Chapter 52

"Can I take you out?"

I looked around, Mason nowhere to be seen. I was still dazed by Michael's presence.

"I d-don't know," I stuttered.

"I want to take you somewhere," He paused midway.

I looked up, ushering him to continue with my eyes.

"Somewhere special to me," Every word was heavily spoken.

"I need to minimise my movement. The doctor said I need all the rest I can get," I said reluctantly. Internally, I was urging him to force me to accompany him.

He took two steps forward in my direction.

"I'll carry you," He faintly smiled. "You're light,"

"Am I really?" I challenged.

"Aster, we need to talk somewhere that doesn't involve four walls or doors for that matter," His eyes pleaded.

For some reason his words brought a sense of melancholy.

It validated that what we had was a means to an end.

That the 'talk' had a hidden connotation, synonymous to goodbye.

"Ok Michael,"

He smiled faintly, the dimples I've grown to love barely prominent.

"Carry me," I smiled.

I needed to feel his proximity.

Michael didn't argue. I could sense the energy, a mutual one we shared.

We were being completely transparent.

Impulsive.

Uncaring.

Selfish.

To every entity against us.

"Your wish, is my command,"

In an instance, i was mid-air. His body heat spread through me. I encircled my arms around his neck, nearly losing balance.

Michael smiled at me, clearly entertained by my facial expressions.

"I got you," His mouth moved, but his face remained still. His eyes instilling me with warmth.

"For now," I sighed. Voicing my thoughts was therapeutic for me. My heart was breaking and I couldn't possibly contain this overwhelming feeling.

Deep down, I know if I suppressed my thoughts and feelings the end result would come down to two words: what if.

Michael sighed and started heading to the car. I burried my face into the crook of his neck, embracing momentary comfort of his.

His fingers briefly glided under my shirt, enhancing my desire even more.

We were both breathing softly, but the air that came out was heavily loaded with lust.

"Can you please open the door,"

"No, you open it," We stared into each others eyes, none of us backing down.

"If you say so," He gently pressed me against the door, not breaking eye-contact.

He rested his forehead onto mine and inhaled slowly.

"Can we make a deal?"

I raised my eyebrows, tracing his features with my pupils.

"Deal," Not caring what was at stake.

"Can we lose control?" His eyes roamed my face and landed on my lips.

I sighed, inching closer.

"I said deal," Our lips connected straight away. He pushed me harder against his car. I lost balance and stood on my feet, giving him room to lean against me.

His tongue traced my lips and I immediately interlaced it with mine. His kisses grew harder and deeper, with a fervent urge he never showed before.

We parted for a second to breath. Michael looked at me with a recognisable desire to devour me.

"I want to touch you everywhere Aster," Michael whispered. His lips rested on my neck, I couldn't help but moan.

"It's mutual Michael," I sighed.

I moved my hands to the side of his shirt to untuck it. He held me tighter on my waist, digging his nails into my skin.

"You feel good Aster,"

My hands connected with his torso. I began to give him a massage, enjoying the softness of his skin.

"You have a six pack?" I tilted my head towards him.

His smile spread across his face bringing out his charming looks.
I smiled back unable to fight his contagious happiness.

"I love you,"

"But you don't know me?" I know this question  would strip away this vibrant feeling we were currently on.. but I needed to understand his thoughts. I needed to mentally prepare myself for what was to come.

I moved my hands under his shirt to put my arms around him.

My head fell against his chest, not wanting to witness his reaction.

"I know enough to want to know you," Michael said, and rested his chin over my head. His hand continued to move in circles against my back.

"I heard everything Aster. That's why I said we need to talk,"

"I know the end-result of that talk. It's breaking me," A tear slipped unintentionally.

"Do you really think I'd hurt you? And let you dwell and turn this love we have into something toxic?" There were so many gaps to what he was saying.

"I'm an adult Aster, I'm not a teenager. This is not a game. My feelings are pure, I just want to continue to empower you, even if it means we should part ways,"

"See! you said it! You're going to leave me, broken and lost without you," I pushed his chest.

I felt enraged by the reality of existing without him. A little part of me hoped that he wouldn't say that.

"Aster calm down, let's just go," His energy was collected, contrary to his fury eyes.
"We will talk when we go to that place,"

"You're going to leave me anyway, so just end it now," I really did succumb to acting on impulse. My emotions were out of control.

I wanted to kiss him, hug him, scream shout and cry all at once.

Michael inched closer but I pushed him away.

"Stop," His anger was getting the best of him.

"No,"

He came closer again, and held my hand the second I placed it on his chest.

"Respect Aster,"

"I don't care if you don't tolerate disrespect Mr. Vervain! Just go! Everyone goes!" My tears streamed uncontrollably down my face.

Michael had a worried expression on. But it automatically transitioned into fury.

He held both my hands up and chained me against the car. I felt his lips smash against mine shutting me up. His tongue played with mine minimising each and every emotion into one. One of love.

Michael removed his lips leaving only a centimetre of space between us.

I felt his lips move against mine with every word he breathed.

"I'm going to speak life into you,"