Chapter 37

Landon's POV
Today was Friday and school just ended for the day. I was outside sitting on a bench waiting for Noah to come pick me up. He actually agreed to take me home from school so I didn't have to ride the bus, which surprised me because he never does it.

I pulled out my phone checking Instagram and Twitter, but nothing really good was on there. Before I knew it I heard a horn honk and I looked up and saw Noah. I rushed to his truck not wanting to annoying him with waiting. My brothers always tell me I'm slow and it irritates them. I don't usually do it in purpose, but sometimes I do.

"Hey bud, how was school?" Noah asked me as I got into the front seat.

"Boring! Mr. Ramsey gave us a ton of homework." I groaned. Mr. Ramsey was my least favorite teacher. He's old and grouchy and never lets us do anything fun.

"Sucks for you." Noah laughed, showing no compassion.

"Jerk." I muttered loud enough for him to hear.

He jokingly punched me on the arm, but it still hurt.

"Ow!" I whine, clutching my throbbing arm.

He laughed and cranked the music up and started singing, but soon his mood changed.

"Fuck!" He swore, slamming his hands on the steering wheel. I looked at him confused as he pulled over.

"Why are you pulling over?" I asked. He turned down the blaring music and I heard police sirens.

"Stupid cops!" He yelled, reaching into the glove box to pull out his registration.

The cop slowly got out of his car and made his way to the driver side window. Noah rolled it down looking pissed.

"Sir, are you aware of what you did?" The cop asked.

"Umm... no." Noah answered. I watched them both nervously. I've never been in the car with anyone who has gotten pulled over.

"You were going 20 over the speed limit. I'm going to need your license and registration." He said. Noah pulled out his wallet and handing the cop what he asked for. He went back to the police car to do paper work or whatever they do.

"Are you gonna get arrested?" I asked Noah, not really sure what happens.

"No." He answers plainly.

"Then what's gonna happen?" I asked again.

"They'll give me a ticket." He responded.

Before I had a chance to asked him something else the cop came back with something in his hand, which I'm assuming is the ticket.

"Here's your ticket. Make sure you pay it in a month.  Now have a nice day and drive the speed limit." He told Noah.

"Yes sir, have a nice day too!" Noah said, rolling up his window.

"Woah! This is cool! I've never seen a ticket before." I said looking at it. It has so much of Noah's information on it. Where he lives, his weight, height, and even eye color.

"How is that cool? It's not good to get a ticket." Noah asked, still angry he got one.

"I don't know." I shrugged. I pulled out my phone about ready to post a picture of it when Noah grabbed it from my hands.

"Are you stupid? Brody would kill me if he saw it!" Noah glared at me.

"Hey! I'm not stupid! I didn't know." I said.

"I was nice enough to bring you home from school, so that means you can't tell Brody, or I will seriously hurt you." He threatens.

I wasn't planning on telling Brody, but now I was definitely not gonna tell him. When Noah gets angry it sucks being around him.