Time, friend or foe?

It's been a year since Zuko's banishment and nothing has changed. They have been to all the air temples and have searched most of the small islands. Zuko always had his heart set on a new destination, when he found nothing there, he then lost himself in his rage and usually took it out on Iroh or Lillian. Zuko and Lillian were saddling up to search an Earth Kingdom village that was about 3 week's ride from where the ship was docked. Zuko allowed the crew to go home and visit their families, he even told Lillian to go home, but she refused, "Staying around might be more interesting and besides, Grand pa Ping is traveling too!" Once Lillian and Zuko were done packing they went to see if Iroh was done too. Zuko walked into the room to find Iroh asleep and not even packed. "Uncle! What are you doing?"Zuko asked as Iroh sat up in his bed rubbing his eyes, "I was sleeping Prince Zuko, what seems to be the problem?"Iroh yawned. Lillian stood between the two, she knew Zuko was angry enough as it is, "General Iroh, it's time to leave for the earth kingdom village."Lillian said calmly. Iroh groaned, "Why don't you two go alone? I'm too old for such a long journey."Zuko blew steam from his nose before storming out. Lillian looked at Iroh, "I might kill him if you don't come with!"Lillain said through gritted teeth, Iroh laughed at the young girl. "This journey will help you both in the terms of trusting each other and watching out for one another."Lillian hugged Iroh goodbye.

It was a hot day as the duo began their travel's, Kasai was more than happy to be out in the sun and off the ship. Zuko rode his Rhino next to Lillian and was reading his map.  "If we continue North, we will come across a small trading market that is just outside the town of Nenrei.  We can look for a place to stay there or just camp by the river side."Zuko finished as he rolled the map up. "I think we should camp, less attention on us when asking questions."Lillian said as she kicked Kasai in the ribs and he started to gallop. Zuko followed on his rhino, watching as Lillian and Kasai move faster and faster. They haven't been out in over 5 months since they last docked, it's as if being outside together gave them a sense of freedom the never experienced before.

Lillian laid on the ground under the shade of a big apple tree, she gazed up at the branches smiling. She was recalling all the times she had sat in the tree watching her brother's practice and spar. Zuko sat next her, holding out the water skin that he refilled, "What are you smiling about?"He asked as he raised a brow. Lillian took the skin and gulped down the water, allowing some drops to escape and roll down her neck. She handed the skin back to Zuko before she laid back down, "When I was younger, I would always climb the apple tree back home and watch my brother's practice."Lillian sighed as she sat up watching Kasai sleeping peacefully, "But that was a long time ago..."Zuko watched as her face fell. Lillian never spoke about her parents and most defiantly never about her brother's. "Do you ever think about them?"Zuko asked carefully, Lillian gave him a deadpan expression, "Do you ever think about Azula?"Lillian asked as she stood up and walked to Kasai, "I'm serious Lillian..."Zuko stretched as he walked to his rhino. Lillian was quiet for a moment before she answered him..."They were my befriends... Shane would always pretend to never care or fear anything but he did...And Shin, he was the funny guy who always challenged anyone to anything... But they still left me behind when they left.."Lillian's eyes were watery but she blinked and the tears were gone, Zuko saw her eyes. Lillian was one of the most strongest people he knew, and seeing her so weak and fragile...Scared him. 

"We are finally here!"Lillian said as she slumped to the floor and leaned against Kasai. Zuko nodded and made his way into the town, Lillian rolled her eyes at Zuko, "Can we just set up camp first before we go asking questions?"wined Lillian. "Just a quick look around ok?"He said over his shoulder. Zuko made his way into the town with Lillian following close behind him, he walked up to a food stall and got them something to eat. As Lillian walked up to Zuko, she couldn't help but shake the feeling that she was being watched. She shook the feeling off and walked with Zuko, she noticed quiet a few people staring at Zuko's scar, or...they were staring at her. 

Once they finished walking around the town, Zuko and Lillian made their way back to where they left Kasai and the rhino. When they got there, Lillian started a fire and Zuko set up the tent that he and Lillian were going to share for the next 6 weeks. Lillian walked around the site to see if she could see any animal tracks but instead she stumbled upon 2 men at another camp site not too far from them. The men's face's were covered by their hoods, they noticed Lillian and the one stood up in defense. Lillian bowed "My apologies for startling you, my friend and I have set up site a few feet back and I was searching for animal tracks."Lillian lifted her head and saw the men's eye color, yellow and blue. She wanted to believe that it was them but decided to turn around and head back. Her brother's were probably dead and why would she want to see them anyway? They left her alone...

Zuko had set his map out and had placed pot of water over the fire, Lillian walked right past him and went to the tent. She laid down on her sleeping bag trying to get those two men's eyes out of her head. 

Zuko poured himself some tea before he hear rustling in the bushes, Kasai's eyes perked up and he stalked towards the bushes, standing slightly in front of Zuko ready to attack whoever or whatever might jump out. Suddenly two men jumped out of the bush and attacked, Zuko blasted fire at the one, but he simply dodged it. the other man was keeping Kasai busy trying to lure him into a corner. Lillian heard the commotion and rushed out of her tent. She was in her warriors wrap and her sleeping shorts. She noticed both men attacking Zuko and Kasai, she rushed to the man who was distraction Kasai, Lillian grabbed him by his arm and swung him over her body. Once her was in front of her, she gave a hard kick to his stomach which sent him flying into his partner. Lillian and Zuko both had their hands up in defense as they approached the two men. As Lillian took a step closer she noticed that both their hoods which were actually their scarves had fallen down, when the one man turned around...She gasped...

"Shin?.....Shane?..." Lillian choked, Zuko stood closely beside her, watching as the tears formed in her eyes...

They two men stood up as they stared at their younger sister in fear...

"Your alive?"Was all Lillian could ask before her sadness disappeared and was replaced by anger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The boys are back!!!! Dun dun daaaa

What did you think?

Comment and vote!