Chapter 87

Brody's POV
The count down begins! I officially have two weeks until I leave for college. The only downside is Kaitlin isn't going to the same college as me. She decided to go out of state, but we are going to try to make things work.

"Hey, Brody?" Landon said, coming into my room.

"Hmm?" I asked, not really paying attention to him. He started talking, but I was too caught up in texting Kaitlin to actually listen to what he was saying.

"BRODY?" He yelled and jumped on my lap as I was laying in bed.

"What?" I asked, giving him my full attention now.

"Why weren't you listening to me?" He groaned.

"I was busy, but what do you want?" I looked down at him, as he was still in my lap.

"Can I go to the park?" He asked. I was going to let him, but I kinda wanted to mess with him a little.

"Are you going to be doing drugs there?" I almost burst out laughing at his face.

"What? No!" He yelled shocked. I know Landon wouldn't ever do drugs, well at least not yet, and it better stay that way when he gets older.

"Really? Cause I heard some kids have been going to the park and getting high," I messed with him.

"Brody, I promise I won't! I just wanna play basketball!" He told me.

"Hmm, I feel like you're lying to me," I said to him.

"Bubba! I'm not!" He begged for me to believe him. I just couldn't hold my laughter back anymore and just burst out laughing. He looked up at me confused. He has no idea what was happening.

"What?" Landon asked.

"I was totally just messing with you," I told him.

"The whole time?" He gaped.

"Yes," I said, and chuckled some more.

"I hate you!" He tried to punch me as hard as he could, but didn't make much pain at all.

"Nuh huh! You lovvvve me!" I dragged out love, and pulled him in for a hug.

"Whatever, so can I go?" He asked, getting annoyed with me.

"Yeah, sure, be back in 3 hours though," I told him.

"Ugh," He complained.

"What? 3 hours is more than enough time."

"Not really," He mumbled.

"Well, I'm only giving you 3 hours, so deal with it," I told him, and he groaned.

"Fine, I'm leaving," Landon said and left.

A couple minutes later Noah barged into my room.

"Where's Landon?" He asked.

"The park," I responded, wondering why we wanted to know. He usually never cared where he was.

"Why?" I asked.

"He wanted me to help him with something," Noah said. He's been trying to be nicer to Landon since the incident.

"Well, looks like he ditched you," I laughed. Usually it's the other way around.

"He so thinks he's cooler than us," Noah told me, which I agree.

"Well, imma go enjoy being grounded in my room," Noah said and left. I chuckled, he's still in trouble for what he did to Landon.

While the house was actually quite, I decided to start working on some college paperwork that I have been avoiding. After finishing all that, it was close to the time when Landon should he coming home.