Chapter 57

Landon's POV
Today I had a basketball game and I was really excited. We're playing against the knights and they are really good. They are our biggest competition. I like playing against them because they challenge us. The usual teams we play against are just easy wins.

I was going to Noah's room to see if he was gonna come to my game tonight. I love when my brothers come to my games. They always give me pointers and help me become a even better player.

"Hey, Noah?" I said, walking into his room. He was folding his laundry and putting them in his drawers.

"Yeah?" He turned around and looked at me.

"Are you coming to my game today?" I asked him.

"Sorry bud, I can't," He told me making me frown. I never play my best when both my brothers aren't there. I guess they're just my good luck charm.

"Why not?" I asked sadly.

"I have this really important interview for school to go to," He told me. He has been stressing out about this interview for a while, but I just wish it wasn't the same day as my game.

"Can you reschedule?" I asked hopeful. I will literally try anything to make him go.

"I can't, but I wish I could," He said ruffling my hair. I was sad, but I knew the meeting was more important than my game.

"Ok, I'll miss you though," I told him.

"I know, but I want you to play amazing for me," He said, kissing my head.

I left his room sad and went downstairs to watch tv. I was in the middle of watching spongebob when Brody came down the steps.

"Hey, bud!" He happily said, sitting beside me.

"Hi," I said glumly.

"Why do you sound sad?" He asked.

"Noah can't come to my game today," I sighed.

"Yeah, he told me. I'm sorry," He pulled me into a hug. I didn't really hug back, but I let it happen. We sat there for a minute until Brody had to answer the phone. It turned out to be a telemarketer anyways.

Noah's POV
I know Landon is bummed about me not going to his game and I am too. I loved watching him play. He is such a great player and he's only 12! I can't imagine what he's gonna be like in high school.

I was preparing for my interview when my phone rang. It was from an unknown number, but I answered anyways.

"Hello,"

"Hi, Noah! This is Mr. Johnson. I'm from the school and I have to inform you that your interview is rescheduled for Wednesday due to a staff member being sick," He told me, making me smile.

"Oh, that's ok! Thanks for calling," I told him. We said our goodbyes and I hung up.

I was definitely thrilled the interview was rescheduled and I knew Landon would be too.

"Landon!" I yelled for him, wanting to give him the good news.

"What?" He asked.