Chapter 55

It was now or never.

My thoughts swirled around, knocked into a trance I was fixated on him, in his presence.

"That was.." Mr. Vervain cleared his throat, attempting to convey his feelings.

"Speechless," I felt his heart stammering against me.

We were five feet apart, but I've never felt so close.

Everything hit me, Benji's words... I felt like a walking contradiction. My words were empty. I couldn't  move on, without him by my side. 

Michael..

I breathed in and nodded my head to the class to acknowledge their praises.

I tilted my head towards Mr. Vervain as he waited for me to give him the look, the look of longing.

But I closed them tightly, I placed my poem on his desk, turned around and walked away.

Benji was standing right in front of the classroom, as if he had predicted this would happen.

He walked towards me with a knowing gaze and reached for my cheeks.

I didn't even know I was crying.

"Shh, you're strong, you're ok," I nodded my head and intertwined our hands.

We began to walk away, from the reality of it all ... he existed. It was real all along.

I heard the door open behind us but i held Benji's in a firm grasp.

"Aster, please wait," Mr. Vervains voice was strained but it brought me to a halt.

I looked at Benji and he had a slightly angry/sad look.

"I was wrong Benji, I can't control this feeling, it's a powerful connection," Sighing, he nodded trying to take in my words

"Tonight, I want to tell you my story. I want you to understand why i feel the need to protect you. Why I'm drawn to you..." Benji's defeated tone broke my heart.

I hugged him firmly, "I'm here for you, and I can't wait..." I smiled faintly.

Mr. Vervain cleared his throat.

"Go," Benji unclasped his hand and walked away.

I breathed in heavily and turned around.

We both stared at one another for what felt like a lifetime. We undressed our layers with every second that went by.

His hazel eyes moved closer. My body was floating towards him.

He suddenly stopped and peered at the empty room in the right.

He opened the door and waited for me to enter before him.

I did. Without a second thought.

He locked the door, while I backed away towards the wall in the corner.

"I can hear my heartbeat," Mr. Vervain whispered.

Eyes filled with passion.

I was mute. My vocal cords were silenced.
I just wanted to scream my love out to him.

"Aster say something,"

He came closer, brushing my skin with his palm.

"I miss you,"

"You are the epitome of life,"

"I finally found you,"

Tears were streaming down my face.

"I fucki-,"

I kissed him. Everything about him was out of character. It felt like we were reckless teenagers inlove.

His lips caressed mine..it was so sweet, so passionate.

I circled my hand on his neck pulling him closer, feeling every fibre of his being.

"Ah," Mr. Vervain breathed against me with contentment.

"You feel so good, where have you been all my life," I felt his tears against my face.

We reluctantly removed our lips from each other.

"I choose you," I finally said. It was the right time. After so many years of growth, struggles and independence. He has always been a part of me longing to connect again.

He smiled. His dimples made my eyes glimmer.

"I've tried to stay away. And I swear this was by chance,"

I put my hand on his lips, "I'm so grateful,"

"Good. Because I'm not letting you go this time... I feel so free, my character diminishes with you," He stiffened up, as if he had felt inferior for the impact these feelings had on him.

We loved with a love that was more than love..

I sighed and scooted closer, reassuring him that I felt the same.

He looked at me, with so much love.
"You're so beautiful Aster,"

"Go, your students are probably wondering were you are," I ushered him to go. Removing my hand from his. I needed to collect my thoughts.

"We need to talk. About everything. Then figure out where we belong..."

I didn't know anything about him, and he knew me wholly.

It mattered but it didn't.. somehow our souls collided. No matter the reasoning, they were bound.

He sighed, "We do.. and yes I have to go," He looked at his watch whilst he brushed his hair back.

I looked at him so mesmerised by this man.

"Give me your phone," I put my hand out. He narrowed his eyes, confused.

"Don't worry about it," I said and shifted closer to him not breaking eye contact. I placed my hand on his chest, caressing it downwards. I felt his phone and moved my hand inside his pocket.
His heavy breathing matched mine. So much tension.. yearning.. desire..

I moved away and typed my number.

"Here you go, I saved my number. Message me tonight, will sort day and time," I gave it to him and quickly composed myself.

I didn't even want to spend one moment without him.

He closed his eyes firmly, trying to control himself. I felt like he was going to jump me. Hold me and never let go.

"Bye Michael,"
I moved to the right, and began walking, shoving him a little to pass through.

I felt a tug on my hand, he pulled me hard against his chest and kissed me like his life depended on it.
Lulled by his lips, his tenderness and sensuality, his desire poured into me.

He gently backed away, our gaze deep within the ocean, in the pit of its infinite hole.

He walked away.

Leaving me breathless.