Chapter 90

Landon's POV
These last couple of night I've been having terrible nightmares. I don't know why either. I haven't watched anything scary.

I've been dreading going to bed, but Brody soon appears so I know what that means.

"Bedtime bud," Brody tells me. I stand up without any complaining and start walking upstairs. Noah ruffles my hair as I walk by him and Brody follows behind me.

I hop in bed because I was already in my pajamas.

"Goodnight little man," Brody kissed my head.

"Night," I mumbled.

He left and I felt tired. I was hoping tonight would be different and I wouldn't have any nightmares. I cuddled into my covers and drifted off to sleep.

A couple hours later I jolted awake, scared out of my mind. I haven't told my brothers about my nightmares. I don't want them to think I'm a baby.

I laid in bed and suddenly every single noise made me jumpy. I could hear the wind blowing the trees and little squeaks from my closet. I jumped up from my bed and ran out of my room.

I didn't want to tell my brothers so I went downstairs to watch tv. I turned the volume down so it wouldn't wake my brothers. I sat down and a commercial for a scary movie came on, making me even more scared.

I turned all the lights on downstairs, which helped a little. I looked at the clock and saw it was 3am. My brothers wouldn't be awake for hours.

I cuddled up with my blanket, exhausted. I wanted to sleep so bad, but I hated the nightmares. It was different every time. One time I would be kidnapped and another I would be chased with a knife. All I know is it's really affecting me. I just wanna get some sleep without waking up scared.

I kept watching tv and soon I saw the sun come out. I was relieved. The odd thing is I can sleep during the day and not have any nightmares.

My eyes started drooping until I heard footsteps run down the stairs.

"Why are you up so early?" Brody asked me. It was 6am and I was surprised he was even up.

"I couldn't sleep anymore," I shrugged, leaving out the nightmare part.

"Oh, well I'm going to the gym. I'll be back later. Be good for Noah," Brody said ruffling my hair.

I was too tired to even say anything about my hair. He left and I finally was able to fall asleep.

Noah's POV
Brody told me last night he was going to the gym so I got up a little earlier than normal just in case Landon got up.

I went downstairs and saw him sleeping on the couch. He had his blanket over his face so I moved it down so he could breath better.

I took a shower and ate breakfast and Landon was still sleeping. It was 10 o'clock, which was pretty late for him, but I let him continue sleeping.

I went to my room and watched tv, not wanting to wake my little brother downstairs.

Brody texted me and said he wouldn't be home until after lunch. I assumed Landon would wake up soon so I ordered us some pasta, but I was wrong. The food came and Landon was still dead asleep. I ate mine and Brody came home.

"Dude, Landon's been sleeping since at least 8am," I told Brody.

He told me to wake him while he took a shower. I went over to Landon and the blanket was back over his face.

"Bud," I shook him.

Landon's POV
I was shaken awake from the best nap I have ever had in my life.