Chapter 27

Brody's POV

This morning Noah and I had Saturday football practice that Landon had to tag along with. Let's just say he was not a happy camper about that this morning.

"I'm not going with you guys! Jake is coming over here." He states grumpily.

"No you're not. You have to come with us." I tell him.

He has been arguing with me all morning and last night about hanging out with Jake but I'm not letting them stay alone together at home. Two twelve years old boys home alone for hours that love to cause trouble sounds awful to me!

"Why?" He asked, rolling his eyes.

"Because I said so." I said simply.

"That's not even a good answer! He's coming over and you can't stop us." He yells, thinking he can do what ever he wants now.

"Ha! That's a good one! He can't come over and that's final." I say, laughing that he thinks we'll let him do whatever he wants.

"Brody we gotta go or we'll be late." Noah told me walking into the room with his football bag in hand.

"Alright. Landon get in the truck." I tell him.

"No." He argues.

"Landon I can't argue with you anymore you're gonna make us late. Get in the truck now!" I say sternly. He crosses his arms, defiance showing in his stance.

"No." He states again.

"Landon seriously stop being a pouty brat and get in the truck." Noah tells him annoyed.

Again Landon says no. Landon is the one of the most stubborn people I know and it drives me crazy. The only way to change his mind is by giving in or by physically making him. I try my best not to just smack him around, but trust me 80% of the time he probably deserves it.

"Fine." I say getting fed up with him. I walk over to him and throw him over my shoulder.

"Brody stop!" Landon thrashed around.

I ignored him and followed Noah to the truck quickly knowing we're already 10 minutes late due to Landon's meltdown. I sat him in the back seat and walked around to the front seat.

I began driving and noticed Landon sitting in the backseat pouting with his arms crossed with no seatbelt on. A couple years ago I had a close friend die from not wearing a seatbelt in the car so I always make sure everyone wears one.

"Landon put your seatbelt on." I tell him, looking at him through the rear view mirror. He turned his head to look at the window ignoring me. "Landon!"

"Noah can you put his seatbelt on?" I asked. He nodded.

He turned around and grabbed the seatbelt attempting to buckle it. But of course Landon has to be difficult.

"Noah stop!" Landon yells, pushing his arm away.

"Landon you need to be safe." Noah said after giving Landon a nice slap on the head.

"Ow! Stop being a jerk!" Landon whines.

"I'm not being a jerk! If you would listen the first time things like this wouldn't happen." Noah said finally buckling the seatbelt.

The rest of the ride was quiet. Noah and Landon both played on their phones. Noah was getting really fed up with Landon and if Landon continued he might blow up and I'm trying to avoid that. So a silent car ride was fine with me.

We soon arrived at the school 15 minutes late and coach would not be happy at all.

"Landon wait on the bleachers for us and don't move." I told him.