Chapter 45

Brody's POV
My brothers and I were sitting on the couch watching tv when my dad texted me.

Dad- I have important news to tell you. It's about your mom, so call me.

I immediately texted back saying ok. I was kind of worried to what it may be. Not a lot of people really know what happened to our mom because we don't like talking about it.

"Noah come here." I told him and he followed me into the kitchen.

"What's up?" He asked.

"I need you to take Landon out. I have to talk to dad about something and I don't want him hearing." I said. We try not to talk to Landon about our mom because she was a awful person.

"What are you talking to dad about?" He asked curiously.

"Mom. I'll tell you everything later." I told him. He immediately nodded and went to get Landon.

"Landon c'mon!" Noah yelled. Landon walked into the kitchen confused.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"You wanna get frozen yogurt?" Noah asked him.

"Sure!" He smiled and went to get his shoes.

Once they left I went upstairs to my room and got my computer out and FaceTimed my dad.

"Hi Brody!" He half smiled. I could tell he was stressed.

"So what did you need to talk to me about?"

"Your mother is getting out of jail." He said. I felt like I wanted to throw up. My mom was a terrible person, but let me start from the beginning.

When I was growing up she was a great mom. She was sweet, funny and was a great cook. When Noah was born she was still the best mom I could ask for. She was so loving and it's hard to believe she ended up in jail. But next Landon was born and that's when everything went downhill. A couple months after he was born she would never be home. She would come and go at crazy hours. My dad figured out she was cheating on him. When he confronted her about she denied it, by my dad had proof. He immediately wanted a divorce, but she didn't. She started doing drugs and that's when she really became crazy.

She would alway try to see my brothers and I, but my dad didn't allow it. She would show up at my school and visit me and the same with Noah. One day while Landon was at daycare she went and took him. The daycare immediately knew he was gone and they called my dad. They described the lady that took him and my dad knew who it was. He called the police and took Noah and I out of school before she had the chance to take us as well.

A couple hours later they found Landon and my mom. They were at her new boyfriends house. I remember the house, it was a drug house. I was seven at the time and Landon was barley one. I was scared and confused. I didn't know why my mom suddenly changed for the worse, but my dad explained it. Drugs make a person for from good to bad quickly.

My mom was arrested and charged with kidnapping and possession of drugs. She was sentenced to 15 years in prison. It was hard on my dad, but he never showed it. He was still a great dad and still is, but he likes working.

Landon still has a hard time understanding it. He thinks it's his fault my mom was that way, but it's not.

"It's hasn't been 15 years! How is she getting out?" I asked.

"Apparently for good behavior." My dad sighed and ran a hand threw his hair.

"So what do we do?" I asked.

"You need to keep a close eye on your brothers. Don't let them out of your sight. I'm trying to get a restraining order against her, but it might take some time." He said.