Winter Solstice Part 1

"Your gonna have to do better than that Princess!" A young Crest's voice echoed through the sky temple's halls as he ran away from the crowned Princess, "Give it back Crest! This isn't funny!" Lillian yelled in between gasps as she ran after the tanned boy who had taken something dearly to her. As the two children raced down the halls, Crest forgot that the ledge ahead was being fixed after their last "run around the temple" and couldn't stop in time, he tripped over the stones and brooms and was sent flying into the temple's spiritual Khoi pond. Lillian peeked over the balcony and watched as Crest's head popped up from under the water, he had an annoyed look on his face but stared at Lillian when she broke into a fit of giggles and fell flat on the floor. Crest raised his brow, "What's so funny!" Crest yelled in embarrassment as Lillian dramatically wiped a tear from her eye. Lillian jumped over the balcony and landed on the grass park beside the pond, " You really need a hair cut, you look like a drowned Pigeon-mouse." Lillian giggled as she offered out her hand. Crest looked up at her carefree smile and relaxed posture... And those crimson eyes.. He took hold of her hand and pulled himself up, but Lillian fell on top of him instead. Lillian and Crest stared at each other for a moment before they both burst out laughing. Crest sat up straight and gave Lillian her Ying necklace back, "What's so important about that one necklace anyway?" Crest asked as he rested his arms behind his neck. Lillian paused when putting her necklace back on, "It was a gift from Prince Zuko. He gave it to me before he went back to the capitol and before I came here. He has the other half." Lillian clipped the link of the chain and then held it close to her chest, "He's my best friend..." Lillian whispered. Crest stared at Lillian and at how she always seemed distant when speaking about the Fire nation prince, "So...." Crest began to whistle a tune, Lillian raised her brow and stared at him, "When's the wedding?" Lillian's face put her eyes to shame, she blushed a deep red, "wha- I uh-- Your A Jerk!" Lillian said as she shoved Crest over a tree root, " Am Not! you get this goo goo look in your eyes when ever you talk about him.." Crest said as he dusted himself off. Lillian huffed as she crossed her arms over her chest and turned her back on him. Crest stared at the princess, "Hey... Lilly" Crest whispered as he stared at the ground in thought, Lillian's posture softened as she turned to face Crest, " Do you ever think that a girl will have feelings for me like the way you have for the Prince?" Crest asked in a broken whisper. Lillian wove her fingers with Crest's, "One day yes, and she will be damn lucky..." Lillian said with a smile, Crest watched his reflection in her crimson eyes and felt at ease....

Crest's eyes fluttered opened at the sound of the morning bell. Just a dream... A dream of a memory that felt so real but happened years ago. Crest got dressed and tried to shake the image of Zuko and Lillian on the deck, 'She deserve's better...' he thought to himself as he walked down to the engine room.

The ship was docked at an Island  after Kyoshi. Lillian and Zuko were practicing some forms when they both noticed that Uncle Iroh was no where to be seen, "Where is Uncle Iroh? I need him to assess you before I teach you the next set of forms." Lillian asked Zuko confused. Zuko shrugged his shoulders before taking his stance again, "Maybe drinking tea somewhere. Let's keep going!" Zuko said as he ran towards Lillian with his fire daggers ready. Lillian dodge each strike as Zuko swung his arms, finally Lillian caught Zuko's arm and threw him over her back, "Lillian 4! Zuko 2!" Lillian hummed while skipping around him, "I am the best Firebend-" Before Lillian could finish her sentence, Zuko had spun himself around and tripped her. Zuko laid on top of Lillian with his dagger at her neck, "Zuko 3, Lillian full of EGO!" Zuko smirked, Lillian blew her hair out of her face and mumbled to herself. Zuko stood up and held out his hand, "Prince Zuko. General Lillian. My apologies for disturbing you two" Captain Jee said as he stared between the two, "but we are ready to depart." Captain Jee said. Before Lillian was fully on her feet, Zuko let go instantly and placed his arms behind his back, "Set our course then Captain!" Zuko ordered, "oof! ouch...." Lillian moaned as she rubbed her butt, "Um sir? General Iroh has not returned yet?" Jee said quiet worried. Zuko turned to Lillian, "We will go search for my Uncle, be sure that the ship is ready once we return!" Zuko ordered as he walked past Lillian. Lillian rolled onto her back and then leaped up to her feet, "ugh..."