Chapter 41

Brody's POV
I was sitting in last period bored out of my mind. Mrs. Lynn was boring the class by talking about wars. History was always my least favorite class. The only thing getting me through this dreadful class was it was Friday. I was watching the clock and it seemed to always make time go slower, so I looked away hoping to make it faster.

"Brody." Lucas whispered and tapped my shoulder.

I turned to look at him. He was sitting right behind me.

"You going to the party tonight?" He asked quietly, so Mrs. Lynn wouldn't hear.

"I can't. I have to stay with Landon." I told him. Leaving Landon alone was never a good idea. He was too much of a trouble maker.

"Just take him to my house. My mom will watch him and he can hangout with Jake." Lucas tried.

"Ok, I'll think about it." I told him. It did sound like a good idea. I haven't been to a party for months. If I decided to go I definitely wouldn't get drunk because I still have to take care of Landon.

"Ok, text me when you decide." He said. I nodded and turned back to the clock. Only two minutes left.

Those were one of the worst two minutes of my life.

"You papers comparing the wars are due Monday, so don't forget." Mrs. Lynn said as the bell rang.

I groaned. I did not want to write a stupid paper, but I have to pass this class.

I grabbed my books and bag and walked to my locker. As I was doing my combination I felt lips kiss my cheek. I turned and was met with the beautiful face of Kaitlin.

"Hey babe." I smiled and continued to unlock my locker.

"Hey, so I heard you're going to the party tonight?" She said. Ugh Lucas must of told people.

"I haven't decided. I need to talk with Landon." I told her.

"Ok, well I hope you come." She smiled and kissed me again before walking off.

I put my books in my locker and slammed it shut. I grabbed my keys from my pocket and went to my jeep. I drove home jamming to music. I was the first one home. Noah would probably hangout with his friends tonight and the bus didn't drop Landon off for another ten minutes.

I went inside and set my stuff down in my room. Then headed to the kitchen to find a snack. I looked through the cabinets but nothing caught my eye, so I decided on a apple. Basketball started next week and I need to start eating healthier foods.

As I was sitting on the counter eating my apple the door opened and slammed shut. Landon walked in with his book bag slung over his shoulder.

"Hey bud, you're home early." Usually the bus didn't get here for another seven minutes.

"I know, a lot of people didn't ride the bus today because they have nice siblings to drive them home." He said, which I knew he's still annoyed Noah and I don't drive him home everyday.

"Oh your life is so terrible." I joke.

"Yeah it is! So can I go to Jakes today?" He asked.

"Sure." I smiled. I really did want to go to that party.

"Guess what?" He asked excitedly.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"Today in science class we got to dissect frogs!" He stated as it was the most exciting thing in the world.

"Woah, that's cool bud!" I said, trying to match his excitement.

"This one girl was freaking out over it, so Jake and I set it on her chair while she was getting a drink. When she came back she actually sat on it!" He said, laughing uncontrollably.