Chapter 91

Landon's POV
Tomorrow is Brody's birthday and I still haven't got him a gift. I know I can use my dad's credit card and buy him something big, but I kinda want to make it more special. I already have an idea, but  I can't drive so I need some help.

It was only Brody, Noah, and I home. My dad was out getting stuff ready for Brody's party so he couldn't help me.

I went to Noah's room, hoping he would help me.

"Hey, Noah?" I asked walking in. His door was already opened which was odd.

"Yeah, bud?" He questioned, looking towards me.

"I need help with something," I told him, closing the door so Brody wouldn't hear.

"What?" He wondered. I went and sat by him.

"Can you take me to the store so I can get Brody's gift?" I asked.

"Sorry buddy, I'm leaving soon," He said.

"Please, cmon! I really need help!" I begged him. He was like my only option.

"I really can't. Why did you wait till last minute?" He sighed.

"Cause I was trying to think of something good and I finally did! So please help!" I begged again. He turned and looked at me, while rolling his eyes.

"Stop asking, I'm busy," He said, annoyed. "I need to get ready so can you leave?"

I got up and went to my room, slamming my door. I laid down on my bed face first, sighing really big.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Bud, you ok?"

It was Brody. He walked in and sat beside me. I really wanted to tell him what's wrong, but I want the gift to be a secret.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Noah's just being a jerk like always," I told him and he chuckled.

"Yeah, he is always a jerk, isn't he?" Brody agreed with me. I laid back on my bed again and sighed.

"Well, I hope you figure it out. Come to my room if you need help," Brody told me, which is one of the things I love most about him. He doesn't really ever push me to do anything. He'll just support me no matter what.

"Ok, thanks," I said. He left my room and I was trying to think of people that could help. Then it came to my mind.

Kathy.

We've gotten pretty close these last few months. I'm really happy for my dad. She always tells me that whatever I need she'll help so I'm hoping she meant it.

I started calling her, not wanting to waste anymore time. And yes, I do have her number. We occasionally text. She likes to make sure that I'm taking care of and that my brothers aren't being too much of jerks.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Kathy! I know this is last minute, but I would love it if you could drive to me to the mall to get Brody's present? Noah won't," I told her.

"Yes, I can! Just give me about 30 minutes and I'll be over there," She said, making me sigh with relief. She's such a life savor.

We said our goodbyes and I started getting ready.  I heard Noah leave and Brody was in his room. I thought about just leaving, but then Brody would freak out when he notices I'm gone so I'm just gonna tell him.

I went in his room and he immediately noticed me.

"Sup, bud."

"Hey, uh, I'm going with Kathy soon," I told him. He looked at me weird and furrowed his eyebrows.