Goodbye or See you Later?

As the days went by, Zuko and Lillian were inseparable. Iroh's heart ached for the young ones, their friendship may be very strong, but time can change many things. Zuko wont be able to come visit anytime soon and Ping had plans that would keep Lillian really busy.

It was the last day that Lillian and Zuko could be together before Zuko leaves to go back to the capital. Lillian was sad knowing that her one and only friend would be leaving soon and who knows when they'd see each other again. General Iroh said that Zuko will be needing a lot more training and even be attending meetings as the Future Fire Lord should. Lillian felt left out, maybe she should ask her father if she could go back? Or maybe she should just stay here since he never wanted her there in the first place. Lillian decided that she should take Zuko up to the cliff side and have a sparing match, no holding back. Lillian walked up to Zuko who was getting all his things together for his journey home.

"Zuko? Do you think there is enough time for a walk up to the cliff side and maybe a quick spar?"Lillian asked sheepishly. Zuko turned around and placed something in his pocket quickly so that Lillian wouldn't see. "Um.. y-yeah sure!" was he blushing?

As Lillian and Zuko were riding on Kasai, Zuko kept fidgiting and taking deep breaths "what's wrong? Is everything ok?"Lillian asked without looking back. Zuko sat up straight and nodded his head, Lillian turned around "Well?" she asked a bit annoyed now that he didn't answer her. "I uh... nodded yes!" Zuko answered in a rush. As they made it at the cliff side, Zuko was the first one to jump off Kasai. he stood far one side and started taking deep breaths.

"Lillian, I have a very important question for you!"Zuko blurted out in an demanding voice with a bright pink spread across his cheeks.

"Um? Ok? Are you sure you are fine?"

"YES! I umm have s-something for you... But if you don't like it, it's fine and if you don't want to--..."

"Spit it out Zuko!"Lillian groaned as she got annoyed with all his rambling.

Zuko nodded and dug into his pocket, he pulled out 2 necklaces, each had a half of ying and yang. Lillian looked at him confused before he spoke.

"Uncle said that the best way to seal a friendship would be to give your Gir--- I mean bestfriend something special, so I went down to the market and asked the jewler to make these for us. So that we can always have a small piece of each other with us!"

"Oh, wow Zuko, it's so beautiful. Tell me something... Are General's allowed to wear jewlery that match that of the Fire Lord" Lillian asked with a grin on her face.

Zuko smiled at her as he placed the necklace around her neck "I'm sure I can pull a few strings once we're up there calling the shots. "

Lillian turned to face Zuko and then all of a sudden fell in his arms. He didnt know what to do so he just stood there and held her. "Will this be Good-bye or see you later?'Lillian mumbled into his chest. "I don't know..."

Lillian and Zuko didn't spar or even practice their forms, the just stood their until it was time to go back.

As Lillian and Zuko arrived at the aquarium, everyone bowed to General Iroh and Prince Zuko. As General Ping and General Iroh said their farewells Zuko embraced Lillian one last time before getting into the carriage "Promise to write to me as often as you can and don't leave out any details!" Lillian called out as the carriage pulled away. Zuko leaned out of the window " I promise!" he yelled. Lillian watched the carriage disappear, her grandpa placed his hand on her shoulder.

Lillian's eyes widened as she turned and jumped on Kasai's back. They ran up to the top of the hill where she could see the road that traveled to the harbor. She watched as the carriage came into sight, she sat on the ground watching the rhinos pulling them further and further away, she placed her hand on the necklace that Zuko had given her and smiled. "It's going to be see you later Zuko"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ping sat at the Pai Sho table when Lillian walked in, he watched as she went to the kitchen and ate one of the snacks left from the night before. Lillian turned and walked to sit next to her grandpa. "Lillian, it's time to resume your training. But you need to understand that there is no time for distractions, I want you to be a master at firebending. So... Are you ready?" Lillian looked out of the window and nodded.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the beginning, Zuko and Lillian sent letters every week, then it became once every month, then every 4 months, now it was almost never.

As the years passed Lillian has become a master at fire bending, she was the best her Grandpa had ever seen even for the age of 14. Lillian was also a fully grown Angel, she had been to the sky temple and met many people just like her. She was considered the strongest out of all of them, so her mission was that if the Avatar ever returned she would be the one to protect them. But she never knew how bumpy the road for her destiny would be.

Zuko has been living his life at the palace and was going to attend his first war meeting in an hour. He couldn't wait. Being at the age of 15 and the future Fire Lord he needed to know everything about his nation in order to become the best Fire Lord ever, but he never knew what would happen to him that fateful day.

7 years have passed since the Prince and the Angel have seen each other and 3 years since they last spoke to one another. Lillian believed that Zuko had forgotten about her and that he didn't want to socialise with anyone of her class. Zuko thought that Lillian was angry at him for speaking to her father. But the duo never could expect how their lives were going to change for the better...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everybody.

Yes, I know the ages are not to the story but this is a fanfiction, 😉

We won't be in the series plot for the next few chapters, because remember Zuko was banished for 2 and a half years before he found Aang.

So please vote and leave a comment. Thank you to everyone for reading.