Chapter 30

Landon's POV
School just got out for Christmas break and I was super excited! I'm still not sure if my dad is coming home. He usually does so I'm planning on him coming. I got off the bus and ran to my front door. Both my brothers trucks were in the driveway, so they were both home. I wish they would drive me home from school but they say it's too much work and it's easier for me to ride the bus. Once I walk inside I threw my book bag on the ground and yelled, "CHRISTMAS BREAK HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED!!"

I made my way into the kitchen where I would most likely find my brothers because they're pigs.

"Well that was quite the entrance." Brody told me.

"Yep! So what are we gonna do this year big bros?" I asked. Usually we take a trip somewhere. Last year we went on a cruise.

"Dad booked us skiing in Colorado." Brody said. I've only been skiing once and I was super young so I'm excited to try it again. "But I have some bad news." He and Noah both looked nervous to tell me.

"Umm what?" I asked not knowing if I really wanted to hear it or not. Brody guided me into the living room to sit on the couch before he would tell me.

"Well dad said he wouldn't be able to come home for Christmas." Brody said patting my back. It took me a few seconds to comprehend what he said.

"What? Are you serious?" I asked raising my voice.

"Yeah sorry buddy." Noah told me about ready to hug me but I darted to my room. I'm pissed at my dad. The only chances I get to see him are at holidays and now he's not even gonna show up. We already have plenty of money so I don't know what his obsession is. I wanted to have a great Christmas break with my whole family like it usually is but my dad always has to ruin it. I slammed my door shut and started throwing pictures frames and clothes everywhere completely destroying my room. I've never had this much anger inside me before. I was yelling and crying an absolute mess. After awhile I got tired and calmed down a little and that's when Brody came in.

"Hey bud." He said opening my door. He's eyes grew wide at the mess I made. "Oh wow, you sure destroyed this room."

I looked down at my bloody knuckles not sure what to say. He's probably in shock because I've never acted like this before.

"Let's get you cleaned up." Brody told me. I followed him into his bathroom where he kept all the medical stuff.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"It's ok. I know you're upset about dad but we will still have a blast. Just don't ever do that again." He told me. He got all the medical supplies out and started cleaning my hands and let me tell you that stings like a bitch... oh I mean butt!

"Ow Brody that stings!" I whine.

"Sorry bud, almost done." He said finishing up.

"So do you think Kenzi can come over today?" I asked. We leave soon and I want to see her before we go.

"Yeah, but I have to go do some shopping so you're gonna have to stay with Noah." He told me. He's probably going to get our Christmas presents. I still need to get some for my brothers and Kenzi. They're always so hard to shop for. We already have everything we want because my dad bribes us with gifts instead of spending time with us.

I went downstairs to tell Noah that Kenzi was coming over and he said it was fine but he was having a girl come over too.

"We'll be upstairs just don't bother us." He told me sternly. Ew. That probably means they're doing the nasty! I know my brothers have both had sex before. I've walked in on Brody and I'm still scarred. They tell me if they ever catch me doing it before I'm 18 I'm dead.