Finale

A/N Please note that this chapter has spoilers from the after story comics.

The gang sat together in the jasmine dragon. Sokka sat at the end of the room painting as the others relaxed. Lillian sat beside Iroh and admired him as he played the tsungi horn. Katara and Suki were playing pai sho. Aang fed momo and Kasai litchi nuts and Toph laid back with her legs up. Lillian smiled when Zuko placed down their tea and helped him hand out to all their friends. "Zuko, Lillian! Stop moving! I'm trying to capture the moment." Sokka said dramatically gaining everyone's attention, "Aww that's so sweet of you Sokka, wait a minute, why do I have momo's ears?" Katara gasped. Lillian raised a brow, "Those are your hair loopies." Lillian giggled but choked when she noticed Sokka had given her lightning bolts as wings, "What are those?" Lillian growled, "It's your flaming wings of death." Sokka gestured, "Well at least you don't look like a porcupine!" Zuko complained, "Well, I think you all look great!" Toph exclaimed. The whole room erupted with laughter, "Sure pebble, thanks for that." Lillian ruffled Toph's hair, "Hey!"

Zuko's eyes fell soft as he met Lillian's relaxed crimson eyes. Lillian winked at him before walking over to the kitchen, "Hey Zuko! Can we have some more tea?" Sokka called, "I've got it!" Lillian said slipping behind the counter to the back, "I'll help!!" Zuko rushed quickly. Iroh shook his head, "The tea may be a while..." Iroh smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lillian stood on her toes as she reached for the jasmine leaves. Zuko wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into his chest, "Zuko!" Lillian giggled. Zuko rested his chin on Lillian's shoulder and flutter kissed up towards her ear, "Glad we can finally be alone." Zuko growled. Lillian rolled her eyes, "We were alone this morning when you rushed out late for your meeting with Captain Lee." Lillian smirked. Zuko snuggled into her long hair, "mmm, but your leaving for the temple tomorrow." Zuko spun Lillian around to face him, "Who knows when we'll see each other again." Zuko's voice softened. Lillian became silent, "But, I'm sure I'll see you for your birthday." Zuko added, "It's a date. Are you sure you want to come to the temple? I mean I could- hmmf!" Zuko silence Lillian with a hungry kiss, "I am coming to the temple, besides, I haven't been to a prober ball since I was 10, so it may be enjoyable." Lillian nodded, "and you can bet you're wings on the fact that we will all be there too!" Sokka burst through the door, "Yeah, I want to dress up and attend a ball too!" Suki cheered, "Guys! C'mon, the fireworks are going to start soon!" Shane called from the shops entrance. Aang ran outside, "What better way to see fireworks than in the sky?!" Aang hopped onto Appa, "Uh... no thanks..." The three tenshi's cowered back into the shop. Zuko gave Lillian stern look, "Um, flying and fire doesn't go well together." Lillian said, "Don't care, your coming!" Zuko grabbed Lillian at her waist and Toph bent them onto Appa.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sky was lit with the flames from the fireworks, "wow, it's beautiful..." Lillian sighed as she leaned against Zuko, "Yes, you are." Whispered Zuko pulling Lillian closer, "What's wrong?" Lillian noticed that Zuko was off but she didn't want to pry knowing that he would come to her if something was bothering him, "I, uhm... I need to speak with Aang..." Lillian was worried, whatever Zuko needed to discuss with Aang was bothering him.

"Aang... I need to ask you a favour." Zuko shifted away from Lillian, "Anything Zuko!" Aang smiled as still watched the display, "I went to see my father in prison..." Lillian's eyes widened, "What? When!" Lillian gasped, "If anything happens... and you see me becoming my father, I want you to end me..." Zuko said sternly. Aang gulped and looked over to Lillian pleading for help, but she was just as shocked as he was, "Zuko, you are not Ozai..." Aang began, "I know, but his blood runs through my veins, I need to know that if ever anything happens to me that there will be a safety net to carry out the actions to heal this world. I need you to be that safety net." Zuko's eyes gleamed, "I uh..." Aang looked over to Katara who nodded, "Yes, I promise." Aang whispered. Lillian placed her hand on Zuko's, "I'll be there too... No matter what" Lillian whispered placing a sweet kiss on Zuko's lips. Zuko blushed slightly, "Thank you."