Chapter 37

I waited in front of Mr. Vervain's classroom. My eyes darted towards each side of the corridor, as the clock tick-tocked.

What is life?

Ben had more secrets than he was letting on.
Mr. Vervains expressive side was still restricted.
I was in too deep.

I guess my step father was right. He saw a glimmer of hope but he didn't know what it signified. Who it represented.

I had to go to training tomorrow. The emotional roller coaster this day had me riding diminished my strength.

I wanted to let him in. He wanted to let me in. If we don't slam our defenses and succumb to one another, there won't be an us. This beautiful, but daunting feeling, which extended deeper than the ordinary, would perish..

A ring resonated, freeing the lost, self-conflicted, becoming teenagers who only come here to win their ticket to the outside world. I didn't even have to win to get a glimpse of realities methods of welcoming such beings.

Everyone scattered, chattering and moving swiftly, as if nothing bad awaited them. I watched the way they swayed with ease, the feeling that crept up wasn't an envious one. I knew that after every hardship comes ease... that's what pulls me up every time I fall.

They, they don't know what's coming for them.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I automatically elbowed the person, my body initiating attack.

I saw Mr. Vervains deadly face. He moved his hand  to his chest, rubbing the part I hit.

My hand was on my mouth trying hard not to let it out. He narrowed his eyes challenging me to. And I did.

I smiled so brightly, my cheek started to hurt. I stared into his hazel eyes, a soft chuckle escaping.

His face remained serious, which comforted me more. I've grown accustomed to this side to him. It wasn't anger, it was his way of being shy. In a twisted way, the kind of reactions he exudes ties me to him even more.

He checked the hall way and grabbed my arm gently, leading me into his classroom.

Mr. Vervain pushed me gently on the wall and held me from my waist. It made me catch my breath but I didn't show it, I went along with it mesmerized by his powerful impact he had on me.

The commandment in his presence doesn't make you feel weak, it empowers you. He empowers me.

"Don't talk." Mr. Vervain rubbed his thumb gently on my lower lip. Breathing got harder with every passing moment. He pushed himself closer to me, suffocating the air that flowed in between.

The thunder dimmed all the lights that illuminated seconds ago. I could feel the rain dancing within me, the school atmosphere subsiding to an intimate one. 

"Emerald eyes" He whispered.

I inhaled his scent, tasting its essence. I couldn't reply, his eyes were hypnotic. 

"A slight curl from your lip is a detonator to my heart Aster"

I rubbed my hand over his chest setting them on fire. I couldn't resist the warmth radiating from his body.

He rested his forehead in the crook of my neck. I felt the way his nose caressed the side of my shoulder. My arms reacted on its own, circling his waist, bringing him closer than ever.

"Mr. Vervain" I softly said, my rapid breath getting the best of me.

Mr. Vervain kissed my neck softly, making me forget the existence of pain.

His thumb went under the hem of my shirt and with his cool hands, he traced invisible circles. It ignited sparkling flames.

"Let's go home" Mr. Vervain said, not moving one inch.

"Let's go" My voice rusty.