, "hmm feels so weird to fly without my wings." Lillian whispered.

Once the balloon was up in the air and they were safe, Lillian crossed her arms and tapped her fingers waiting for an explanation...

Zuko took a deep breath..." I don't know where to start."

"How about you start with why you're helping me? the enemy." Lillian sneered.

Zuko placed his face in his hands, "I'm sorry..." Zuko whispered,

"I realized that I made the wrong decision in Ba sing sai, I betrayed uncle... I betrayed you. After everything you both had done for me..."

Lillian stood silently as she listened to Zuko,

"I realized that my destiny was never to use the Avatar to regain my honor... But to help him restore balance to the world. My destiny is to join him, teach him fire bending and to take down my father. "