Chapter 89

Landon's POV
Today is the 4th of July. My dad always has a barbecue party with fireworks. He invites a lot of his friends and neighbors, while my brothers invites tons of their friends too. Since yesterday I got in trouble with my dad he won't let me invite anyone, which I'm mad about.

"Brody, can you make dad change his mind please?" I begged him.

"Why me?" He asked as he was sitting on his bed.

"Cause you're his favorite!" I told him.

"I'm pretty sure you are," He laughed. "What made dad mad anyways?"

"I was kicking around a ball downstairs and it knocked over a lamp and then hit dad in the face," I chuckled slightly. Even though I did get in trouble it was still super funny.

"Awe man, I bet he was pissed," Brody shook his head.

"Yeah, he was. So are you going to help me?" I asked.

"No, dad won't change his mind and asking him too will only make it worse," Brody told me. He was right, but that won't stop me.

I left Brody's room and went downstairs. My dad was sitting in the recliner on his phone.

"Daddddd," I dragged out, sitting down on his lap.

"What?" He asked, setting his phone down.

"Please, please, please, can I invite friends to the party?" I asked and he sighed.

"No, you can play with the neighbors. They're coming," He told me.

"I don't like our neighbors though!" I complained. They were terrible. They had twin girls who were obsessed with me.

"You're going to be nice and play with them," Dad said sternly.

"Whatever," I grumbled and got off his lap.

I went into the kitchen and I heard my dad call Brody downstairs. I couldn't hear what they were saying.

Brody walked by the kitchen with his keys in his hand.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"To get some fireworks," He told me.

"Can I come?" I asked. I loved getting fireworks.

"Yeah, sure, go get your shoes," Brody instructed. I nodded and ran to my room and slipped on my slides.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yeah."

We went to his jeep and he started driving to the closest firework stand.

"We're not getting a lot cause dad is already getting a ton shipped to our house tonight," Brody told me.

My dad always hires people to set off the fireworks so we can all enjoy them. But my brothers and I still like buying a few and setting them off on our own.

"I want smoke bombs!" I told him as we arrived at the fireworks stand.

"Those are baby fireworks," Brody teased me.

"Shut up!" I yelled at him and put some in the basket.

We walked around, making sure to look at everything. We filled the basket up and went to check out.

"That'll be $1,037," The lady told us. Brody's eyes widened. Dad said only to get a few. But Brody did buy the most expensive fireworks.

"Shit," Brody mumbled as he swiped his card.

They handed us 10 bags full of our stuff and we brought them back to the truck.

"Dad's gonna be pissed," Brody told me. I sighed and leaned back in my seat. My dad was already mad at me.

We arrived home and my dad was outside setting up. He came over and helped us bring in the fireworks.

"How many did you guys get?" He asked surprised.

"A few," Brody shrugged.

"Let me see that receipt now!" My dad said sternly.

Brody handed it over slowly. My dad took a quick look, then his eyes filled with anger.

"I said a few!"

"I only wanted the smoke bombs! Brody got the rest," I sold Brody out.

"Brody Nicholas Moore," My dad glared at him and Brody glared at me.

"We'll talk about this later," My dad sighed and walked away. Brody shoved me and went to his room.

I went and sat on the couch until the BBQ started.

Everyone was in the backyard sitting in lawn chairs and eating.

I got my plate that consisted of a hamburger, watermelon, and some chips. I was walking to my chair when I passed Brody who tripped me, making me fall and drop my food.

"I hate you!" I yelled at him, as he and his friends were laughing at me.

"Don't snitch on me next time you little shit!" He smirked.

"Landon be careful!" My dad yelled.

I got up and fixed another plate. I actually made it to my chair, that was by Noah, without spilling it.

"Hey, bub," Noah greeted me as I sat down. "I saw you fall, you ok?"

This was odd! Brody is being mean and Noah's being nice. They switched roles.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said and started eating.

I talked with Noah and his friends. They were super funny.

"I'm gonna go get cake you want some?" Noah asked me.

"Yes," I smiled.

He brought me back a huge piece.

"Don't tell dad," Noah laughed.

I ate it super fast and went back for more... well maybe this is my 4th piece but who's counting. It is 4th of July so I need to eat 4 of everything.

"Landon no more sugar!" I heard my dad yell.

"This is only my second piece!" I lied.

"Bring it to me now!" He said sternly. He was by Brody and I didn't want to go over there.

"Hurry up!"

I ran over to him, but Brody grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"What?" I asked. He smirked and shoved my face into the cake.

"Brody what the heck?!" I yelled and ran away from him.

"I'll help you get cleaned up, c'mon," Noah told me, as I hear Brody getting yelled at by my dad.

We went inside and Noah washed my face off.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"No problem, now let's go outside. They're about to set off the fireworks!"

I followed him out and sat on his lap cause Brody took my chair.

We watched fireworks for a while, then I started getting tired.

"You can go to sleep. I'll take you to bed when they're done," Noah whispered to me. I nodded and cuddled into his neck.

A while later I felt someone place me on my bed and change me. I was too tired to help them so I fell back to sleep.