Chapter 53

Marks POV
I've been home for a couple of days. My work trip ended sooner than I thought, so I had some time to spend with my boys. Unfortunately, I won't be able to join them at the lake house for spring break. I've had to fire many people in my company recently and I have to train new ones.

The boys were all at school. I was sitting in my office looking over resumes trying to find the best candidates. My phone started ringing and I thought it would be my work, but was surprised when I saw it was Landon's school.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mr. Moore, I'm Mrs. Roberson the principal at Landon's school. I'm sorry to bother you, but I have some concerns about Landon." She started.

"Ok, what are they?" I wondered. I thought he was doing well in school.

"Landon seems to be having some trouble paying attention in class, which is affecting his grade. In history if he doesn't get an A on the semi final then he won't pass the class." She told me. I was shocked. I didn't know this was happening.

"Ok thanks for calling me. I assure you that I will get it under control."

"Ok thanks. Landon is a very bright young student and I just want the best for him. Thanks for your time. Have a good afternoon." She hung up.

I sat there thinking for a while. Landon is usually very good in class and doesn't have problems failing his classes.

I went to the school website and checked his grades. They all seemed fine except history. He's was at a D-. I'm not sure what's wrong with him, but once he gets home we're having a chat.

I continued working until I heard the door open. It would probably be Noah and Brody. Their school gets out 10 minutes earlier.

I walked into the kitchen where I saw them getting a drink.

"How was school?" I asked.

"It sucked ass! I have a ton of finals tomorrow." Noah groaned.

"I expected you to study hard then." I told him.

"Dad, I don't want to study!" Noah complained.

"Then I guess you can be grounded along with your brother." I told him.

"Brody's grounded?" Noah asked looking at me then Brody.

"No." Brody said confused.

"Your other brother." I told them, making them nod their heads in understanding.

"What did Landon do?" Brody asked curiously.

"Apparently he's failing history." I told them.

"Wait, really?" Brody asked.

"Yes, the school called me. I guess he disrupts the class too."

"Your perfect little angel isn't so perfect anymore." Noah commented.

"I know he's not perfect. He's just the youngest." I told them. I do go a little easier on Landon then the older two. There's just something about punishing your youngest child. It's always seems more difficult. Landon used to always cry when he got in trouble, which made me feel bad, but he can't always have what he wants.

"I even asked him every night if he had homework and he never seemed to have history." Brody told me. "I would of helped him if he'd ask."

We continued to talk about Landon and the upcoming trip until Landon got home.

He walked through the door and threw his bag on the ground.

"Landon come here." I told him.

He walked over to us in the kitchen.