Chapter 42

After they bickered, Mason reluctantly let me drive back with Mr. Vervain. It was foreign to have someone fight over me in a positive way.

Mr. Vervain was deep in thought and I didn't want to disrupt him. As the moments flickered, I restrained my mouth. It was difficult to hold myself from bombarding him with questions about what was revealed tonight.

Sometimes it feels like my life is just one long day, and the events that I lived today can attest to that.

It was awfully quiet, the silence was deafening.
"Mr. Vervain... I don't think I have energy to talk over our plan tonight," I'm just tired. I just want the world to be quiet for a bit. Not Mr. Vervain.

"I know Aster, but I don't want the night to end. I have a lot to say" Mr. Vervain spoke quietly, still in thought.

"And I want to take in everything you have to say, but not tonight. I have training tomorrow" I could picture Coach Zayn's disapproving eyes staring right at me as a reminder of my purpose and his limited time.

"I'm dropping you off," Mr. Vervain fixed his hazel eyes on mine.

"But I'm sleeping over-"

"I'll pass by in the morning. Haley has a new nanny," We came to a stop in front of what I assume was Mason's house.

I took in the scene in front of me. The neighbourhood was peaceful. People reflected their environment, and in this case, I had a feeling every person that resided in this block came from a sophisticated background.

A tear drop involuntarily made its way down my cheek. "He left me" I whispered.

"He found you" Mr. Vervain unbuckled his seatbelt and left the car. My door suddenly opened and Mr. Vervain filled my vision. He held my hand and pulled me against him.

I held my face and stepped away from him. I felt the car support me as I leaned further.

"I'm exhausted from trying to be stronger than I feel" My hands covered my face. I wasn't sure if Mr. Vervain heard me, but I could feel the voice inside my head being conjured.

Mason stopped behind Mr. Vervains ride.
"What's wrong??" Mason was instantly next to me.

"She's tired. Will talk about everything tomorrow," Mr. Vervain spoke calmly on behalf of me.

"Ok that's fine. Will talk tomorrow Aster just breathe," Mason rambled. I looked at his worried face and faintly smiled.

"Don't worry big brother, I'll come in. Let me have a word with Michael" Mr. Vervain's eyes turned into a dark shade of brown. My heartbeat escalated and I could see the passion in them.

Mason looked between the two of us and nodded his head in understanding. Once Mr. Vervain and I saw him close the door, Mr. Vervain shifted closer, surrounding me between his arms.

"He loves you, go easy on him" Mr. Vervain said.

"My soul is tired," I looked into his eyes, loving his closeness.

Mr. Vervain's eyes dropped and landed on my lips. It was hard to concentrate on the fact that I was exhausted. He was deflecting, but it worked. His body crushed me, but it wasn't painful, it was alluring.

"What are you doing Mr. Vervain?" I shut my eyes and controlled my emotions. This wasn't the right time to get sucked into this feeling, this perfect human being.

"You know, I'm a dreamer. I dream big." Mr. Vervain's voice was raspy. "But I stopped when I met you - you're the dream Aster," Mr. Vervain's forehead brushed mine. "We will solve this together," He reassured.

"I trust you," I inhaled the essence of this moment.

"Say my name," His lips were inches away from mine.

"Michael, I love you" I said earnestly.

His hazel eyes automatically connected with mine. This strong and barely controllable emotion that he exuded in them, the passion that circulated around his pupils was unexplainable.

He grabbed my face and slammed his mouth, dissolving his lips into mine. He kissed me like I was the brightest thing. He kissed me and inhaled my sighs. The pull wasn't only emotional, but literal. The gap between us filled instantaneously, he pulled me closer by my waist. I grabbed his neck like he was the ice that cooled down the burning fire. Everything felt like it was exploding with flames, flames of love.

Maybe it lasted a minute or two, but it felt like hours.

"I love you more now than I did a second ago" Mr. Vervain's breathing was heavy but low. I felt clustered, but he still remained as composed and genuine as ever.

"This. What we have. This is my salvation," I said with so much love.

Mr. Vervain's smile wasn't ordinary. It reached his eyes and made his dimples pop out and touch the surface, my heart.

"Go inside Aster. It gets better from here I promise you. I'll pick you up at 6am" Mr. Vervain said with comfort.

The atmosphere was light. He made me feel secure. He healed the wounds that ran rampant. I nodded my head smiling.
I went on my tiptoes and kissed him one more time.
"I love you. Goodnight"

I walked passed him. He was unmoving, not used to me taking initiative. I smiled brighter as I walked towards the door. It was sudden, I felt his arms encircle me by the waist. He held me against his back.

"I miss you," I closed my eyes and sighed, enjoying this overwhelming feeling. "Goodnight beautiful"

The breeze covered me the second he left. He started the ignition and drove away.

I was tired, but if it means having Mr. Vervain uplift this weariness everyday, then so be it