Chapter 60

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Michael said, skimming through his movie list.

I rolled my eyes and plopped down next to him, "Is this your idea of letting loose Michael?"

He turned around, sheepishly smiling. I couldn't help but return it.

"Your dimples," I looked at them, faintly tracing them with my fingers.

He closed his eyes, clasping my hands with his.

"Aster, please focus. I'm close to losing control,"

I want you to lose control.

I huffed, even when I was this close I was still longing for him.

"Ok ok! I've seen every movie you could possibly imagine,"

It had been two years now, and I've taken advantage of my freedom, familiarising myself with the outside world. Binge watching every genre, kick-boxing, reading every book I could get my hands on and just living.

I silently sent a prayer, thanking Mason for allowing me to forget about who I was, the abuse, the torture, the lack of knowing, and just giving me the opportunity to live.

Michael looked at me aware that I had been down memory lane, but instead of addressing it, he dismissed it and raised his eyebrows challenging me.

"Pride and Prejudice?"

"Yes,"

"Sleepless in Seattle,"

"Yes,"

"While you were sleeping,"

"Yes, come on make it harder!"

"I thought I was," He thought for a minute.

"Suite Française," He looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"Yes! You're such a romantic huh,"

His cheeks slightly flushed a colour of rose, but his face was composed as ever.

It was in his nature to be this collected, and mask his expressions, and I just love every bit of it.

"I have you to blame," he said sternly.

"You know you only listed old school movies,"

"We're both alike, Aster." I smiled, my heart fluttering.

"You do realise that we both don't know the meaning of letting loose," I chuckled, he gave me an apologetic look, but soon after he joined in.

The bubble of laughter ended too soon when we heard someone behind the couch clear their throat.

We quickly sobered up turning around to face Haley, who had her hands crossed and didn't bother hiding her cheeky smirk.

"Haley, why are you still awake?" Michael seemed flustered, but regained composition when he stood up to remove the invisible dust on his polo shirt.

"You guys really need to get a room," I stifled a laugh, tilting my head towards the TV, an attempt to cover the blush that had crept up to my cheeks.

"Language! Where's this attitude coming from?" Michaels tone and demeanour reminded me of the first day we met in class. The only difference was his hazel eyes, they were glowing, they were smiling.

"Dad. I'm all grown up now, you're just not accepting the fact that I'm maturing," she huffed, sending her fringe side ways.

"Anyway Aster, it's about time my dad smiled. Where have you been all my life?" She cheekily smiled and plopped down right next to me.