Mysteries

Requested by Mabel--Pines Hope you all enjoy!

"Hey Southeast," Dipper called shining his flashing over to where he assumed she was standing. "Take a look at this."

Pacifica, walked quickly over to where Dipper was shining his flashlight. Due to this horrible monster hunt, she had lost her pet, Hannah, to the monstrous Big Blue. She sniffled and looked down at the ground. "Tracks." She replied.

"Yeah, of what though?" Dipper asked, kneeling down looking at the tracks carefully. "Southeast, you know that this was no human attack."

She gave an exasperated sigh. "I dunno, Gleeful. You keep hoping that it will be Big Blue, but you have to look at the facts supporting the evidence. All the attacks happened near a boating dock, propellers are the likely cause of death." She flipped through an autopsy report. "And people have lived here for years! Years, Gleeful! You think they would've noticed something that large and prehistoric in their lake?"

"Just because people haven't seen him doesn't mean he's not there! If he has been living in that lake for thousands of years and has gone unnoticed, don't you think this creature knows how to hide?" Dipper asked, getting a little fed up with her. "And if it's coming this close to land that means it's food source has run out, it is that desperate to get more food whether people see it or not."

Pacifica started to think about it. What had happened to Hannah was no boating accident, but she didn't quite believe that it was a prehistoric animal. "Gleeful, just look at the facts, please? I don't want you getting in trouble with the government again."

Dipper remembered exactly what she meant. On his search to prove that the government was hiding something from the world, he had snuck around getting little pieces of information.

"And I also don't want you to get killed. You've almost died so many times already." She explained.

"Three." He replied. "Not so many times." He sighed.

"Three? I could've swore it was more than that." She sounded a little confused.

"On the boat, in Alaska, in the train cart with the bomb? What other one am I missing?" He concluded. "See. Three."

"What about that gargoyle incident?" She inquired.

After trying to prove that McGucket was innocent, Dipper had gotten obsessed with the fact and was checking the man's crawl space, which had many gargoyle statues, paintings, and drawings.

He was so obsessed to the fact that people actually suspected that he killed the victim. They called him a psychopath.

In the end, Dipper had followed —who he thought was the murderer— till the murderer almost stabbed him multiple times —in the face and chest— in attempt the kill him and get away with it. They never caught the murderer and he was still at large.

Dipper frowned. "You remember that?"

"How could I not!" Pacifica exclaimed, throwing her hands up. "You almost died! And you would of if you were left in the storage compartment any longer! You could of bled to death! And you thought I wouldn't remember tbat?! Dipper, I-!"

"Shh!" Dipper hissed, putting his hand over Pacifica's mouth.

She attempted to move his hand and yell at him, but then she noticed how serious he actually was. She took his seriousness, and kept her mouth shut, glancing side to side, trying to figure out what he had heard.

He suddenly turned around and stared off at the lake with, curiosity in his eyes. Without even as much as word, he started walking towards the lake.

"Dipper....?" Pacifica asked, as she grabbed his arm. "What are you doing? This isn't right...what's going on?" She asked, starting to freak out a little bit.

He stopped, turned around slowly, and stared silently ahead.

Pacifica thought that he was staring at her, but she suddenly realized, that he was staring at someone, or something behind her.

Without warning, he immediately pushed her aside, right as she heard the low menacing growl.

She shrieked as she hit the ground and didn't see what was happening, she was too stunned to move an inch. She heard a shout, and it sounded like Dipper got hurt!

She stood up way faster than she was allowed to, and felt dizzy. And that's when she heard the gunshots.

She went into panic mode, and looked around blindly, and she counted.

Eight, she thought. Eight shots. And everything was quiet.

Like, strangely quiet, it was like the world just stopped everything for one moment.

When her eyes finally focused, she saw a figure leaning up against the tree with their head tilted back.

"Dipper?" She asked, stepping towards the figure. She heard it sigh and toss something to the ground. "Dipper?!" She asked, panic rising her voice.

"I'm, ugh, fine." He finally said, although it sounded like he was in pain.

Pacifica kneeled down next to him and saw that whatever had attacked them, had left quite the mark on Dipper's leg.

"Just a little scratch." He lied, sitting up straighter, he pointed past Pacifica. "There. We found our murderer."

Pacifica looked to where Dipper was pointing, and gasped. It wasn't a prehistoric animal, it was a very large, larger than usual, alligator.

"That must of been the creature that attacked all those people and....Hannah." She managed to spit out the last word, but Dipper could tell that she was still hurt.

She slumped down next to Dipper and handed him a bottle of water. "Here. Drink this." She mumbled, pulling her cell phone out of her pocket.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Calling an ambulance. You're going to need stitches." She smiled at him.

* * *

"Hey, I never got to thank you." Pacifica said as Dipper was escorted to the ambulance.

"For what?" He asked, trying to look up at her.

She rolled her eyes and moved a piece of hair out of his face. "For taking that hit for me." Then she punched his arm. "But don't risk your life again! That's five times in the last two months that you've almost died!"

"Ow!" He shouted. "Why'd you do that?!"

"Because I...never mind." She sighed.

"Speaking of that, you were in the middle of telling me something when we got attacked, what was it?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Believe me, it was nothing." She lied, hoping he wouldn't see through her.

"Well whatever it was, I think I feel the same way." He said, smiling at her.

"What! Dipper I-" she was once again interrupted by a doctor who pulled Dipper's stretcher away from her. She looked down and mumbled. "I care about you."

♡♥♡♥♡
X-Files Rev Dipcifica! Cute, no? Thanks for the idea! And pleaze give me ideas or suggestions because otherwise this will just turn awkward! Thanks guys!