Chapter 17

Landon's POV
All weekend I was super sore from football practice but it was worth it because I made varsity.

Today was Monday and I did not want to get up and Brody was insisting that I do.

"Landon get up." Brody said shaking me.

"No! I think I'm sick." I lie.

"Not you're not. Just get up or you're gonna be late." Brody tells me.

"No! I don't want to." I whine.

"Seriously Landon I'm not in the mood." Brody says sternly.

"Then leave me alone. I'm not going to school." I say trying to fall back asleep. Brody gets tired of arguing with me and picks me up. He takes me downstairs and sets my at the table.

"Eat, then you need to get dressed." He tells me giving me French toast. But I was feeling difficult and I went to the couch to fall asleep. As soon as I was drifting off Brody came in and ruined it.

"Landon don't make me force feed you and dress you like I would do to a baby." He threatens.

"No! Go away!" I yell.

"If you don't get up now you're going to be grounded for another week." He told me.
I just got ungrounded yesterday from my bus report and I really don't feel like getting grounded again.

"Fine." I grumble and go to the table and eat breakfast.

"Landy hurry up and get dressed." Noah said to me. I ran to my room and threw on Nike shorts with a grey vans shirt.

"Who's taking me to school?" I ask running down the stairs.

"I will. Get in my truck." Brody tells me. I grab my bag and walk to Brody's truck. Ever since I turned 12 they finally let me sit in the front seat!

"Alright do you have everything?" Brody asks starting the car.

"Yep!" I answer as he drives to my school.

"Bye! Have a good day. Don't get another detention." Brody tells me as I get out of the truck.

I walked to my locker to grab my math book when Kenzi ran up to me.

"Landon!! They are doing school president this week! You have to run!" She tells me excitedly.

"What do I have to do?" I ask her.

"Umm I'm not sure. But there's and assembly over it today." She says. "You should definitely do it, you would win too! You're the most popular guy in our school."

"It does sound fun! I'll think about it." I tell her.

The bell rings shortly after and we head to math. It's only the second day of school but I already have two pages of math homework and I guessing I will get some in all of my classes today.

The morning went by slowly just lectures and homework. I think so far I have 3 hours of homework. After lunch is the assembly about the president election and I'm genuinely excited. Brody was the president in high school but he said it was too much work and dropped out.

At lunch all my friends were telling me to run for president and it was very convincing. I would love to be president. I see myself as a leader and being president would just be sick!

As I was walking to the auditorium a group of girls came up to me.

"Hey Landon! I heard you were running for president! We can assure you, you have our votes!" They smiled. Wow! I haven't even signed up yet and people already want to vote for me!