General for the Crew?

It was late in the afternoon when Lillian returned home. She opened the door slowly and sneaked in, as she tip toed to the hall way something shifted behind her, she turned with her hands up in defense. "You shot lightning??? General Iroh messed tea on my lap!" Ping stood with his arms crossed. Lillian started to giggle "Oh grandpa, it's just tea."Lillian said as she turned to make her way to her room.

"Not so fast Fire Lilly!"Ping said as he grabbed Lillian by the arm as he led her to the courtyard. "I want 20 laps around the courtyard, 50 knuckle punches at the totem, and 1 hour balance on the beam with 4 buckets of mud!"

"What? For what?"Lillian gasped in shock

"You shot lightning off the CLIFF SIDE!"Ping yelled.

"So? I don't see the problem, relieve of stress as you would say?" Lillian sang.

"Should I make it 30 laps?"Ping raised his eyebrow.

Lillian crossed her arms over her chest and rolled her eyes, "Fine!"

"Good! Such amazing ears you have that actually work!"Ping said as he patted Lillian on her head as he turned around to get the buckets of mud.

"Cranky old man..."Lillian whispered under her breath.

"20 Hot squats too!" Ping said over his shoulder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Ping returned with the buckets he sat at the Pai Sho table and watched Lillian as she began her laps. With each time she passed him she felt her shoulders burn more, the urge to release her wings were consuming her, but she couldn't there were too many eyes. As Ping placed the tiles read, General Iroh came out and sat at the table with a pot of tea, he watched in amazement at Lillian's speed when she ran. Iroh raised an eyebrow at Ping, "Is she being punished by... running?" Ping grunted as Lillian was on her 15th lap "She needs to learn when and where is the best time to use lightning, she is reckless and over confident!"As Ping said those words Lillian skied as she stopped to look at her grandpa, "Excuse me? Your the one who trained me! Your the over confident one!"Lillian huffed as she took in a deep breath. "You still have 20 hot squats and 50 knuckle punches Fire Lilly. "Ping said as he sipped his tea. Iroh looked between the two before Lillian stormed off to the totem, "Why do you believe she is over confident old friend? She is very strong but I don't think that will cloud her judgement. "Iroh said as he placed his lotus tile in the center. "She is a hothead, never thinking about the consequences and always over doing things, she is going to end up injuring more people than helping them!"Ping finished by placing his dragon tile opposite of Iroh's lotus. "And when that happens you must trust her to make the right decisions, if you have trained her then she knows what is right and wrong."Iroh said with a wise smile. Lillian has snapped all the ropes on the totem and started with her hot squats as she started she noticed Iroh smiling at her with a wide grin. Lillian didn't feel tired at all, but now came her least favorite thing to do.... the balance beam. Lillian placed the 4 buckets of mud on the pole and placed it behind her neck. As she stood on the pole closed her eyes and started her breathing exercises, she listened to the breeze as it blew through the trees. Ping watched Lillian as she stood there with a huge weight on her shoulders, she was strong and could do incredible things but she was his little Fire Lilly, when he looks at her he still see the little girl in the bundle of blankets that the fire sage handed to him. I have to let her go...

An hour had passed and Lillian tossed the buckets aside. "Well done, you may now go do as you please Lillian."Ping said as he and Iroh moved their Pai sho game inside.

Lillian growled and then fell on her back and placed her arm over her face. She laid in the sun allowing her skin to absorb the heat .

Someone walked up to where Lillian lay, as the person's shadow fell over Lillian she groaned, "I'm sorry I shot lightning Grandpa, I wont do it again, now please... Can I just rest before I do anything else?"

There was only silence, Lillian lifted her arm to see if it was her grandpa, it wasn't. Lillian sat up with her elbows "Can I help you?" Lillian whispered. The person that stood before her was tall and slightly muscular, he had a bald head with a tiny block of hair that was tied into a pony tail, and over his left eye was a bandage. "Listen dude, I don't know what your looking for but please go block someone else's sun light." Lillian said as she placed her arm over her eyes again. The guy didn't move or say anything instead he just stood there. Lillian got up with her back facing him, "Ok, no more alone time I guess, so who are yo----" Lillian turned and gazed into a golden eye. Lillian stood straight and looked at the young man, nothing was said between them, just silent stares. Lillian decided to take the first move, she placed her hands in the traditional way and bowed, "Hello Prince Zuko, it's been too long."Lillian said in an emotionless tone. Zuko stood and started at her before he stepped closer to her, "Hello Lillian, it's good to see you too."Lillian raised her head and stared at his bandage before trying to speak, but nothing came out... 'Fire Lord Ozai did that to his own son? What did Zuko do?' Zuko stiffened under Lillian's gaze before he walked passed her to go inside the main house. Lillian watched him walk away and recalled what her Grandpa had said about Zuko coming to her when he is ready.

As Zuko walked in Lillian followed shorlt after, she walked in just in time to hear her name, " Lillian is more than ready and is very skillful to command a crew, I trained her myself." Ping said to Zuko as he stood in the corner, Iroh looked up and smiled at Lillian, "ah, there you are my dear, How would you like to be third in command on our ship while traveling the world?" Iroh asked Lillian as if it was nothing, she looked towards Zuko to see if he would have anything against it but said nothing. Lillian nodded at General Iroh and bowed "It will bring me great pleasure to assist the Prince and Dragon of the West on their journey." Iroh clapped his hands "Wonderful! We leave in 3 days! Be packed and ready!" Lillian nodded before making her way out to the garden where Kasai laid.

Zuko clenched the rails of the balcony until his knuckle's turned white, gazing at the ocean trying to remember those memories made so long ago....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finito!

haha comment and vote please!