Chapter 77

Brody's POV
My dad left yesterday and I was super glad. I love him being home, but not when he grounds me. Usually he just says I'm grounded but I never follow it cause he wouldn't be home.

Tomorrow Noah gets his wisdom teeth removed and I have to take him. He isn't happy about it one bit. But right now I was getting ready to go to the store to get him some food he could eat after the procedure.

"Landon, come on. We have to go to the store," I said, walking into his room.

"Are you gonna get me candy?" He asked.

"Nope."

"Then I'm not coming," He told me.

"Well Noah isn't home so you have to come," I said to him.

"But I'm busy," He complained, but he was literally doing nothing.

"No you're not. Now let's go," I ordered him

"I don't wanna..." He pouted.

"Don't care, now come on!" I told him.

"Fine..." He grumbled and got up.

He went to his closet and grabbed a sweatshirt, then followed me down the stairs.

"Why are we even going to the store?" Landon asked.

"Noah needs stuff to eat after his surgery," I told him, and he nodded.

We both got in my jeep. Landon grabbed my aux cord and plugged it into his phone. Normally I don't let him use it cause he plays bad music to annoy me.

"Play something good," I told him.

"Oh it will be," Landon smirked, which probably means it's gonna suck.

He turned the volume all the way up and play the first song. I immediately recognized it as Justin Bieber. Kaitlin loves him but I'm not a fan.

"Landon turn it off!" I yelled. He just grinned and turned the volume up higher. I reached over and grabbed his phone, pausing the song.

"Hey! That was a good song!" Landon complained.

"You don't even like Justin Bieber!" I said to him. He usually complains when his songs come on.

"Well, I like it because it annoys you!" He smiled.

"Yeah, I know you do. Such a brat," I muttered, jokingly.

"I don't like the term brat, I like super awesome better!" He informed me. I rolled my eyes and pulled into Walmarts parking lot.

"Brody! They have Girl Scout cookies!" Landon told me, and started running to them.

I held in a breath as he ran into traffic, not looking at all.

"Landon you need to pay attention!" I scolded him.

"Sorry, I just wanted cookies," He said sheepishly.

I sighed. It's hard to stay mad at him.

"What kind do you want?" I asked him, pulling out my wallet.

"Thin mint!" He exclaimed.

"Can I have one thin mint and one peanut butter?" I asked the little girl.

"Yes you can, sir!" She smiled happily. She grabbed my cookies and handed them to me, which I handed off to Landon.

"That'll be $8!"

I handed her a $10 and she gave me two
$1 back.

"Don't eat the cookies yet," I told Landon and he kind of pouted.