Listen

This is the lesson for Christian Fellowship worship and prayer session at our workplace today, 9/9/2016.

Listen

29/8/2016

Mark 10:46-52 NKJV

46 Now they came to Jericho. As He went out of Jericho with His disciples and a great multitude, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the road begging. 47 And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"

48 Then many warned him to be quiet; but he cried out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"

49 So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be called.

Then they called the blind man, saying to him, "Be of good cheer. Rise, He is calling you."

50 And throwing aside his garment, he rose and came to Jesus.

51 So Jesus answered and said to him, "What do you want Me to do for you?"

The blind man said to Him, "Rabboni, that I may receive my sight."

52 Then Jesus said to him, "Go your way; your faith has made you well." And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road.

Mark 10:46

Now they came to Jericho. As He went out of Jericho with His disciples and a great multitude, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the road begging.

Jesus was leaving Jericho. He was passing through and leaving. He had His disciples and a great multitude of people going with Him when he passed by a blind man sitting by the road side begging.

Mark 10:47
And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"

When the blind man heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth passing by, he called out to Jesus to have mercy on him. The blind man heard. He was limited in his sight but he used what he had. He used his hearing. He could not see physically, but he saw spiritually. He saw by faith. He called out to Jesus and called Him, Son of David. Eventhough he could not see, he saw by faith in his heart that Jesus was the Messiah. He had faith. He heard the Scriptures and he believed. He believed that Jesus was the Messiah.

Romans 10:17 NKJV
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

2 Corinthians 5:7 NKJV
For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Mark 10:48
Then many warned him to be quiet; but he cried out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"

When the crowd heard him calling out to Jesus, they told him to be quiet. But, the blind man called out all the more louder to get the attention of Jesus. He persisted. He persevered despite the discouraging voices of the crowd trying to silence him. Whenever you decide to do something for God, do not allow the voices of the crowd to discourage you and drown your voice. Listen to the voice of God and obey. Drown out the voices of the crowd with your obedience to the voice of God.

Does it seem like God is not hearing or answering your prayers? Have you persevered in praying about the matter? Persist on in calling Him. Persevere in prayer. He wants to answer your prayers.

Isaiah 59:1-2
Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened,
That it cannot save;
Nor His ear heavy,
That it cannot hear.

But your iniquities have separated you from your God;
And your sins have hidden His face from you,
So that He will not hear.

The Lord hears but beware of sin that is hindering your prayers from being heard or answered.

Mark 10:49
So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be called.
Then they called the blind man, saying to him, "Be of good cheer. Rise, He is calling you."