The Open Ocean

It's been a week since Lillian left home and 3 days that she has been on the ship. The men on the ship were not fond of the idea having a woman as their General. Lillian leaned over the side of the ship gazing at the never ending ocean. "It's so beautiful out here, I could stare at it forever!" Lillian admired as she sighed and rested her chin on her hand. "You will get tired of it soon my Dear, how about some tea?" Iroh said as he lifted his tea pot. "General Iroh, I have read about the spirits that protect and haunt the oceans, do you think we will encounter any of them?" Lillian asked as she sat on the edge with her back to the ocean. The mist of the water tickling her bare back where some scars were visible. "I Have had my share with spirits and do not wish to cross paths with them anytime soon." Iroh said as a small laugh escaped his lips. Lillian swung her body so that her legs were hanging over the side of the ship. "hmmmmm, I just want to jump in!" Lillian said as she closed her eyes and laid her head back allowing her long braid to fall back. Iroh laughed at her and then turned to view the ocean as well. "It is an magnificent site, who knows maybe you will encounter a spirit." Lillian looked at Iroh and smiled at the old man, "General Iroh... Is it true that you visited the spirit world?" Iroh smiled and turned around, "My dear, I have seen many-"

"Uncle Iroh! Lillian!" Zuko's voice filled the air.

"Peace time over!" Lillian mumbled to Iroh as Zuko walked up to them.

Iroh snickered at Lillian.

"Enough! Captain Lee has informed me that the quickest way to the Western Air temple will be to continue North-west." Zuko huffed

"But I told Captain Lee that we should Just continue West? This way we will avoid Rockery's pass." Lillian argued

"I agree with Lillian Prince Zuko, that part of the ocean is haunted by the spirit Kaiyo. She is a merciless spirit and does not appreciate any aggression in her waters." Iroh added in a worried voice.

Lillian watched as Zuko stared at Iroh with rage, "We will continue North-West, and that's and order!" Zuko shouted.

"There is no need to yell, we were simply giving you our opinion and you really should cal-"

"KNOW YOUR PLACE LILLIAN!!!" Zuko yelled in her face.

"Excuse me? I thought I was General of YOUR crew. A leader does not lead innocent men to be sacrificed to an OCEAN spirit!" Lillian shouted as she stood in front of Zuko with her arms crossed over her chest.

Lillian and Zuko stared at each other, Zuko clenched his fists and released fire as he stormed away, "Captain! Continue North- WEST!!!" Zuko yelled to the tower. Captain Lee looked down and smirked at Lillian. Iroh walked towards Lillian, he could feel the heat radiating off of her. "The spirits will not be happy..." Lillian nodded in agreement before she went to her room. Lillian slammed the door which frightened Kasai, he hissed at her before laying back down. "Know your place Lillian! Captain Lee said this, Captain Lee said that! Blah Blah Blah! Hooray for Captain Lee!!" Lillian said as she threw her arms in the air and paced her room. "How am I suppose to prove myself if Zuko doesn't give me a chance?" Lillian looked at Kasai and frowned "WELL???" Kasai grunted and placed his paw over his face. Lillian fell flat onto her bed, "yeah... I agree..." Lillian closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep, but she couldn't. So instead she stared at the ceiling, 'I wonder why the spirit Kaiyo only attacks men? Why doesn't she harm woman?'

Iroh sat peacefully in his room meditating. There was a light knock on his door before it creaked open. "General Iroh? May I bother you for a moment? I have some tea." Iroh smiled at the young girl, she walked in and placed the tea pot on the table. The sweet aroma filled his room. "mmmm Jasmine" Iroh sniffed. "What's on your mind my dear?" Lillian took a seat across from Iroh and poured the tea into two cups. " I um... Have a question about the spirit Kaiyo." Iroh raised his eyebrow before placing his tea cup down. "Why the sudden interest?" Lillian shot up and blushed, "I uh... um, I have always found it interesting to read about the spirits and the um..." Lillian stuttered "Angels?" Iroh finished. Lillian's face filled with shock. "What would you like to know about her?" Iroh ignored her reaction and got straight to the point. Lillian nodded "Why does the spirit Kaiyo only attack men? I mean... I have never heard anything about her harming any woman?" Iroh closed his eyes for a while, "It's because she uses the woman to attack the men... She casts an illusion upon the woman and they believe that they are in grave danger." Lillians eyes widened in shock. "But why?" Iroh began...