Chapter 51

Landon's POV
I just got done with my basketball practice, so I walked to the high school to meet my brothers. Brandon and Jake were also coming with to meet their brothers. We walked a couple of blocks, while joking and talking.

When we arrived we walked to the gym. The high school practice last 30 minutes longer than ours. I would usually ride the late bus home, but they didn't have one today.

I saw Noah shooting a three, and right before he shot Brody smacked it away.

"AIRBALL!" I yelled and everyone laughed.

"Shut up!" Noah told me.

Jake, Brandon, and I put our book bags down on the bleachers. We went and stood by the coach. I really like him. I can't wait till I'm in high school.

"Hey boys!" Coach greeted us. He was a real friendly guy. He always told me I was his favorite kid.

"Hi coach!" I smiled back.

"Should we make them run?" He asked me. When I was there during basketball practice I was always his assistant coach.

"Just a little." I told him. I didn't want to make my brothers mad at me. Last time they ran a mile and as soon as we got home they yelled at me.

"Take a lap!" Coach yelled.

"Landon I'm gonna kill you!" Noah shouted at me.

"It's only one lap!" I laughed at how mad he was. When he ran past me he bumped my shoulder almost sending me to the floor.

After they ran the lap coach called them over.

"Since it's Friday I'll let practice out early if someone can make a full court shot."

All the guys lined up. Lucas went first and he air balled it. Up next was Brody and he was close. It hit the backboard, but didn't go in. Noah was a little off as well.

All the guys went and none of them made it.

"You want to try?" Coach asked me.

"Sure." I was still dressed in my practice clothes and shoes.

I went to the other side of the court and dribbled the ball.

"Don't miss!" Brody teased me. I rolled my eyes.

I was concentrated. I blocked out all the guys and focused on the basket. I dribbled the ball once more, then took the shot. I used all my strength to get the ball across the court and it actually went in. I was shocked.

"HOLY SHIT!" Brody yelled.

"You need to hurry up and get to high school! I want you on my team!" Coach told me.

"Dang Brody! Your little brother is a beast!" I heard a cheerleader shout. They were all on the side lines practicing. They were all super hot too!

"I can't believe I actually made that!" I said to no one and in particular.

"Since Landon made the shot I guess you can all leave early." Coach told them. They all started shouting and someone picked me up and put me on their shoulder.

"Jay put my brother down!" Brody yelled. Oh Jay! I remember them talking about him. He was a big druggy and my brothers didn't like him, but he was pretty amazing at basketball.

"Fine." He sighed and went to set me down. He picked me up, but didn't have a good enough grip and he dropped me.

"Ow!" I held my head that just slammed against the floor.