Chapter 58

I scrunched up my nose, and peered out the window. This lecture hall reminded me of my high school classroom.

The sound of rain, the sight of it, created a familiar feeling of nostalgia. Michael invaded my mind, our first encounter, the first time our eyes connected.

The clarity of rain seemed to be so insignificant in that moment. His intervention made it to be a blur.

I was wearing the purple blouse he bought me. It reminded me of the day we looked back at our reflection, standing side by side, perfectly moulded for each other.

My hair was straightened, my eyelashes curled, my lips lightly painted with a faint nude colour. I needed a strong exterior, I don't know what I was expecting today, whether I should drop out of this unit, separate myself from him, restore whatever sense left in me, and be done with it.

I sat there, the sun light beamed into the classroom. Strangers shuffled around, taking their rightful place.

I was seated at the back, as an attempt to avoid his gaze. Michael knows all too well that he could melt my insides with just one look.

I heard the classroom door open, Michael entered so gracefully, barely looking at anyone.

I fleshed him out while he faced the whiteboard to fill in the date.

He wore a white dressy button-down shirt which disappeared inside a grey waistcoat. He looked so fresh and groomed. This new look he had going on, did, in no way calm the tornado that erupted from within.

My eyes darted outside, as a reflex mechanism. His bittersweet fragrance lingered in the air. I was incredibly nervous. Thoughts of last night flashed before me, and the idea of him cancelling me out, only but increased the pain and longing.

"Right," he clapped his hands together with a great hold and turned around, his eyes landing effortlessly on mine.

I felt extremely agitated under his gaze, but I refused to look away.

I held my hand tightly on my lap, a failed attempt to ease the butterflies in my stomach.

He was relentless, never breaking eye contact. As though he was savouring this moment, everyone was oblivious to this intimacy.

"Quiet," the class went silent, as usual, the aura he exuded was demanding. He finally broke his gaze, it landed on my purple blouse, a hint of recognition twirled in his eyes. I felt the heat spread to my face. I grabbed my hair and put it to the side as a shield, a failed one for that matter.

He leaned back on his desk and crossed his arms together with a firm grasp.

Everyone was looking back and forth, clueless as to why their Professor was burning holes through me.

I sighed internally,

My palms were sweaty, I just wanted to facepalm myself.

I communicated with my eyes, please stop.

My body was tingling, I stared at his firm lips, missing the feel of them.

His anger was clear as day, but he had said nothing last night, no reassurance what so ever.

He finally broke eye contact, I exhaled heavily, not aware that I had stopped breathing.