Protection

Protection

2/9/2016

Today, we have completed 7 weeks of prayer march around the workplace.

For the Christian Fellowship worship and prayer session at my workplace today, we sang the worship song entitled Our God. The Lord leads one of our sister in Christ to share about her deliverance and how she had been saved 3 times from life and death situations from childhood until adulthood. Hallelujah! God is Mighty and Great! 

As she was sharing, I recalled some of the incidences of life and death situations which I myself encountered, and to my surprise, I had even more than my sister in Christ who was sharing, and I am sure there are more that I have not yet recalled.

I recalled how I was saved by God in a landslide at a mountain road in the middle of the night during a night duty call. The landslide was right above us and falling onto the vehicle but by the Grace of God we were saved unharmed. Hallelujah!

There was another incident when I was just in the first year of my career. It was night and I was returning home from work walking along the walkway beside the road in town when suddenly there was an unknown young man holding a knife in his right hand at waist level came running at me to stab me in the abdomen. I immediately asked the Lord to help me. As he was approaching me to stab me, I moved aside and he missed. He was standing right in front of me and when he saw that I was not wavered by his attack and had my eyes firmly fixed on his eyes, he walked away. I returned home safely. Hallelujah!

I recall another flashback of an incident when I was a student. I was walking down the staircase of the large lecture hall when suddenly midway of the staircase, I fell headlong from midway of the hall, all the way to the bottom of the hall, flying down at such great speed, landing onto the floor in a sitting position at the bottom of the hall bypassing the rest of the staircase altogether. By the Grace of God, I only sustained a severely sprained right ankle which I dragged around for about 2 weeks going for lectures as I did not want to miss any. Praise the Lord for His Protection!

As I am writing this, I recall another incident in my diary on 4/8/2015 regarding a motorcycle incident.

I was crossing the zebra crossing at the traffic lights on my way to a bible study, and I had a collision with a motorcycle. The cars had already stopped when the traffic lights turned red, and it was my cue to cross the road. I was already in the middle of the road. Suddenly, there was a motorcycle coming right at me riding in between the 2 stopped cars. It happened so fast, I had no time to save myself from getting hit. I did not even have time to ask God for help.

We collided but God miraculously saved me from severe injuries. I can't really explain how God did it. The injuries were painful but I was spared by God's Mercy and Grace. I have pain all over, but no fracture, no wound, not even a scratch. Just redness and swelling. It was almost as if it did not hit me. At the end of the incident, I was leaning on the middle of the motorcycle just in front of the motorcyclist and we were face to face with each other. After coming off the motorcycle, the rider rode off and I continued to cross the street, walk to my destination, and attend the bible study. I am so grateful for God's protection. All Glory to God! Hallelujah!

I would like to give thanks to our Lord God Almighty for what He has done for me, His Providence and Protection in my life. All Glory to God. Hallelujah!

Psalm 91 NLT

1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
    will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
    he is my God, and I trust him.
3 For he will rescue you from every trap
    and protect you from deadly disease.
4 He will cover you with his feathers.
    He will shelter you with his wings.
    His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
    nor the arrow that flies in the day.
6 Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
    nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
7 Though a thousand fall at your side,
    though ten thousand are dying around you,
    these evils will not touch you.
8 Just open your eyes,
    and see how the wicked are punished.

9 If you make the Lord your refuge,
    if you make the Most High your shelter,
10 no evil will conquer you;
    no plague will come near your home.
11 For he will order his angels
    to protect you wherever you go.
12 They will hold you up with their hands
    so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.
13 You will trample upon lions and cobras;
    you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!

14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
    I will protect those who trust in my name.
15 When they call on me, I will answer;
    I will be with them in trouble.
    I will rescue and honor them.
16 I will reward them with a long life
    and give them my salvation.”

Amen. No weapon formed against us will prosper. The LORD is faithful to protect.

Isaiah 54:17 NKJV
no weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is from Me," says the LORD.

Responses to the testimony on Protection:

Y*: All glory to God, Marilyn! Amen! psalm 91 is a good one to read...we dwell in the shadow of the wings of the Almighty indeed

K*: Amen! What an awesome testimony!

R*: Awesome stuff Marilyn. God's hands are indeed upon those who seek Him for refuge! Amen!

J*: TQ for your testimony Marilyn.  God has great destiny for u and the enemy is trying hard to rob your destiny from u

[22:07, 02/09/2016] S: Hallelujah n May God Take care of ur future