Chapter 14

"Aster, what the hell! Why'd you leave me stranded?!" It took a second for Stella to realize that our teacher was right there.

Her mouth dropped a little "H-hi Sir, sorry didn't notice you there" She faintly smiled.

I needed to remind her about trying to get out of this socially awkward attitude. It was weird though, because she fidgets
and stutters only when she's around people from school.

"Stella. Why are you girls here?" I could feel Mr. Vervains gaze penetrating me.

I'm glad Stella decided to bring our drinks here, I needed to keep my mouth occupied. Just In case I said anything out of the ordinary. But of course, why would I? Right? He's my teacher, I'm his student...

Merely coincidental encounters I'd say...

Gulping down the shot, I smiled at him, waiting for Stella to answer on behalf of us.

"Girls night?" She forcefully smiled.

Most used line for underage girls. Good one Stel.

"Why not? Will leave you to it Mr. Vervain, John Doe, I can happily say that it hasn't been a pleasure." I stretched my arm, waiting for him to shake it.

I could see Mr. Vervain looking between us, especially when Doe returned the gesture.

Oblivious to Mr. Vervains straining energy and his rigid posture, Doe proceeded to look between Mr. Vervain and I, and well, Stella, stood awkwardly watching the awkward events unfold.

"No way man!" Doe looked at Mr. Vervain with his eyes slightly wider than before. "Wow no comment" Mr. Vervain shifted uncomfortably

His hazel eyes turned darker, I could see Doe stifling his laughter.

"I'm lost" I said, honestly.

"I honestly believe you Aster" Doe smiled genuinely and patted my back.

Mr. Vervains eyes met mine and I could tell he was waiting for a reaction, but I remained at ease.

I didn't flinch.

My head hurt. I could see the hurt in his eyes momentary flashing, before it subsided to its original shield.

I turned around and grabbed Stella's arm "Ok bye"

Dragging her to the booth we were initially in, we plopped down and immersed into a discussion.

"No I want to stay, just stop complaining you wanted this!"

"But Aster, Mr. Vervain is literally on the opposite side of us! sitting in a position that's facing two students from school which mind you, are underaged and freaking drinking!"

She sighed with a passion. And I waited patiently until she was calm so I can knock some sense into her.

I felt secure around Mr. Vervain. I don't know what the story was behind John Doe, but knowing now that Mr. Vervain and him at least associated, is enough for me to know that he's in Mr. Vervain good books, meaning he's in my good books, meaning I'm screwed for trusting someone because of someone else's immense effect on me.

Help.

"Listen Stel. Let's just dance. Let
loose you know ma--" I felt someone sit beside me.

Looking at an expressionless Mr. Vervain, I could hear my nerves scattering, and my heart rate gradually stammer. His proximity was seeping out towards me.

"Stella do you mind joining my friend Mason for a drink? I need a few minutes with Aster."

His voice didn't seem shaken, and every word literally oozed with confidence. He never took his eyes away from mine, and vice versa.

We were irrevocably hooked.

Stella sensed the tension, and was on the verge of leaving but Mr. Vervain broke eye contact and turned towards her "Red bull only." Her eyes widened and then she scurried away.

Stella knew not to defy Mr. Vervain even if we were out of school bounds.

To be honest, he was not his usual self.

Mr. Vervain slightly creased his forehead, uttering his next words slowly and carefully. "It's really late Aster"

"I know Michael"

"You... - stop doing that." He rested his elbow on the platform, covering his eyes. "Don't call me by my first name" Mr. Vervains frustration kept me going.

Butterflies.

"Don't be in denial..." I rested my head on his shoulder, closing the space between us.

"Why am I not reacting" I heard Mr. Vervain mutter other silent words to himself.

"Don't react. Just stay." I held Mr. Vervains arms encircling my hand around his biceps. I closed my eyes embracing this addicting feeling while he relaxed under my touch.

"This is wrong" he sighed.

"Mr. Vervain, you need to remember that we will always be on the same boat."

"Meaning?"

"Since we met, have you realized that our emotions are always reciprocated..."

I lifted my head a little and instantaneously captured his visible eyes.

"I can tick every box of literally multiple emotions exchanged between us, as well as shared throughout this week."

Shaking my head "Can't believe I've only
known you this long" Melting in hazel, I tried to remain focused.

"Anger, stubbornness, frustration, s--"

"Aster" He kept his gaze while intertwining his fingers with mine. "What emotion are we ticking now?"

Whatever I felt was growing rapidly in my chest within this moment. I couldn't allow myself to voice this, especially not to him. It was addicting, and he felt it.

"Just know, that this feeling is far from wrong"

His eyes caressed my strained soul,
piercing into the inner life of me. No words could sum up or accurately describe this situation.

I unclasped my hand from his, only
to change my position. I opened my arms engulfing him.

His eyes widened slightly but then softened when I looked at him with as much emotion as he was reciprocating.

Sighing, "I'll tell you this."

I lifted my head closer to his ear and buried myself deeper between the crook of his neck, "It's just so beautiful when the thirst is mutual..."