Chapter 36

Landon's POV
Today I got asked to go to the winter dance by an 8th grader named Shelby. I wasn't planning on going until she asked me, but I guess it's a good way to get over Kenzi. I don't really like Shelby but she's a good friend and really fun to hang out with. This is my first dance and I'm pretty clueless on what to do, and to make it even worse it's a formal dance and I hate dressing up!

"So Landon, I heard you got asked to the dance today." Brody said interrupting me while I was watching tv.

"Yeah." I told him with my eyes glued to the tv. I was watching the walking dead and it was way more important than talking to Brody.

Brody grabbed the remote from my hands and turned the tv off.

"Brody! I was watching that!" I complain.

"And I was trying to talk to you!" He told me.

"Fine, what?" I asked with a sigh. He needs to hurry up with this conversation because I want to get back to my show.

"Tell me about the girl who asked you." He said plopping down on the couch beside me.

"Her name is Shelby." I tell him very vaguely. I was not in the mood for a conversation. I was in the mood to watch tv.

"Really Landon? That's all you're gonna tell me!" Brody said annoyed.

"Yeah. Can you leave now? I wanna watch my show." I asked.

"Oh my gosh! I can't deal with you right now. We're having a conversation later!" He stated as he left the room.

Once he left I started to turn on the tv but noticed Brody took the remote with him. I sighed with annoyance and went to retrieve it. I walked right into his room and asked, "Can I have the remote?"

"Nope, not till you talk to me about Shelby." He smirked. I don't know why he wanted to know all this stuff but he could of at least waited till I was done watching tv.

I rolled my eyes and left his room and went to Noah's. Hopefully he would let me watch his tv.

I knocked on his door, knowing he gets mad when I just walk in.

"Come in." He said from the other side of the door.

I walked in and he wasn't watching his tv thankfully.

"Can I watch your tv, please?" I asked with a smile. I always have to suck up to them if I want anything.

"What's wrong with the one downstairs?" He asked.

"Brody took the remote and won't give it back." I complained.

"I guess so. But just for a little bit. I don't want you bothering me all day." He told me and I rolled my eyes. They always say I bother them but I don't think I do.

I grabbed his remote and watched the episode of the walking dead.

"Ok, you can leave now." Noah said as soon as the episode ended.

I went to my room and Shelby started texting me about the dance. She said I needed to get her a corsage, but I have no clue what that is. I didn't want to ask her because she would probably think I'm stupid so I just told her I would get it.

I decided now was a good time to talk to Brody about it. He would probably know what a corsage is because he's been to tons of dances.

"Brody, what's a corsage?" I asked walking into his room.

"You don't know what that is?" He asked laughing.

"No, I've never been to a dance." I tell him.