The Thorn in my side

Lillian laid on her bed smiling at the ceiling, she found her brother's and made peace with them and was able to fight at their side. Things were looking up for her, now all she had to do was keep Zuko off any Tenshi's trail and help him regain his honor. Lillian felt almost as if she could take on the world. There was a knock on her bedroom door, she groaned as she stood to open the door, 'Can't General Iroh just give me 1 hour?'She thought to herself but was surprised to open the door and find Zuko standing there in his training clothes. Lillian raised a brow, "May I come in? I need to show you something..."Zuko said as he showed her the scroll that he held in his hand. Lillian stepped aside allowing Zuko to walk into her room. "You need to read this..."Zuko whispered as he handed her the scroll. Lillian noticed the Royal ribbon that was tied around it, her eyes remained on the bright red ribbon. "What is it?"Lillian asked her eyes not leaving the scroll, "It's from your father..." Zuko said. Lillian kept the scroll shut, "Why would he..."Zuko shrugged his shoulders as he sat down on Lillian's bed. Lillian opened the scroll and started reading it, Zuko sat at the edge of her bed, waiting for her to say something, he never did read it. "I don't believe this!!! Th-that man! How could he send this???"Lillian threw her hands in the air storming around her room. "What does it say?"Zuko asked as he tried to keep calm himself, "Let me read it to you!"

Lillian.

You are ordered to return home immediately. You are dishonoring the family name by traveling with the banished prince. The fire lord has decided to show mercy towards you on my behalf. I will collect you once we cross course.

General Thorn

Lillian finished reading, she looked up at Zuko whose eyes were filled with shock, Lillian growled and then burnt the scroll, blue flames erupted from her hands, "He will have to kill me first before I go anywhere with him!" Lillian stormed out of her room but Zuko remained with his head in his hands. 'Dishonoring the family name...'

Lillian burst out onto the deck, She breathed fire from her mouth like a dragon. Her shoulders were on fire, she was so angry at this man! How dare he think that he could control her like a puppet, he sent her away! Grandpa Ping and Kan were more like a father to her, this man was nothing..."Let him come..."She swayed her arms in a motion, "And I will show him who I am.." Lightning began to form around her body, "He will never control me!"She screamed as she shot the lightning into the sky. Lillian then fell to her knees, "He can't control me, he has no right..."She whispered under her breath. Lillian felt someone's hand on her shoulder, "Come with me my dear, you need to have some tea."Iroh said, he helped Lillian up to her feet. She stumbled towards the meditation room, she couldn't see through her tears and she felt every muscle contract from the anger she felt. Once inside, Iroh shut the door behind them and began the tea. Lillian's body shook, "You might want to begin that song of yours my dear."Lillian gazed at Iroh shocked, "Why would I sing at a time like this???"Iroh gave her a sad smile, "You don't want to waste any tears now do you?"Lillian couldn't believe what she was hearing, "How did yo-", "My dear, I'm not just a chubby old man, I am a wise chubby old man."Iroh said as he handed her the tea cup, "Oh..."Iroh smirked, "Also, Ping told me, and I saw you the night with the ocean spirit, remember?" Lillian looked down at her cup embarrassed, how could she be so careless? "Now, about your Fathe-" "General Thorn"Lillian spat, Iroh sighed, "General Thorn had that letter sent 3 days ago." Lillian's eyes grew wide, "so that means..."Iroh nodded, "Cross course is soon..." Lillian's head fell into her hands, "What am I going to do...?" Iroh walked to the door, "This is a decision you must make on your own, but know that we are right behind you." He left shutting the door behind him. Lillian fell apart, she didn't sing her lullaby, she allowed the tears to run down her cheeks staining them with her heartache. Iroh stood outside by the door, he heard Lillian's chokes and decided to go and find Zuko.